Frozen Stiff

That happens when you let the numbers person have a say in how things should go.

They probably love crunching numbers so that must be fun and exciting. Right?

No, really… We don’t love it, guys. We hate it.

It’s not exciting. It doesn’t make the world events feel different from each other. It just adds another layer of annoyance.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but I still believe that the random multipliers are at least partially about preventing ties. Even if the reasoning was that they actually thought this was a good idea to begin with, as you pointed out, there has been plenty of time for them to react to the overwhelmingly negative feedback over 5+ campaigns. Nobody likes having to explain this nonsense to their guild (almost) every week.

1 Like

I try to understand what Stonehammer is yelling when you cast his spell, but without any luck. Anyone knows? Curiosity took over.

It is nice to see tie scores. It is a grind so they all deserve a power orb.

2 Likes

I’m playing with all sounds muted, so… can’t help you there.

The gems of war database has all sounds made by troops when they cast their spell. For Stonehammer, it’s: “Crimson hearts, burn within!” :fire:

5 Likes

That’s just like a year. IP2 is quite special in that regard, it takes several years for negative feedback to achieve anything. Just look at the upgrades for the first set of Doomed weapons, took them three years to finally replace the bad ones. For all we know the feedback about world event scoring hasn’t even been passed on to the design team yet, one of the officials once mentions that threads with less than 50 likes to the opening post are not considered important enough to forward.

1 Like

It’s mind blowing… Do you have the link for that?

2 Likes

Thanks! I catched the burn within correctly at least.

That was years ago, part of some discussion here about feedback getting ignored, would take quite a bit of digging. As much as I recall the short version was that the “real” devs don’t visit the forum and solely rely on a filtered summary that gets forwarded to them. I think the condition was that it has to be in the “Feature Request and Game feedback” category and must have received 50 likes, all other parts of the forum (except bug reporting) are considered a place for players to communicate with each other.

It’s really pretty standard procedure for bigger software companies, you want your team shielded away working on your product, not wasting their time mingling with the unwashed masses. There’s usually some “community manager” for that job, which often boils down to getting handed some approved announcements to post on media channels and to sound an alarm whenever a big enough angry mob gathers. Streaming doesn’t tend to be part of the job profile, so I guess Salty has more responsibilities.

1 Like

Pick the icey or frozen enemy other than ice golem. Its what it calls for in the lore once again same as last week. The ice golem part stupid tho

I am not a fan of the scoring gimmick.

Glaycion fights pretty rare! What is this shit again?
Killed this just now:

I found Glaycion twice. Once around 420 points, then at 622 points.

Hey, at least fighting him will never get tough.

The worst enemy is Hive Mind in this event IMO

My vote for worst enemy in this event goes to IP2. I wish they’d be a little less sloppy when it gets to setting up reward tiers, and a little less indifferent about correcting the worst outliers while events are still running. Good luck everybody with unlocking all rewards, it’s going to cost guilds at least an extra 500 gems from each member this week.

9 Likes

I am thinking about let it go, and not push my guildies to complete the event.

2 Likes

Yes, it is very expensive, tier 4 is the min for each player :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It is really tier 4 buy in per player to complete stage 12 this week?

1 Like

Currently looks like it requires a mix of tier 4 and tier 5 purchases.