You can view the previous streams on the Videos tab of their Twitch account.
I will try, not sure if i will be back home at this time but i can do it for the next day
I know salty like to see herself on sreenshots
@Koromac, these are all very good points, and why I have to take vitamin D tablets daily. Since taking them my levels are very good, courtesy of my last blood test and visit to the doctor.
And you can pry my make up from my cold, dead, pale hands.
Who’s excited for the stream today???
PS, our special guest will be @Ozball!!!
Join @Saltypatra and the special guest @Ozball in previewing the upcoming 4.4 update! Check out some of the new features to expect , as well as some juicy codes for viewer milestones, so invite your whole family, friends, acquaintances, frienimies, and your (im)mortal enemies to watch live now!
4.4 Update Stream
– This update does NOT address old weapons.
– This update does NOT address delve difficulty.
– Please direct issues about these to the dev Q&A next week.
– There are a number of potentially controversial issues in this update. Please create and/or redirect discussion of these topics into their own thread to keep discussions streamlined and to minimize chaos in this thread.
Daily Login Screen Refresh
– All daily login calendars and bonuses are now condensed on one screen.
– Rewards are categorized by Calendar, PvP, Guild, Faction, and PvP rewards for easy viewing.
– Rewards shown on the screen, are sent to the mailbox for collection, as usual.
– The adventure board REPLACES both Daily Tasks and Weekly Events.
– There are four tasks per day, similar to Daily Tasks. One task is static, until completed, the other three Adventure Tasks recycle daily at daily reset.
– Adventure Tasks are random per player with rewards.
– Each Adventure Task has 3-4 battles, of increasing difficulty.
– Rarer Adventure Tasks offer better rewards, but have more difficult teams to face.
– Pet Rescues are roughly in-line in difficulty with the harder Adventure Tasks.
– Even with the harder Adventure Tasks, new accounts can clear the early tasks to obtain some rewards.
– New players will receive a chain of static tasks that can be completed in succession as a form of a tutorial. Once completed (or for veteran accounts), kill tasks will be given.
– On the team selection screen, the “Rename Team” button has been replaced with the “Manage Team” button.
– The game can now suggest an entire team for the player to use.
– Teams are generated by algorithm to suit various team styles. (These are basic team suggestions and not veteran/meta teams).
– The algorithm tends not to create teams with hero(ine) weapons. A current workaround is manually place the desired weapon into a blank team and then have the algorithm create a team around that weapon.
– Suggested teams can be copied and pasted into chat for sharing.
– Similarly, posted teams in chat can be copied and pasted into a team.
– The coding for a team is in text, and can be copied from the clipboard into external locations, such as Discord for sharing with others.
– Filters can be used to refine team suggestions.
– On stream, the suggest-a-team feature was shown to pick teams that meet color restrictions for a game mode, such as delves.
– Classes/Talents can be copied to chat/clipboard.
– Troop roles are shown on the bottom of each troop’s card as pictures.
– Troop roles reflect that troop’s most likely use in a team.
– Each troop only has one role, even if it has multiple purposes.
– Troops may be filtered by a role.
Warrior: Off-tank, with damage
Warmaster: Buffs allies, creates skulls
Striker: High damage, single target
Assassin: One shot kill troops
Mage: AOE damage
Generator: Generates mana / gem colors
Support: Defense buffers
– In battle, damage adds based on a resource collected, are shown in a tooltip on the unit’s card. On stream, Bonnie Rose’s damage increasing with gold collected was shown.
– Damage outcomes that are based on a user selection (ex: selected color’s gems destroyed) cannot be shown because the AI can’t tell the player about a choice they haven’t made yet.
Epic, Legendary, Mythical Battles
– Designed to assist players (primarily newer players) who are stuck in sigil-based events (Invasion, Raid Boss, Tower of Doom).
– Does not apply to daily delves of daily delves.
– Does not apply to Guild Wars.
– Players may consume additional sigils to temporarily boost their stats to clear a stage in which they are stuck. Costs are PER BATTLE.
– Epic Battle: +1 additional sigil, +50% to all stats for player
– Legendary Battle: +3 additional sigils, +100% to all stats for player
– Mythic Battle: +5 additional sigils, +200% to all stats for player.
– First-time use of this system for players is free, costs sigils afterwards.
Drop Rates Shown In-Game
– Clicking/Tapping the “?” button on the a chest’s screen will now bring up the chest’s current odds per rarity.
– Odds shown on-screen are relevent to the chest selected at the time.
– Odds shown are by category of rarity (ex: Legendary, Traitstones, etc.), and NOT by individual troop/reward.
Flash Offer Calendar
– A new calendar type will offer various daily offers, for a specific day.
– Offers are the same for everyone, and change daily.
– Offers expires at the end of each day.
– Some offers require money, others require gems, some are free.
– Various UI bug fixes.
– Double first turn bug with potion of explosion was fixed.
– Android notification bug was fixed.
– Bugs with several weapons were fixed.
– Bugs with one-shot troops and their spells were fixed.
Stream has ended.
^ What Honor was really meant for
4.4 in gif form.
I just read through the completed Cliff notes.
I don’t see anything about PvP changes either.
No point in asking about it in a Q&A and no point giving more feedback about it on here or any thread. The devs are aware of what we want. We get things that they want instead. End of discussion.
I think it’s worth acknowledging that our updates are planned well in advance, and our pipeline doesn’t always mean we can rework major features or include big quality of life changes as the community brings them up.
They must be worked into the updates we have already planned and are actively working on.
I’m sure they do at this point. But it is their game and they get to control what gets implemented and when. As Salty just said, timing is an issue here. PvP is going to be rehauled at some point, and the devs surely know when the block of time is that will be allocated to it.
My personal take on the matter is that nothing is going to change significantly on the PvP front until the rehaul arrives. Technically, there is an indirect PvP change in the update, just not the one you are looking for. Rather, it’s likely yet another foundational stone for the upcoming PvP rehaul. You won’t see it in any patch notes, ever, though.
It doesn’t look like a major update…
New daily tasks look like Dungeon (which should have been included in this “rework” pack).
Do you mind elaborating on this comment?
Hmm, up to 4.3 i would say we get 4.4 this or next week, but since 4.3 we know it can take several weeks…
Doesnt sound like a major update for a high level, but lets wait what the Aventure Board brings us (with the risk of losing better weekly/daily tasks), team C&P is usefull and thanks for finally showing the real damage of boosted units!
I hope we will get some new achievements / trophies like we got with other major updates.
Q&A will be interesting, most of us are waiting for weapons and a real possibility for 2500er devles.
Sure. I didn’t catch this for a good while on beta, as it’s a consequence of one of the other changes. Specifically, it has to do with the design implications of the new Adventure Board.
With current snotstone events, a good chunk of players often use defense teams that are either designed to intentionally lose for a number of reasons. With the implementation of the Adventure Board, there will no longer be a need (or benefit) to do this, as those types of events will no longer exist. Thus, the indirect PvP change is the removal of incentives to use these types of teams moving forward. That said, there’s no penalty running these types of teams post-4.4… yet.
When the PvP rehaul comes, there will likely by design be no viable reason to run anything but a legitimate defense team. If normal PvP does indeed become bracketed, running anything other then your very best defense team is going to be a very poor decision.
I like this. This will help the early stages be even quicker and when I can’t be bothered doing guild events my sigils won’t be wasted.
This sucks. The adventure board looks like more dungeon/pet rescue stuff. The old daily tasks are good you can either use Dawnbringer with half mana start in challenges to get the tasks done quickly or try to actually build teams and do it in PvP. The trophy and arena tasks helps guilds too.
Without the weekly tasks the people that set teams to help people won’t have a reason too anymore and it will lead to more annoying empowered crap. Just another reason to never touch PvP again.
How about the event troop are we losing the bonus gold, glory etc for using that?
It made fighting level 500+ troops a tiny bit less annoying and helped the player out sometimes so of course it was fixed.
Cool but how about showing what is in each key. When there is a bug with event keys missing troops and with the amount of times this has happened in the past it will happen again and how will we know?
So another nerf to player rewards?
did you watch the stream to see what the changes are?
Certainly seems like a nerf to weekly gems/gem keys/event keys from snotstones and daily tasks. Replaced by almost worthless gold and souls.
Very disappointed by this update.
Really? The most important and most requested features are still NOT in the game?