Ghulvania Power level

OH I see, sorry!

Ah yeah, it’s common for an advertising company to serve in app ads, which is what we’ve done also (we’re not a marketing company so let them handle that :slight_smile: )

Otherwise, some of the game art is done externally, although we do have our own art team as well, it takes a few people to push out new content every week.

None of the programming is contracted out, that’s all done internally. We have expanded our team, and are literally right now still growing but we are still a small team, the entire company is still less than 30 people and obviously, some of those people are like myself, working on CX or other areas not necessarily directly related to the development of the game - ie like the actual coding and design. It takes a suprising amount of work to develop a game like Gems of War (or I guess, not surprising, depending on your background haha).

Basically, although the company is small and probably last time someone asked me, we had like 20 staff. I’ve lost count at this point and I can’t do a head count as we’re still not back in the office :scream: we have a larger team on Gems of War than we did before PQ3 development or covid started.

Which is great because we can address more things, but at the same time… it’s still a stretch, especially right now as when I mention the Guild mail issue, which is a small issue on the surface, it’s a large one on the back end.

Which honestly is entirely normal for games that start inching towards being a decade old. Before starting at IP2 one of the games I worked for had to be rewritten from scratch because the code was so outdated, while said game was still in live service development.

THANKFULLY, we’re not in that position at GoW, a stitch in time saves 9 and all of that but this Guild mail issue is one of those stitches in time which will eventually save us from that sort of drastic measure. One of the costs of that is, we have no time for anything else while that and the next update are addressed.

We’ve also been upgrading and improving server performance (if you notice some hiccups I’m afraid it’s all been part of the process sorry! The outcome will be worth it though).

Hopefully this gives some insight into where some of that Dev time is going and what else we have going on behind the scenes :slight_smile:

I do like sharing this information and we have started a monthly community update blog on PQ3, I will let 505 experiment with that blog and then take lessons learnt there to see if that’s something that would be good for Gems of War as well (seems like it would be a win for our communication).

15 Likes