Gems of War Database - updated troops list and much more!

Done. Table now shows effect kingdom:

Pet shows it as well:

4 Likes

Hi @Lyya

Would it be possible to implement a dark theme, please?
This bright white background burns out my eyes when checking the collection.

Cheers!

Hi njung,

Yes I can add a dark theme. Stay tuned!

Lyya

1 Like

Okay, I’ve added a dark theme to my site. You can enable it via:

https://gowdb.com/account/

Here is what the home page looks like in dark theme:

6 Likes

Thank you for adding a dark theme, but how do you get the dark theme setting to stay? I went into my account page and turned on the dark theme, but as soon as I go anywhere else on the site, it goes back to white. Hitting the Update button below the dark theme setting did not save the setting.

It should persist (or at least it does for my accounts, tried both Chrome and Edge, and iOS/Safari). Which browser are you using? If you’d like to PM me your account, I can also troubleshoot on my end.

Lyya

hey @Lyya

it looks like this for me on win10 / firefox:

update:

It only looks white when the checklist panel does not fit on the screen.
If I put my browser to full screen then it looks fine:

I logged on to GowDB this morning and the dark theme is there now, yay! Maybe it was just slow saving my setting. But all is good now. Thank you for offering to help though, greatly appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

I ran into the same problem, but a refresh of the new page I was on without the dark theme resolved that issue for me.

@njung, I have fixed the flyout version of the checklist panel, please check it again.

looks neat, thank you! :slight_smile:

Small problem with the ‘Ogress’ troop: she’s missing her boost ratio. Thanks!

@Lyya one request if I may: when the page is not wide enough the minimum width of the margin on the left side should be smaller so it would fit better than this:

Hi @Lyya, I get 500 server error, when going to my collection page on [http://gowdb.com/ ]. Possibly others do too, I thought you should know.

As @Lyya stated somewhere earlier, with each game update, she needs to make some fixing for gowdb to work properly. So collection is not working properly for everyone until fixed by Lyya…

Should be fixed, thanks for the heads up y’all :heart:

2 Likes

So I am either derping big time or there’s no way to build teams on gowdb anymore? When I click on the image of a troop it just brings me to the overall troop page; nothing about adding them to a team.

(It’s probably the former)

Yes, I’ve removed the functionality for this. The feature saw almost no use in practice. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If I may ask, how was the feature useful/used by you?

Lyya

No idea tbh - I only just discovered the site a couple days ago and read the introductory post here only yesterday.

I’m very new to GoW, only level 100.

Knowing it’s disabled is more than enough to solve the mystery though, and I certainly wouldn’t expect you to reactivate it on my account.

Thank you for the response!

@Lyya new release, new 500 server error :slight_smile: