Ghosted Val Raven not giving Sigils

I Killed Val Raven in the Raid event. It “ghosted”, so was dead but still displayed. I did NOT get my 2 additional Sigils at the end of the battle after winning.

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

Platform, device version and operating system:

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

3 Likes

I had the same thing at a Delve event. I did reported in the Know issues thread, i hope they give some extra attention to this for a fix.

1 Like

Dead ghosted troops have been a know bug for years. Unfortunately now with the way Val Ravens are coded this bug limits the player ability to progress 2 additional battles as a “Reward”.

I hope they fix this………

Hi @Strat

The team put in a small fix for one variant of this issue awhile back, but it seems the issue has a different cause at this stage.

Can you please provide some more details:

1. Do you remember who was on your Team and who was on the enemy team?
  2. Do you know what may have killed the enemy originally?
  3. Were there any Doomskulls on the board when the Raven was supposed to be killed?
  4. Please describe your internet: e.g. Ethernet, WiFi
  5. What platform are you playing on?
  6. Do you have any screenshots/videos?
1 Like
  1. Yes but is so awesome, I don’t want to post it publicly;)
  2. 2 I think.
  3. No.
  4. Hard Wired (of course), and great.
  5. Xbox One X. Running production version (I’m not in the preview program)
  6. Yes. I’ll PM both of them. Val Raven dead but un-selectable, and the post reward screen.
1 Like

Same thing happened to me in the delve event. Raven was on first position and was ghosted with 2 hp left. The raven was killed thanks to some skulls after an explode spells. It may had been doomskulls.

The second team was also killed by skulls. Third and forth units were killed by Yao Guai. At the end I didn’t got my 2 sigils. For delves this is insanely horrible since the ravens are so rare and those 2 extra sigils really mean a lot.

For your questions, it may help:

1. My team: Jar of Eyes (this caused the explosion and skulls that killed the raven) / Azura / Yao Guai / Queen Mab;
  2. Skulls that dropped after explosion;
  3. Yes, I had some doomskulls but I am not sure if there was a doomskull involved in the killing damage;
  4. Mobile internet 4G, no connectivity issues, full signal;
  5. Android (Huawei P10 Mate Pro)
  6. No, when I realized what happened it was too late. I can provide details for you to find the specific game in case you do save them internally.
2 Likes

Thank you, I have made a note of these points for the QA report.

The team put in a fix for this that goes into the next update, but it has not been tested or verified as working yet (this is more just to let you know that we’re looking into it)

1 Like