Get Ready to Rumble!

Originally published at: Get Ready to Rumble! – Gems of War

New Epic Troop: Corrupt Troll

The Corrupt Troll will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Legendary Troop: Gruz the Undefeated

Gruz the Undefeated will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make his way to Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in the usual 3-4 weeks.

1 Like

first maybe?

1 Like

Gruz is interesting, but I think there are better options for the long game strategy. If he boosted off of bleed stacks or curse, I think it would be better. Heck, a chance to auto kill based on bleed stacks could be cool. I like the look and idea, but I think it could use a better execution.

1 Like

That’s a sad 3rd trait

I think it would have been awesome if it just completely refilled anytime anyone died.

Bye-bye, spider-spam and JoE…

I can’t believe this is still a thing. When has it EVER been 3 weeks? NEVER! It’s always 4 weeks.

2 Likes

Spent around 250 Event Keys to pull a Gruz. There goes my stash :pensive:.

I’m drawing a blank on what JoE could mean.

Jar of Eyes

1 Like

Oh duh, thanks!

JoE, EoE, DB, L&D, VoO, ToD, GtU…
We really need a thread or page that dedicates to GoW abbreviations (even the game title is abbreviated!) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What…what is GtU…

1 Like

7 Magnuses
4 Psions
1 Possessed King

All before pulling a single Gruz.

A glorious taste of the future to come. :tired_face:

5 Likes

We all burning thru keys and the legendary is (imo) designed to be a weak troop.

I am skipping him lol

1 Like

150 event keys for 1 copy here. Anyone got him in their first 50 or so?

I got 1 in both 50-key shots at TPK I took, so I now have 2 Gruz’s I didn’t really want XD.

And I also got a Psion and a Magnus.

Not bad. :ok_hand:

1 Like

You think so?

My hopes that they would buff Gruz, a cool-looking troop (well, except for that inflated scythe), before release are dashed. (I was hoping for at least splash damage, or inflicting the curse+bleed on all enemies,.) With that third trait, it seems intended to be a turn-ender, particularly on skull-looping teams.

But a spell that has no board control, real damage, or enemy debuffs doesn’t seem to have any spot in the meta. Aimable curse is interesting, but won’t help you against the powerful stealthy troops out there dominating the game. Gruz sadly seems like a lesser version of Sledgepaw in many respects.