Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse 🔥)

@Lyya is a mod not a Dev man.

1 Like

Docked 50,000 trophies “just cause”, or docked trophies equal to the amount of trophies that player obtained?

I don’t know the extent of the exploit or the exact trophy deduction. But it’s fecking hefty. Cost us 5 places.

Might be equal to the amount that player had gotten while in your guild.
If they’ve been in the guild for a while, then it’s probably that.
If they’re very new. idk.

I personally think a guild’s total trophies should be based on the trophies obtained by players currently in the guild, but thats a completely different thread and i don’t care enough to argue about it.

This is what doesn’t make any sense.
The way I read it is. Those who cheated were okay to do so, because it was a quick fix to undo their ill gotten gains.
Those who made the fix more complicated by using those gems. Were banned.
That tells me that bans are based solely on how much time it would take to correct them by the devs.
So in the case of guild wars… Because your policy is to never mess with GW points. Very little time was spent fixing issues caused by the Exploit. Therefore, no players were banned.
So just be straight up about your ban policy.
You decide who gets banned based solely on how much of a pain in the ass they are.
Maybe that’s why I don’t cheat, or use exploits egregiously. I know that ban hammer is thirsty for my account. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

That’s exactly another point I was thinking of
Well said

2 Likes

Hey devs!!!
Everyone is getting copies of guardian troops from guild chests after meeting reqs to not get them
I guess that means u are going to go in fix immediately and replace their lost keys???
Lmao

1 Like

Google translate for those of us in the unwashed masses:
Why not adjust the data of these exploited players to the state they did not exploit the vulnerability as a penalty?

This is just wrong. Penalising entire guilds for an indiscretion by a solitary individual based entirely on whether or not the exploit was cashed in is completely unjust. Is this an attempt to humiliate and scapegoat the individual by hitting his entire guild and thus moving the problem elsewhere? The opportunity was entirely created by devs incompetence and the response is to alienate entire guilds because one player may have grabbed the opportunity like a piss head grabs a curry. I am not excusing the indiscretion but you cannot hand out a sentence based on the amount of mopping up you have to do as a consequence of your error. At least have the guts to own it.

1 Like

Here are my current thoughts on the situation.

I suspect the reasoning behind banning those who spent gems and not all who exploited is due to manpower and man hours. I don’t see the devs approving any appeals. Why? It’s a fantastic financially smart move to ban a certain percentage of the player base. Those players will more than likely start a new account. They will spend more money - the same amount they spent on their banned account? Likely. Maybe even more money? Maybe.

This reduces the devs man hours to restore accounts. No need for them to work hard to repair their mistake and the mistake (intended or not) of the players. It’s a win-win for them.

Did you notice gems are on sale in the game store today? :wink:

2 Likes

And once u notice the bug u should report it . It’s called being a good player and good person. I’m glad to call u my guildie . U did the right thing. U even stopped playing and reported it to the devs . More players should be like u NOTA :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If I spent all day reporting bugs I wouldn’t have time to play. Most companies have in house quality control and take responsibility for the product they deliver. That’s not the case here.

3 Likes

My problem with this whole issue is the lack of consistency on the part of the Devs in their response to it.

*to those that were banned for exploiting it too heavily:
You broke the rules far and away more then we like therefore you are banned

*To those that broke the rules but just not as bad:
You broke the rules but not as bad as those other guys so we are going to just take back the stuff and pray to the unicorn gods that you know you did bad and won’t do it again.

*To those that cheated and colluded in the past resulting in unfair gameplay and loss of rewards to those not cheating and colluding:
OH, we never said that was explicitly wrong so we are just going to pretend it didn’t happen.

Its complete crap that anyone was banned for this mailbox exploit, this is by far not as egregious as the guild wars collusion incidents that occurred which had real impact on players and adversely affected the game for those that were not cheating. This incident would take some work on the part of the Devs to fix it but since the Dev’s created the exploit in the first place then that is on them.

As stated previously, if the Dev’s are going to start banning people then so be it… but be consistent in your reactions as you look like spoiled children having a tantrum right about now.

To those that exploited the mailbox bug, sucks to be you but you knew when you were doing it that it was wrong and almost certainly knew it would be reversed at the very least.

To those that are in guilds with guild wars being adversely affected by having members banned, well, blame your members for that as they exploited the game.

3 Likes

Several times I reported to a player who 100% sure knew he was cheating. his answer with nice words was that he stopped bothering
if they do not help me when something hurts me because I’m going to help them with something that benefits me
I will continue without informing of any error that I see because I know I will not receive a thank you

This week there have been glitches and bad decisions of implementations of events
1- mailbox gem glitch
2- people receiving guild guardians from chests
3- battle crashers in guild wars week
4- battle crashers being a color not of event stone color
5- bounty being against troops with double event boost
6*- isn’t it supposed to be vault weekend? (* due to the fact it seems there is no official rotation, unless I’ve just lost track, this one could be me)

Which one has been addressed? The one that affects the bottom line of their profit
I’m not saying those guilty don’t deserve some form of action taken, but we can plainly see the motivation and intention when compared to my point in this post and others making equivalent comparisons

2 Likes

Don’t forget the 50k trophy deduction from guilds of those deemed “most guilty”. It’s a disgrace. I will never ever spend anything on this shower of [edit: Lyya] butterflies.

1 Like

Great decision! Cheating isn’t acceptable at all.

3 Likes

I’m concerned about the removal of trophies. That’s not remotely related to the exploit nor the individual gamer that exploited it.

If 50k trophies were indeed removed, directly bc of this mail absurdity, my firm stance is that that’s a crock of s***.

2 Likes

This thread is very funny.people trying to justify exploiting a bug.Thats like a junkie trying to justify their drug use. Lol

4 Likes

I wanted to respond to all the people who said “just roll back the changes”.

If this were any week but GW week, that’s easy. Few things in the game have serious lasting consequences, and you can indeed just roll everything back. This has happened in the past (this is not the first time the game has experienced a widely exploited mail replication bug), and the top offenders were indeed rolled back.

However, imagine this scenario. You spend 70k ill-gotten gems, got a handful of mythics, and use that to gain an unfair advantage in GW. GW results are not reversible; they are set in stone (they have to be; otherwise players will find ways to exploit that). That means that there is no rolling back of the unfair advantage given in GW.

That is why it is very hard to undo the damage in this situation, for people who have already spent the gems. Sure, the devs can roll back those accounts. But there will still be irreversible damage as described above. Players in legit guilds will still have suffered. Banning, to me, represents “we acknowledge that this has caused harm; we cannot rectify it, but we can do the next best thing and shut them out of the rest of GW this week”.

Just my humble opinion.

11 Likes