Gems of Streaming

I heard Silence a random enemy on 4 or more matches is a big crowd pleaser. Perhaps go with that.

1 Like

How about beg 4-5 times on stream for a code and you get silenced 4 EVER lol :joy:

Unfortunately I wasn’t involved with the design of this class, or any other class! I’d recommend asking Steve and Nim on our next Q & A stream. :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t people try to ask sirrian and nim in the previous Q & A and you answered the question without letting the question reach them?

We’re still talking about Stormcaller right? That was already asked about several times during the last dev Q&A and were given the “No plans to change it at this time.” answer.

The lack of creativity given to hero classes and troops is shocking and the responses to the concerns raised by the community from the devs is disappointing.

2 Likes

@Saltypatra is back and live right now on Twitch, so join her her on her break stream! Feel free to jump in and join Salty’s Fight Club and much much more. There will also be some codes to give away, so invite your chill friends and cruizy family right now to join in with the fun!

Well, there are no changes being made at this time.

I don’t know else you want me to say or do. So yeah, there you go.

I advise everybody not to get the 3rd trait on this class. Remember, once you upgrade it you can’t undo it. Talents can be changed whenever you want but traits can’t.

13 Likes

See, this is the problem we are talking about
The devs doesnt play the game through the player’s point of view, their customer point of view

1 Like

Just migrated a lot of the discussion here to an existing thread discussing Stormcaller’s third trait:

1 Like

I am so excited to do the puzzle quest stream again today!!! 8D

Please join me at 6 30 PM PDT. <3

1 Like

Salty, I tried to ask Sirrian and Nimhain on the last Q&A stream. I tried to do so politely, giving them plenty of chance to explain their reasoning.

But you chose not to pass on the question at all.

4 Likes

I am aware @Starlite. Unfortunately I forgot that I fielded those questions, because I knew what the answer would be. Please remember that I do a lot of things, and am doing 4 things at once during a Q & A, and am not going to remember every detail. I wish I could! My brain can hold a lot of information, and I mean a lot, but sometimes I do forget things when a lot is happening in a stream, and also day to day and over a period of time. Also, the answer remains the same.

I fully expect to be questioned about the choice again on stream, but I don’t have any new information, and at this time changes have not been made. I wish I could tell you all something that you want to hear, but I am unable to do so.

1 Like

Hi, taking that all into account and to try and move this in a positive direction:
What, if anything, can players do to raise this issue with the appropriate person/committee/stream/DM/poll/survey etc?

11 Likes

I think what we all want to hear is that it’s on the “To Do” list. Surely we can be told that at least?

I can’t tell you that, because at this time there are no plans to change it.

Unfortunately, there is no other avenue to take to raise this opinion. It is what it is, and I have mentioned to the team before.

For clarity, I’ve asked again as of this week. I can’t guarantee it will change, but you never know.

1 Like

I just don’t understand how such an obvious mistake (best case) or poor design (worst case) decision such as this can be made with such indiscretion. The players have made it abundantly clear well before launch of the new hero class to allow a proper design change in a polite and respectable manner.

However, the responses we have been given in return are really disconcerting. @Saltypatra said she asked the design team and “they shrugged” in one of her responses, which I am paraphrasing overall, but quoting accurately. And now the latest response is, “It is what it is.”

Perhaps if we were given a more acceptable answer to the question that actually helps us understand WHY this decision was made and WHY it is not planned to change then it will put this issue to rest.

9 Likes

As a guess, changing the trait involves changing the trait text. Which means sending out new text to all of the translators 505/I+2 contracts with, and waiting for the turnaround. I hope we can receive some insight into their process, because as you said this situation isn’t a great look for them.

2 Likes

Even when this is the case, the reason why such a thing happen when they have play testers is ridiculous. No one in the play test team realize the third trait is the same as a lvl 1 talent? Or even the play test team didn’t receive the final version of the class, like they have to play test without all the talent tree?

4 Likes