Gems of Streaming

Three sigils costs, what, 200 gems at Tier VII in Faction Assaults? That gets you 1.5 runs through, with the lowest allowed stat boost. It would rightly be called a naked gem grab if this were the solution to high-level Delves. Spending 2000 gems to reach level 500 with boosted stats (more if you need to switch to boosted stats before the end) is not what most people wanted, so I am glad this isn’t the route the devs are going.

1 Like

That’s hilarious because that’s what people are doing right now to beat them. :grinning:
So hate to break it to you. But that’s the only route they’ve taken so far.
(My idea is to try and save those folks some gems.)

My understanding is that sigil boosting will be available in any event where sigils are purchasable in an event shop EXCEPT delves. So, no boosting to clear level 500 delves.

1 Like

Some kind of hero boost? Is nobody else concerned by this? It’s the faction only team that we can’t complete at 500 that needs attention.

1 Like

He also mentioned perhaps giving us some additional bonuses for Faction-only teams that the AI won’t have access to (I guess that’s the “Other boosts planned?” part, maybe?); I’ll see if I can rewatch a bit later (the hero/ine part was kinda confusing for me).

For the delves part, they said it is clearable, while not as easy as some would like, for 500 normal.

What they want to focus on, is pure faction, and maybe add Hero to be available in pure faction teams.

Also want to give us a boost that AI wont get, so possibly all hoard counts for all delves, at a lower rate than 1:1 for the other delves could be something they do.

So like 200 hoard on 1 faction gives that bonus to that 1, but a lower rate to all other factions.

3 Likes

They also want to give people a reason to play treasure maps.

What if X00 moves in treasure hunt corresponded to a hoard level in a faction?

:face_vomiting: (Emojis don’t count towards the ten character limit?)

No but they count as a major feature rimshot

I assumed that was more along the lines of faction event potion type effects and less to do with stats.

:scream::worried:

Press the update button :star_struck:

Issue is with potions, they would have to then add a shop style system into delves normally outside of the daily events. This would be seen as a major cash grab by like 99.9% of the players which is likely to make the devs reconsider doing it.

Its 1 thing for events where its added to the existing shop mechanic as a bonus, its another to say well you wanna do your daily delves, buy these extra

It doesn’t have to be a cash grab.

It could be as easy as pay 1,000 shards and get a permanent boost to start that faction’s delves with a barrier active for all allied troops, or pay 5,000 souls to start a match with blessed.

Other games have in-game permanent boosts to roguelike runs. Wouldn’t be much different here.

1 Like

Boy I bet this week’s stream will be interesting.

(Actually the best protest would probably be to stay out of the stream. If they’re judged by viewer count, then even angry viewers are money.)

That’s not ominous and scary at all.

And it’s not like we run the streams to preview content and engage with our community. (We don’t make any significant amount of money from the stream, and anything we do make goes into the stream itself.)

I am not exactly sure what this means.
Are you telling me that those generated (GoW) codes are coming out of your pay and they are not essentially free? They cost money or salary?

1 Like

Twitch streamers make money from ads and subscriptions. It has nothing to do with the codes…

Good. This explains it then. It’s about ad revenue.

I’m not sure what you are getting at @koromac, would you please explain further?

Twitch streamers do indeed make money from ads and subs. We make very little from either of these things, and when we do we invest it back into the stream itself. To be completely transparent, we make less than 50 USD a month from our stream, and the ad revenue is typically less then 5 USD of that. I have been setting aside the money the stream makes to upgrade the streaming computer and set up in the future. This is why I never push people to sub, or set my stream to run multiple ads at specific timestamps. (Which is totally a thing you can do and I think more streamers who earn a living through Twitch should take advantage of.)

Viewer numbers are a better metric internally, that can justify us continuing to run streams. If we don’t get a lot of viewers or continue to grow, we will stop streaming as it won’t be considered useful or appreciated by the community. If that happens I will use my time elsewhere. (Unfortunately this wouldn’t be on the forums, and would have me doing higher level Communications, PR or copy writing tasks.) This would mean no troop previews, Delve previews, Update previews or Dev Q & As.

3 Likes