Get Ready to Rumble!

I think if he was castable over and over he could have been useful — I’m thinking of him as a Shadowblade that could have been boosted by Champion of Gaard and/or Holy St. Astra.

I was thinking that, if a spider could be one-shot and then the spell was instantly reusable, then spiders would have to spawn at a rate of more than 1 per round or else Gruz would, inevitably, be able to reliably clear all the spawns without making more show up (like AoE damage does).

But you’re probably right—he’s just not good enough to even really consider for inclusion in the META, because he just needs too much help to be worth anything and doesn’t help with board manipulation at all.

Not to mention being limited to mono-type human.

On a separate could-have-been-cool note: I think it would have been really interesting for him to, upon death, kill a random enemy. Give the “Undefeated” name some meaning (because no one would win on a 1-on-1, but could only ever draw). Then the 8 mana back could just have been a standard part of his spell—cast once, never be below 8 mana again :+1:

But I’m not in charge, so no new (potentially really annoying) META defense mechanic for us :joy:

1 Like

I got the legendary 1st try :slight_smile:

Not a bad troop to pair with High King Irongut in delves when Vash’Dagon isn’t available. (red/yellow). If you’re going to get a free devour, may as well refill portions of Gruz’s mana.

Would it refill Gruz, though, since Vash devours an ally rather than an enemy?

:stuck_out_tongue::wave:

(HKI + Vash, HKI + Gruz, for Curse)

1 Like

Thanks, man — I see the train of thought now! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

True, if you really need the curse. Then you can cast Gruz again, I guess?

It still seems better to use Sledgepaw or The Maraji Queen over such a limited troop.

Sledgepaw only curses the first enemy troop. If you run into a Leviathan hiding in the back or want to target a certain dwarf, its not ideal.

The Maraji Queen turns green into Doomskull, which also isn’t ideal if the board is set to give the AI Doomskulls against you.

I used to love Glutmaw in delves, but obviously its nice not to have to run a completely mana blocked 4th troop

2 Likes

Anyone using Gruz in the class event? Darkstone is a pretty sorry kingdom, so I could see him there to make life easier for Magnus to inflict status effects.

1 Like