Gems of War Database - updated troops list and much more!

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation @Lyya.
On another note, the collection site is not working currently. Probably has to do with the new updates.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve fixed the site – should be working again.

Lyya

6 Likes

Hey, Lyya!

Thanks for keeping gowdb going!

I’ve been using the API and noticed that the ‘troop role’ property seems to be missing from the JSON dumps, any chance you could add that?

Thanks!

Hey sls,

Yes, I can add this – should be able to get to this next week for you.

Lyya

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

@Lyya Would it be possible to alter the troop role filter to allow for multiple selections (so that we can match whatever the event parameters happen to be)?

I already figured out I can filter multiple colors like using (wind|water) but have not found a way to do so for troop roles. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Lyya, I get 500 server error, when going to my collection page on [http://gowdb.com/]. Possibly others do too, I thought you should know.

1 Like

yes, same here

Sorry everyone, it’s been fixed.

Could you please:

1. fix banners and shields for factions (I see now only stubs for “Amanithrax”, “City of Thieves”, “Dark Pits” and others);
  2. add link to faction weapon within faction;
  3. fix factions’ pets: for example, Eye Pod ( Eye Pod - Pets - Gems of War Database ) text must be “Team Bonus (All-Seeing Eye)”.
1 Like

Hello! I am a Nintendo Switch player and have really got a lot out of the hard work put into building and maintaining the database, thank you!

Is the database no longer supported for Nintendo switch players?

Whoops, no, that’s just a bug :frowning: Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Edit: fixed!

1 Like

I’d like to remind that factions without banners (with stubs like “Banner” instead of a picture) spoil some quiz questions - when you cannot see a banner, you just have to guess blindly. Too many factions have this bug for now, looks like it began since Primal Rift (November 2018).

Thanks for adding roles, only just noticed yesterday!

Two minor issues I’ve noticed:
‘Daemon Gnome’ is absent from the website as well as the API.
‘Watch Mother’ is using her troop id in her spell description.

I didn’t know anyone actually used the quiz — lol. I can fix the banners over the weekend. Sorry, the game art isn’t automagic and requires me to do work to update, so it frequently lags behind the data.

1 Like

Okay, I’ve updated the assets. I’ve also taken a look for anything in the data that would link the “faction weapon” to the faction, but that doesn’t seem to be a programmatic construct so I’m not sure how best to do what you are requesting. The weapons are all associated with the main kingdoms, not the factions; the factions themselves link back to the main kingdoms via “sister kingdoms,” but there’s nothing that establishes any one weapon as a standout for that kingdom. I’ll keep looking to see if I can find a way to do what you wish.

1 Like

Nice to see all those banners, that’s great. Only pets have problems now, as I can see.

About weapon: I list all of them in my topic about delves for now.

Pet cards have been fixed. Still mulling a solution for faction weapons.

Cool. I’d like to see correct bonuses for them also. Not “Kingdom Team Bonus (Wild Plains)”, but “Kingdom Team Bonus (The Labyrinth)” for Dinotaur.