Gems of Streaming

How’s that? We all saw new troops, they belong to “Werewoods/Urskaya”. Will it be changed at the very last moment? And I’d like to remind that Maugrim Woods’ faction is Hell Gate (very probably, of course, “not set in stone”).

I dont even know which one is right anymore

So I went back and wrote down all of the quest givers for the Underworld so far…

Ferit (Karakoth) is the quest giver for All Seeing Eye (Darkstone)
Alastair (Khetar) is the quest giver for Hall of Guardians (Whitehelm)
Luther (Broken Spire) is the quest giver for Crypt Keepers (Sword’s Edge)
Tezca (Suncrest) is the quest giver for The Warrens (Pan’s Vale)
Dark Song(Grosh-Nak) is the quest giver for Fang Moor (Khetar)
Tau (Sword’s Edge) is the quest giver for Dark Pits (Mist of Scales)
Atlanta (Divinion Fields) is the quest giver for Sunken Fleet (Bright Forest)
Tassarion (Glacial Peaks) is the quest giver for Silver Necropolis (Silverglade)
Elwyn (Pan’s Vale) is the quest giver for Stonesong Eyrie (Suncrest)
Raven (Mist of Scales) is the quest giver for City of Thieves (Leonis Empire)
Prince Ethoras (Bright Forest) is the quest giver for Wild Court (Divinion Fields)
Princess Elspeth (Silverglade) is the quest giver for Mirrored Halls (Glacial Peaks)

Azura (Merlantis) is the quest giver for Sea of Sorrow (Merlantis)
Rowanne (Forest of Thorns) is the quest giver for Primal Rift (Forest of Thorns)
Brian the Lucky (Zaejin) is the quest giver for Amanithrax (Zaejin)
Keghammer (Stormheim) is the quest giver for Frostfire Keep (Stormheim)

I’ve come away from that thinking consistency isn’t Gems of War’s strong suit… =/
The inconsistent list might be due for another tally. Welcome Werewoods, I guess.

Another fun one to keep track of is to see how long until they duplicate a quest giver… (I’m assuming there has to be at least one since Luther was the original quest giver for Sin of Maraj)

5 Likes

It was stated on-stream that the current link to Urskaya is incorrect. So yeah, it would have to be fixed before the faction goes live on Friday to change the link to Maugrim Woods.

Also, from a relevant cross-thread Salty post:

Game data is not “official” until that game data actually hits the live production servers. That really shouldn’t surprise anyone here.

5 Likes

It sounds like a pretty ambitious goal to get that adjusted in such a short time frame, I seem to recall that GoW content usually gets impossible to change several months prior to its release. Kingdom power levels stay unlocked even when you no longer meet requirements later on, so there might be some incentive to prey on less well tested resource changes on Friday reset.

1 Like

Will the new update affect game protection? and when will the resolution of my question begin?

and this is why you shouldn’t upgrade urkskaya to 14 before the event! Doh! Why 14? Because 15 would cost me gold in PvP for the stat bonus. <shakes fist at the 4.7 update>

1 Like

Lucky it was urkskaya after all. I should wait next time so I don’t have to worry when there’s a change. The PvP reduction and having to not use the deeds maximally of course is still an issue.

1 Like

Please can we have a stream with a dev beating Werewoods level 500 with all Faction troops next week? Hoard level 100. You can easily set this up on your accounts :slight_smile:

I think it would be interesting to see how the creators of GoW approach this challenge, would be a refreshing change from the usual format too :wink:

15 Likes

You are dreaming, they will never do it. They know they cannot, they know they are not solving the issues with Delves and as with most things they do not care. It does not affect their bottom line so the Publisher does not care therefore the Devs don’t care either.

3 Likes

Bonus: No potions. And every time they lose, everyone gets a vault key. I know it’ll never happen, but maybe if they just get a taste of how frustrating it is, they’ll understand our rage a little bit.

7 Likes

Yes please! I would like to see that too. But not Salty, she is not good enough. Maybe Ozball. And i would allow potions too. Maybe put out code for every potion they have to buy.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, shouldn’t showcasing a pure faction team be essential part of any delve preview stream? We are supposed to excited about new delve coming up, we are supposed to tremble with impatience to get our hand on that shining, brilliant, mesmerizing, enthralling underworld team and take it for a spin…aren’t we? It seems the best way to invoke that sort of player emotion might be demonstrating that even an official spokesperson can beat pure delve.
(At least, I might be tempted to watch preview stream post factum - 4AM on a workday morning not being the best time for following live.)

8 Likes

I haven’t watched in a while.
But is it true (from those more devoted please) that she has stopped playing against Life and Death teams during her fight clubs?

1 Like

from the times I’ve had time to watch, she’s dodged a majority of them

2 Likes

So if it’s true that she is avoiding life and Death PvP defenses.
And I assume she will choose not to do 100% Faction team runs at Delve level 500.
If the public face of Gems of War is avoiding doing the most difficult aspects of the game during streams about the game (including Faction previews).

How does that make the balance of the game appear to be?

Salty is a super casual gemmer so perhaps the game shouldn’t be scaled to her.
But she can have all the troops, weapons, and everything max power (including kingdoms).
So if she has a difficult time doing Delves with a 100% Faction team. Then shouldn’t that be a wake up call to all parties involved?

2 Likes

well to be fair, she also has to deal with opponents with nearly double stats of her since she keeps her account at level 100 ish.

Looks are deceiving. Her level is low but I think she uses dev hacks to have more power than a normal level 100. But even if I’m wrong, that doesn’t change the fact that she can play as any level that she wants to and any power level that she wants to.

If I’m not mistaken, she also has’nt leveled her kingdoms very far. Why should she? She does’nt need gold, gems, or any other kind of income. She’ll never have to spend anything to get a troop or a pet or anything else. Which is part of why her gold disparity in PVP is so prominent.

I haven’t dev hacked my game outside of resources and troops. I repeat, I have never dev hacked my account to have more power than a normal level 100 outside of the troops, classes and resources. My kingdoms are low level, my stats are super low, as you can see if you watch any of my streams.

I regularly fight teams with double the stats of mine, and do win. I’m also more limited in the teams I use, because I am previewing upcoming content, so it must be included. I play a lot of PVP so I can fight viewers on stream, because we think it’s fun.

You are free to criticize me as much as you want. I play gems across a few accounts of different levels, but I am not a hardcore player. I work with Gems of War every day, and I play when I can. However, this is my job, and while I love this game, if I played it as my only title outside of work hours I would likely go stir crazy. I need some separation between life and work, even though I do play Gems of War in my downtime. It just isn’t ALL of my downtime.

4 Likes