Gems of Streaming

Thanks. I think I got these already as either paraphrases or direct quotes.

Kudos for that. Want me to merge these with the summary for the megathread?

1 Like

I only need Deeds and Nysha Tokens so something tells me my niche peer group will be left out of actual “reward offers”.

1 Like

I saw the resource tab, but nothing in the shop can be bought for gold or souls, right? I figured they might be making things formally purchasable for glory purchasable only for gems (money)

Glad I misread/misunderstood, though! Buying the weekly troop with glory and getting the new content on Monday is the highlight of most of my gems weeks.

2 Likes

Feel free to.

1 Like

This…

Sounds Tower defense like. :astonished:
… It would actually make Home Kingdoms matter again.
Actually not a horrible idea. :thinking:
But won’t be easy to implement. Makes sense that the would want everything to be set up right for it before even the smallest reveal.
(Just a theory at this point.)

I noticed in the screenshots, that’s a clever touch. New players beware!

It seems the offering for those missing troops will be keys, not crafting resources. Unless there’s a real discount involved, that’s probably not going to get many gems from players.

Hard to say. Tacet tried to get clarification on just how far or personalized the system goes and more or less got a “can’t reveal the secret sauce” answer.

Deeds, I think, are fair game for the new system. Nysha tokens… maybe? If so, I would surely think it would be locked behind the VIP 6+ offer paywall as an incentive for players to strive past VIP key access. Salty did say the whole system is very much a flexible thing (like World Events) and would be changing to add new things in the future based on transactional data received. So, if there is a market for it… subject to publisher approval and pricing if and when that happens, of course.

3 Likes

Perhaps Deathknight armor available for gems instead of cash for vip 6 and above.
For the players (possibly like me) who started when there was no incentive to go past level 1000. So the extra XP didn’t seem to be worth it. And have since spent thousands already on the game. Too much to justify a $50 purchase that is most valuable to brand new accounts.
Just an idea @Saltypatra. :grinning:

2 Likes

Even if they did put nysha tokens or deeds in the offers I shudder to think what the price would be. Imperial deeds and nysha tokens probably $30 each.

I think in that section all items are attainable with gems.

How many gems would you be willing to pay for a nysha token?

Given the amount of devs who check this thread.
My answer to your question is 1 gem.

I’m not going to potentially outbid the price I have in my head. Lol

Glory however, I’ll happily go 6 figures for a Nysha token though.

But it sounds like they only want gems in that section of 4.9 the Monetization update. :wink:

1 Like

I wouldn’t pay for one token. I would be too skeptical that nysha drop rates are being throttled to sell tokens.

3 Likes

This discussion highlights how the token/medal system has been a bit of a disappointment. It could have been an equalizer for midgamers, granting stats to the players who actually need to do explore for the traitstones. Instead, they only serve to widen the gap between endgame players and newer ones.

The stream only showed off a very small portion of the system, that was looking at a complete newbie account. Salty mentioned that their were different different tiers of offers based on an account’s progression, but absolutely wouldn’t discuss any details on the matter as they were not finalized for 4.9 yet.

We’ll have to see what the actual offers at launch really are. For most (especially non-endgamers), there’s probably going to be some offers that are going to be intentionally designed to drain gem reserve accounts.

If the offer was just keys, then they would have be priced cheaper than standard multipulls. For specific troops, summoning stones already exist for the low and mid-rarities, and diamonds exist for legendaries and mythics. No real reason here to re-invent the wheel, when it isn’t needed.

1 Like

There’s no reason to reinvent the wheel, but Gems of War does it frequently. Enough so that its never really off the table.

I think it would have to be a lot cheaper. Veterans know that the expected value for, say, 10 gem keys is a lot, lot less than 95 gems for them.

I guarantee you mostly the offers will be traitstones and other useless stuff whether you are endgame or not. Happy to be proved wrong though.

1 Like

I hope in 4.9 update we’ll see the correct picture for Shahbanu Vespera’s spell. Now it’s identical to Mistralus’ spell pic.

Make sure you have your account registered.
Then uninstall and reinstall Gems of War.
What you have is an asset issue that can fixed without waiting for an update.

5 Likes