Gems of War: The PVP trophy dilemma

@turintuor
um sure devs will have a better idea but here is an example:

every guild can invade in war 2 times a day and get 1-2k trophies per guild victory, thats extra 14-28k trophies per week,
per 1 guild invade every member can fight 3-6 times (getting extra 1-3 trophies from it counting as a pvp match) … so for a week of participating in war a member will do 42-84 fights which grants extra 42-252 trophies per member … 30 x 42 to 252 = 1260 to 7560 plus the victory trophies of 14k to 28k
in the end whole week of war granting maximum of 16.260 to 35.560 trophies a week
with current weekly trophy change (from this topic) (this table) stating top guild does 25k to 40k weekly trophies at most with an extra 16k to 35k things could shaken up more into war and less into pvp alone

but thats just one system i made up based on another game, im sure devs have their own better idea

other thing they could do is make the guild ranking reset monthly (and remake guild statistics growth to be dependant on statues alone, not trophies) then the leaderboard would be reflecting only the current guild vs guild pvp competition and not whole gow lifetime of effort of growing guild - which means the pressure towards trophy on most of non pvp, casual, and even many of the ‘just below the top’ guilds would be reduced , recruitment requirements would change as well

or they could even simply add a different type of guild war trophies and base a new leaderboard on it and depending on its rewards whole guild meta could switch to wanting to be in the guild war leaderboard instead, it could even affect recruiting and so on leaving the original trophy leaderboard as an irrelevant remnant of the past (coz lets face is, some bonus gold is not huge deal, its just the only way to show how good is the guild atm but if we get new ways to check, something that shows more the current state of guild sstrength not an overall,it might work who knows?)

of course none of this will change the pressure of top #3 guilds competing for top #1 but i think many of top #20-#50 will already breathe with less pvp pressure (outside of war which is just few fights a day) not to mention a lot of guilds that are below the top

there is a lot of ways for devs to do it, i hope they will choose something that indeed lessens the pvp pressure a bit :slight_smile:
(i really hope they will give some leaderboard that resets coz i find a never reseting leaderboard really unfair. its not a players fault they joined one year later but hey the distance to make is wider and wider… really unfair :disappointed:)

2 Likes