Getting tired of Valkyrie

They already increased the soul cap with this update 2.1. Not that you’d know that.

I mean, it would depend on just how high they raised the souls per kill. I was envisioning a match where you get maybe 40 souls for no Valk on your team but 80 with Valk on your team, so she would still be useful, but not quite as necessary as she used to be.

Oh, sorry, I havent been keeping up with the PC update enough. Please dont whip me again

1 Like

Again, 1 Valkyrie for each of the 6 colors doesn’t solve the problem. It just means you feel obligated to use 1 of 6 instead of 1 of 1. You should never feel obligated to use a specific troop.

3 Likes

Can you explain? I just checked Sirrian’s 2.1 update post and there was no mention of the soul cap changing.

I don’t remember seeing it either, but before 2.1 I could only cap out at 90 souls per match, now i’m getting 130-140.The purple guild statue gives you a souls bonus. Also with the new guild leagues, there are new bonuses.

VIP bonus?

I’m pretty sure I can get up to 130-140 with Celestial armor and high difficulty (W3/W4). 110 is my usual max with Dragon Armor and W4.

Not for me no. I’m only Vip 5.

What’s your vip level? Ohh I see you’re talking about warlord levels. No I’m talking about plain normal pvp matches.

VIP 2. 10 characters.

Yeah I’m just talking about pvp matches no warlord levels at all.

So 40 cap, with a 100% armor bonus should get you to 80. Have the devs actually said anything about a change to the soul cap or might this be a bug like we still have on console?

On console we still get Warlord IV bonuses in PVP, although I believe this is being changed in the next patch (sadly)

Yeah I’m very familiar with that, it’s a glitch on console.

You don’t have any info on if they increased it or not? I just assumed it was normal, but I don’t remember them mentioning an increase in soul cap. I can say with 100% certainty that i’m getting way more though. Isn’t it the purple statue bonus?

I searched the forum for “soul cap” and the most recent relevant discussion I can find is from the end of May when PC got the PVP adjustment that we’re still waiting for on console. At that time, Sirrian said there was no change to the soul cap and if there was, it would have been announced in the update thread. I assume that would still hold.

Again, that is a 3 month old comment, but should still apply.

Could be. They didn’t indicate whether or not the purple statue bonus was pre- or post-cap. I definitely also see an increase, so I’m tempted to say the bonus is post-cap.

2 Likes

Not my best, but just an example that there’s definitely a soul cap increase above the old 90 cap level. (VIP4)

I am not far off from you and also end up using val about the same amount of time if not more. Yes, I could choose not to use her but the difference in the amount of souls I get is very noticeable so I inevitably always go back to using her.