Giving away account: allowed or not?

If a player stops playing, does the game agreement allow the giving away of account credentials to another player?

@Cyrup @Saltypatra

1 Like

Yes. They just can’t sell it or trade in for goods or services. In other words, it has to be for free.

Thx for the reply Ryan.
Is that explicitly written in the game contract or, at least, not explicitly forbidden?

I’m pretty sure it’s explicitly written in the terms of service, but I’d read them to be sure.

But there’s no way to police it in either case, so a hand-me-down account poses no risk to you as long as you don’t mess with game code or something.

The forbidden is written. So it’s safe to assume the alternative.

Great, thx again

1 Like

I did it myself. Gave my account to my nephew while I took a break for six weeks. Kafka knew about it; no problems giving it away or taking it back.

2 Likes

We have no issues with you passing on your account to friends or family as long as no money exchanges hands. However, selling your account is not allowed. If you are found to be selling your account it will be banned.

I was kinda curious about that, and how your nephew ended up in “not best friend” guild.

I’m not selling but.

That’s a blanket no sell statement.

Is that rule in line with all platforms and localities you deal business with?

Personally, I’d think someone who’d pay for an account would also pay to support the game.

Because time heals all (most) wounds. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thx for the reply!

So, if no money is involved, you can give your account to anyone, even to a starting player?

Paying for an account opens the door to scams and con artists (sell an account, take it back, sell it again). While none of that would be the devs’ problem, strictly speaking, they could end up getting dragged into it and it’s just not worth it.

This policy gives them protection against that: account was sold? Ban it. No shenanigans now!

Quoting myself @Saltypatra @Cyrup

1 Like

Hi @Saltypatra and @Cyrup, reading the game agreement I’ve found these lines:

“Publisher does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void.”

That seems to be at the opposite of your reply, can you please make it clear if account transfer is allowed (to whoever, not only friends or family) or not?

2 Likes

How would they even know if you gave your account to someone else?

2 Likes

I agree with you that it’s very hard to find out (close to impossible), but I need to know if, by the rules, that is allowed or not

Salty already told you that it was okay. So why you’re still tagging and asking devs is weird.
If you don’t want to accept an account. Or give an account a way. Just don’t do it then.
Otherwise…

That’s consent. ^^^^

How would they even know you sell it to someone else?

And this is not:
“Publisher does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void.”

So, until I get an explanation on which is the good one, I will keep asking, because one is a reply given on the forum (yes, you can) and one is inside the game agreement (no, you can’t).

That said, I know very well that there are things that, even if forbidden, are quite impossible to find out, but for those who want to play following all rules, this point needs to be clear.

1 Like