Gems of Streaming

I think a lot of you have missed the context of my post. I work at Gems of War. I already live and breathe it. I do not have the time in my working week, at Gems of War, to do what you want. Therfore, it has to come out of my personal time. I already work 38-42 hours weeks for Gems, and work weekends where necessary as well, meaning some weeks I work even more hours more for Gems of War. As such, when I get down time, I don’t always want to focus on my work further, when I have social comittments, skills I’m honing, cleaning to do, or a partner to spend time with.

Typically when people leave work, they want to be able to do something that isn’t work related to reset and unwind. I am the same. I do play Gems of War in my own time, but I also need space to be a human being with interests outside of this game, for the sake of my own wellbeing and mental health. The argument a lot of you put forward is that you have the same amount of time in a day as I do to play, this is technically true, but purposefully ignores everything I have outlined above. To be clear, I already spend 38-42 hours a week actively invested in this game, as it is my job. It isn’t playing in the same context, but I am active across a lot of our processes, interact with the community, write parts of the story, and play around with new troops or test upcoming content so I know how to show it off on stream. (This is typically updates.)

I don’t think any good will come of discussing this further, so I won’t be replying to comments or questions along these lines anymore.

In other news, I will be streaming again today, and it is a break stream. I won’t be previewing new content, as we have a lot coming up in the schedule.

7 Likes