Gems of Streaming

Today today today~

1 Like

I can’t handle the hype…!!!

1 Like

Excite Excitir Ecite Eytexided!

Drunk too. But yeah 4. new!!!

1 Like

Dictation will begin momentarily at the usual place in this thread, directly after @GoldPhoenix0 posts the stream link for viewing.

5 Likes

I hope the thread doesn’t disappoint :face_with_monocle:

4.6 Preview Stream Notes

Explore mode has been reworked.

– Explores now are a series of battles, similar to Arena runs.

General Flow
– Difficulty selection (between Tiers 1 and 12) [Level 1 = level 11 troops, Level 12 = level 250 troops]
– Players will need to unlock each difficulty tier (once ever) initially, similar to challenge tiers.
– Greater gold quantities drop match at higher difficulties, no modifiers for souls.
– Four consecutive battles at the chosen difficulty
– Enemy teams are comprised of teams built using the Team Builder from that kingdom.
– Fifth battle is a mini-boss battle, that yields a number of Mythstones based on difficulty setting (subject to randomness in given range). Mini-boss battle always features a kingdom legendary.
– If the player has collected 100 Mythstones after receiving the Mythstones in the 4th battle, the player will gain access to a sixth Mythic boss battle (else the run ends).
– The Mythic boss battle features the kingdom Mythic and will drop at least one Token (see below) and a guaranteed Arcane Traitstone from that kingdom.

Losing During Explore Runs
– Matches 1-4 have infinite retries.
– The Mini-boss (Match 5) only allows one attempt per run. Losing ends the run.
– The Mythic Boss (Match 6) only allows one attempt per run, as well.
– Losses during Matches 1-4 gives the player the option to lower the difficulty setting. Doing so returns the player to Match 1.

Mythstone Bonus Runs
– On the Krystaran Overworld Map, there are now orange indicators that randomly move round between kingdoms (similar looking to new class quest indicator).
– Completing a Explore run in a kingdom that has a Mythstone bonus indicator yield 20% more Mythstones than would be granted for a difficulty level normally.
– After completing a single run at the bonus rate, the player will need to choose a difficult kingdom to find where the bonus marker has moved.

Tokens, Badges, and Medals
– Mythic Bosses drop a number of Tokens, based on difficulty level chosen.
– At 4.6 launch, there will be six (6) types of Tokens, one for each rarity level.
COMMON: Gaard (Armor)
RARE: Yasmine (Life)
ULTRA-RARE: Cedric (chance for troops to auto-cleanse per turn)
EPIC: Aranaea (Attack)
LEGENDARY: Anu (Starting Mana)
MYTHIC: Nysha (Magic)

More token types are very likely to appear in future updates.

– Three Tokens evolve into a Badge.
– Three Badges evolve into a Medal.
– Badges and Medals (not Tokens) can be equipped to the Hero(ine).
– Each Badge and Medal offers a specific effect.
– These effects follow the same rules as traits. All badges/medals stack EXCEPT the Badge/Medal of Anu (gives starting mana).

Elite Levels
– All troops can now gain Elite Levels via feeding them Medals only.
– There are three (3) Elite Levels [Bronze, Silver, Gold] available at 4.6 launch.
– Although troops can be fed medals of any rarity, 100% chance for upgrade needs either a medal of the base rarity of the troop, or three (3) medals of the next lower rarity.
– Stat gains from elite levels are based on the role assigned to the troop.
– There will be no special skills/effects from Elite Levels in 4.6. (Possible in future).
– Souls are also used as a currency for feeding medals to troop.
– Troops with Elite Levels have a special indicator around their mana counter on their card.
– Elite levels in 4.6 will not affect Hero(ine) classes.
– Players can see opponents’ troops with Elite Levels in PvP/Guild Wars.

Misc

– The match status screen now shows banner and mana link color bonuses for both players in the match.
– Chat has been moved to a tab on the left side of the screen.
Stunning a troop will disable special effects granted by medals for that troop (Ex: Cedric Medal auto-cleanse), similar to disabling traits. Stat medals are not affected.
– [Android] Google Play cloud saving for accounts has been enabled.

34 Likes

Great talk by Ozball, Salty leaves and Ozball answers question after question. And if he doesn’t know, he doesn’t know. But was extremely stingy with codes.

No codes for you!

3 Likes

Like Salty said, I imagine it’s really hard for one person to (1) play the game, (2) run through the list of topics to cover, (3) handle codes, (4) respond to chat, and (5) whatever else needs doing during a stream.

Do we know why Salty goes by Salty on-stream, but Ozball uses his (presumably) real name?

2 Likes

preference. Salty doesn’t want the stream to follow her home when possible. Oz doesn’t stream enough to care.

2 Likes

Salty was the one who set the code thresholds.

Early speculation: The patch is some time next week, since it was briefly mentioned that a 4.6 dev Q&A is coming after the 4.6 update is released, but it was only mentioned that it wasn’t possible to schedule it before 4.6 release and wasn’t possible this week either.

Card subject to change etc etc.

2nd guess is during Guild Wars, October 21st/22nd because lol.

Also mentioned: Patch isn’t this week.

Correct guess. Lol
Followed by a dev Q&A in Halloween costumes.
The following week.

Spoiler warning (because blurs are pointless really)

Sirrian will promise me trophies in explore if I’m a good boy for Christmas.

2 Likes

Thanks all for coming! Apologies if I sounded like a croaky frog.

8 Likes

You did awesome @Ozball

Really thorough overview and great questions were answered. Thanks as always for everything you guys do!

You sounded like someone who just pushed the update out to the publishers while everyone else is out having fun at the conference. :grinning:

Can you program us a table to flip in-game please? :gem_doomskull:

4 Likes

Does it unlock difficulty globally or you have to do it for each kingdom?

That sounds a pretty bad idea: devs are giving (once again?) a stick to be beaten…
Imagine all these players getting a bad board on the Mythic battle: “AI is cheating”, etc.

And I don’t get why we should do the 4 battles and the mini-boss battle to be able to use the Mythstone to do the Mythic battle…
Why not letting players choose whenever they want to do their Mythic battles?

Difficulty is global. You’ll only need to unlock 3-12 one time each, ever.

That is a very reasonable request.

2 Likes

It’s a time gating mechanism. The first four battles don’t mean anything other than to consume time and slow down the rate of acquiring/spending mythstones. Perhaps for younger accounts, they might serve to say “hey, this difficulty level might be too difficult for you”. Whatever the actual reason, this is intentionally designed into the explore run system.

1 Like

Let me see if I got it right. We’ll meet now and then mythic explores that drop certain items (tokens etc), that can be applied to the hero for various stat increase and they do stack. Do I read it right?

Do those extra stats apply in every game mode where the hero is in team? Are they permanent? How many medals/tokens can be applied at once?

If they’re unlimited, stackable and permanent, you just unlocked a pandora’s box…