Gems of Streaming

I actually think that it’s okay to link other things to viewer numbers as well. For example - not sure if possible - I could see stuff like “In the next Dev Q&A, we will add 15 minutes to the stream if we have X people watching” - this could be an incentive to attract more people to it who might shy away from it right now because they think they will never get their question in in the first place, so adding “more time since more viewers mean more questions” is a logical thing that might attract people and make the idea of attending more enticing.

The real fault is just that an uncertain thing was made the main selling point of the stream in the last weeks. That doesn’t bring viewers in, it keeps them away since they don’t know what they will get. Attaching different things to numbers is fine, including spoilers. But then just don’t tell people about it. Tell people about what you will show for sure so that they know what to expect.

I think a lot of youtubers who do Let’s Plays do that right - when they get a certain numbers of subscribers or just a certain number of Likes on a series, they sometimes host giveaways or just do an extra video or something. But they don’t announce these things. I click on their videos because “Hey, it’s part 12 of that game’s Let’s Play, awesome!” and then hear in the video that there is an extra available. I get what I was promised AND a surprise extra. That’s good marketing which makes me want to check every video of the series.

6 Likes

Oh! The idea of extending Q & As based on viewership numbers is awesome!!! I’ll definitely be doing that in the future. Thank you @Sheba.

4 Likes

I would watch the stream but the spoilers might be tied to cash shops and as I’m trying to save money I need my PC off. Sorry. :frowning:

Hey you don’t know that. It could be a credit shop, a charge shop and I’ve even heard rumors of a check shop. I dunno, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

Maybe they can pay me for views, then make their money by monetizing the channel. After all, each ad is worth roughly 5 cents, so if they paid me 5 bucks I’d make them 5 cents.

What, doesn’t make sense? Neither do cash shops or gem prices.

We don’t make money off our Twitch Channel, and even when we are partnered are unlikely to offer a paid subscription option. :slight_smile:

Also, let’s please keep this thread on topic. Remember, it’s in our Community Guidelines.

3 Likes

Is there a live stream today?:grin:

In about 25 hours

Tomorrow I will be streaming once again! It will be a more relaxed stream with some team building, codes and the final art of the cat dragon being shown!

It’s tomorrow at 6 30 PM PDT, which is 11 30 AM AEST. Can’t wait to see you there!

1 Like

No map rework preview?

Above there was some negative sentiment, so I had this to say.

That being said, I am looking forward to the Stream!~ After this week you will have @Cyrup again as I will be as a work conference in New Zealand. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another chance to bribe… i mean… to have a great time with our dear Cyrup. :innocent:

1 Like

So, when will we get Steve Fawkner to do a streaming session? Or at least make an appearance for 5 minutes?

Steve (also known as Sirrian) and Nimhain do developer Q and A’s on our twitch channel. We don’t currently have one scheduled, but we hope to do another within the next two months. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Live in ten minutes!

I hope cyrup won’t be late like you :stuck_out_tongue:

Stream is live now!

2 Likes

I’m never late, simple always on my own time.

Here is the Cat Dragon!

15 Likes

Why does it have a purple bandaid over its mouth?

1 Like

Maybe because it’ll come out in the next patch?

2 Likes