Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse šŸ”„)

I guess itā€™s time to lock this thread. Itā€™s just annoying and Kindergarten-discussion now.

1 Like

This is nothing like what has happenedā€¦

A better analogy would be:
The bank accidentally transfers you 10.000 of your countryā€™s currency to your personal bank account. You KNOW itā€™s because of a mistake, but there it is, and you actually do believe that you might just get away with it.

In both instances I see no individual/client guilt.

The fault as I see it lies EXCLUSIVE on the entity or company that made a mistake. Thus, I believe the maximum extent of their rectifying process is to plain and simple recover the wrongfully placed funds back to their original location and that is it.

Oh, and for the inconveniences the company has caused on the user, there should also be some kind of small compensation.

[thanks for reading up to this my final line, in which I say that I speak from personal experience as work for a major worldwide credit card company and this is how business is conducted there.]

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a critial bug in a large business, which caused SOME customers to abuse this, resulting in thousands of free items, thus reducing the businessā€™ profits massively.

Clearly that isnā€™t okā€¦

1 Like

I think we are mixing up a few topics in this thread.

1. Cheating by exploit. Those who took advantage of the exploit are cheaters. I have read all the " but the dog ate my homework" excuses and lessons in verbal gymnastics. This reminds me of Bill Clinton trying to define what ā€œisā€ is. You did it, you got caught, nuff said.

2. Equal punishment for the crime. The crime was in gaming the exploit, not in spending the gems. All the cheaters should have caught a perma-ban.

3. Devs not being able to program. Itā€™s a free game, they have a small office pool of help, and nothing is perfect. Mistakes will happen. I donā€™t think anyone of us believe they do this on purpose because every one of these SNAFUā€™s causes them players, money, and reputation.

4. Transparency. Lord yes, could we please be more transparent!

5. Consistency. Any parent or boss can tell you the rules need to be clear, and punishments need to be equal.

5 Likes

This is nothing like what has happenedā€¦
(this is what I wanted to quote)

äøŗ什么äøå°†čæ™äŗ›åˆ©ē”Øę¼ę“žēš„ēŽ©å®¶ēš„ę•°ę®č°ƒę•“åˆ°ä»–ä»¬ę²”ęœ‰åˆ©ē”Øę¼ę“žä¹‹å‰ēš„ēŠ¶ę€ä½œäøŗꃩē½šļ¼Ÿ

2 Likes

This a very legitimate thread
Are those who implemented the mistake being affected? If weā€™re talking about punishing only players who exploited it, then itā€™s wrong
Accountability should fall more heavily on those involved in causing the issue

There has been no statement ever, saying ā€œwe have made a mistake and to prevent future mistakes, we will be hiring testers/test it ourselves thoroughly before implementation, or have replaced the person who has made too many mistakesā€
Sorry, but I wouldā€™ve been fired from my job 50 times by now, and I think if weā€™re going to talk about punishment, both sides or none should be affected, otherwise this just has the appearance of a one sided move based on the financial motivations of those in control, as opposed to we care about the advantage the exploit have over other players

Iā€™m done with this topic now, Iā€™ve said all that needs to be said

1 Like

Now, many retroactively condemn exploitation. refusing to accept that before the publication of the error it is not clear whether it is a bug. If tomorrow bicolor stones start falling out on each expedition, after which fight will you stop playing?

Disputing the developerā€™s decisions is fine; personal attacks against them or other forumgoers are not. Edited the post. Folks, please try to remain civil here.

7 Likes

Or will you stop if a myth begins to fall out in each set of 50 diamond keys?

really why so many fan boys and girls here

how this different from what I said about what you are

I am not comparing this to real life. Itā€™s only a game. However, some other people do.
Read some of the comments above.

Thereā€™s simply nothing excusable about this.
Thereā€™s no need to be vengeful as well, wishing bad upon the developers, etc.

If those people are already end-game players, why would they need to perform such an act?
It changes nothing for them in the long run, except for the extra supply of (Black Market) Gems.
Still, thatā€™s not a valid excuse to permit, endorse or tolerate such practices.

I am not sure what VIP Level are you, 0 or 20, I would treat anyone just the same, but from reading the comments, I suspect or fear that this not be the case for everyone, which is very sad if it turns out to be true.

You know what they say: ā€œWhen money talks, bullsh*t walks.ā€

1 Like

What i think on the matter:

• They exploited a bug. This was clearly a bug, and they tried to cheat the system. Simple as that. A sanction was deserved. The fact this is a bug, made by a dev is absolutely not an excuse to steal something (yes, this is stealing in essence, even if this is an uncorporeal bit of data).
  • I agree on AWRyan on one point. There were big time cheating in last month GW. Clearly, some guilds did strangely well and we have been steamrolled with our best defenses by these former average guilds. It feels like the reaction has been quite different in both cases, with no ban, while they were also actively exploiting the game. I do not see consistency.
6 Likes

look I donā€™t think anyone who got banned needs any of you talking about morality of what happened plain and simple is they broke no rules you canā€™t just wait till something happens the make a rule that too is illegal all anyone did was open mail no glitches or tricks just open your mail as far as know no rule against that the developerā€™s have done far more damage with the bans than some free gems did it was solely the developers fault never seen anything like this in a game before but itā€™s definitely not a cheat or a glitch itā€™s just not itā€™s the single biggest mistake iā€™ve ever seen in a game

Agreed, Guilds are 2nd to Health of the over all Game. Guild Leaders should have warned against such doingsā€¦ that is if the players are so damb stupid to think itā€™s okā€¦ Too bad, Kudos to our Devs.

1 Like

Iā€™m level 11 VIP I donā€™t know what Iā€™ve spent but itā€™s pretty good bit and hate to tell people this but without VIP there is no game simple they are making a lot of money from this game as simple as it is and as long as it has been out should be a better product and should not attack CUSTOMERS for THEIR MISTAKE

It can not be theft. Itā€™s impossible to steal something in a house and stay in that house. From the game you can not withdraw something. Everything is inside the game. If a mistake was made, then you just need to fix it. What kind of theft are you talking about? Such phrases are oscilatory.

2 Likes

but they didnā€™t warn that should have been what happened now a warning

Well it seems that at least one person in my guild has exploited the mailing error. They have received a ban as expected. I now find out we have just been docked 50000 trophies as a guild. How is that fair when we didnā€™t exploit it similarly or collectively. Your mistake resulted in stupidity by one of us and so you punish us as a collective. Thats just totally wrong. You are projecting YOUR error on 29 innocent players. I am done with it unless you reinstate our trophies or give a lucid explanation why itā€™s valid. Disgusting.

2 Likes