Game freezes in delves

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

Platform, device version and operating system:

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

Hey @Debz2310 can you please fill out the bug report template so we can help you better?

1 Like

If you could please provide information on

1. The “freeze” – could you select anything on the screen or did the game completely crash/close?
  2. Troops on your team, their Traits and status effects
  3. Troops on your team, their Traits and status effects
  4. What exactly you were doing when the freeze occurred (e.g. cast X Weapon using Hero)
  5. Screenshots

I’m going to hijack this because it got me to thinking of something I noticed yesterday and today.

Long ago, I got used to GoW getting slower and laggier as I played and needing a force quit every 10 or 15 minutes. It got worse and worse, then either 3.5 or 4.0 seemed to take care of it.

I played 50+ PvP matches last night without any issues. Then I started playing Delve. By the end of the first Delve (about 8 matches), there was noticeable lag when Jar of Eyes was casting. I had to restart in the middle of attempt 2.

This morning, same thing. I did 10-15 PvP matches, then started working on Delves. Everything was fine until I started Delving. In the 2nd-to-last Crypt Keepers room, my game crashed while loading, and it counted as a loss. (I’ve always felt like the game ought to be able to tell if you didn’t even finish loading, and not count those.) It was laggy during the rest of the Delves.

It doesn’t get as bad laggy as I remember it, BuT ThE AnNoYiNG ShAkE AnIMAtiON StArtS mAKinG ME SiCk sInCe the CPU gets 4 or 5 free turns per round and I’m just staring at an earthquake. I wish I could turn that off, it adds nothing and plenty of people with visual impairments have complained.

So, in short:

• I feel like Delve gets really laggy.
  • I’ve had it crash on me while it was really laggy.
  • Playing similar amounts of PvP does not produce the same lag.

This is on iOS 12.0 on an iPhone 7.