@Lyrian are you planning to write up this stream, or should I be planning to be present (I actually can be, thanks to quarantine, but I’ve come to much prefer reading your summaries over watching the stream XD)?
@Magnusimus , I’m planning on the normal stream write-up in a few hours, as usual.
Given that Twitch and the Internet in general has been flaky because of the high loads in general, another set of eyes on the stream might not be a bad idea and would be welcome.
That said, the community here is very good at pointing out typos and errors in my write-ups when they occur in fairly quick order. They’re pretty awesome on that front.
I generally take notes during the stream as well but yours are more comprehensible than my inane scribbles
It’s not a huge update, so there won’t be as much to transcribe, promise!
Also, there are a few things that are being finalised that I can’t show you yet.
Hopefully at least a few significant balance changes. Everything old is new again!
Stream has finished.
Did you know? There’s a update stream Megathread now! Thanks, @EliteMasterEric
This stream will complete two full years of being the update stream transcriber, and I haven’t totally lost it yet. So without further ado…
4.9 Update Preview Stream Notes
Rewarded Ads (Mobile ONLY)
- 30 Second ads for a minor reward, based on level. Keys can be rarely rolled from the reward, usually souls or gold rewarded. Possible rewards visible on ad watching screen.
- One ad limit per 8 hours per player.
- Button to access ads on left side of screen, between adventure board and chat tabs.
Pictures, credit @Redi1 :
Thread on topic:
Shop System Rework
Daily Deals System
- Daily Deals will be offered to players
- Accessible from Offers screen
- Resets on daily reset.
- Three offers per day, unique to individual players based on multiple factors (e.g. account level)
- Daily Deal offers are unique to the player’s current progression in the game.
- All deals are purchasable with Gems.
- Special daily deals are available to players; requires VIP 6 to unlock.
- VIP deal will appear in the rightmost slot, if it appears, with a VIP icon (see picture, below).
- If a player does not have access to VIP 6, the offer will be greyed out and unaccessable.
- Expect offers for Pets, Troops, Keys and other things yet to be revealed…
- Will be a dynamic system with new things offered to players in the future as the game continues to develop.
- Initial pricing on Daily Deals range between 50-300 Gems on average, subject to change in the future.
Pictures, credit @Redi1 :
- GoldPhoenix: We are removing the Glory tab in the Shop, and the Glory offers will be moved into the “Gold and Souls” tab, which has been renamed to “Resources”, and the Glory Troop has moved to the “Weekly Rewards” Tab.
Adventure Pack System
- Offers bundles similar to the $50 weekly bundles, but at lower price points.
- Offered as Adventure, Intermediate, Expert, Master Packs, based on a player’s progression in the game.
- Offers reroll every three days.
- All adventure pack purchases are always real money transactions (and yield VIP points)
- All previous limited pack sale limits have been reset for ALL players.
Picture, credit @Redi1 :
- Daily sigils for a weekly event will be retroactively granted to players who start an event late.
- World Event lag has been optimized/fixed.
- Guild Wars registration issue has been fixed.
AB Holiday Event Rewards coming back? Maybe.
Hero(ine) classes “complete”? For now, yes. Perhaps more in the future, at a later date.
Class Reworks: Not planned at this time. Working from home for the foreseeable future limits the speed at which the devs can work to only critical update milestones at this time.
Medal switching on the team screen will not be happening.
No changes to delves in this update.
No changes to pets in this update.
Balance changes will now be separate from major updates (such as this week’s balance changes).
GoldPhoenix: There definitely is a lot more “really” awesome changes coming up in 4.9 that we can’t talk about, but hopefully it is stuff that will make y’all happy!
Next Update: 5.0.
So 4.9 is the “relentless spending” update. Got it. Was anything related to gameplay?
Hopefully diamonds and jewel shards will be part of the daily deals, otherwise I’ll probably be hard pressed to care. It’s kind of hard to me envision these things being better than the flash offers.
The adventure packs sound like they’ll be basically the weapon flash offers we’ve been receiving, unless I’m missing something?
Some screenshots from chat on stream that help with some info.
This was featured in the patch notes and was maybe implemented once or twice. And now there isn’t any definitive plans to keep it going at all.
Seems like a bait and switch at this point then. Why go to the trouble of coding and announcing it if y’all aren’t (or can’t) bother to come through with it?
@Lyrian Notes look great. Here are some visual examples.
Daily Deal example with VIP6+ on the far right.
Adventure Packs first 2 Offers
Reward Examples (Do vary and rewarded randomly)
Edit - All subject to change of course.
I believe it’s 50-300
So…does that mean real money is required on a weekly basis now to get the new troop, or…?
So basically the 2 least used troops are…lol
For a Hundred dollars give the player AW and set them up for success.
They’re just changing the category name. I feel like your quote missed the “resource tab” part.
No. From GoldPhoenix’s comment towards the end, if there were gameplay related updates, it looks like they weren’t cleared to reveal that content on the update stream.
To me, it sounds like the revamped shop system is going to be looking at individual accounts and will offer various things to advance an account’s progression on a more personalized level.
I think you’re right on that one. Fixing.
No, it’s just moved to a different tab with the update.
Thanks. I think I got these already as either paraphrases or direct quotes.
Kudos for that. Want me to merge these with the summary for the megathread?
I only need Deeds and Nysha Tokens so something tells me my niche peer group will be left out of actual “reward offers”.
I saw the resource tab, but nothing in the shop can be bought for gold or souls, right? I figured they might be making things formally purchasable for glory purchasable only for gems (money)
Glad I misread/misunderstood, though! Buying the weekly troop with glory and getting the new content on Monday is the highlight of most of my gems weeks.
Feel free to.