Fox Sports

The Naruto anime series probably suffered from similarly tough turnaround times and workloads. A 20-minute episode each week, with 24 frames per second, is a stupendous amount of work. Doesn’t stop people from making fun of outlier frames like this one:

3 Likes

Thanks for responding to this topic. Yes, I agree 2 out of 500 isn’t “bad”. Yes, I have been very critical of both pieces at the time of release. But those two are soo bad they stand out and invite criticism.

Anyhow be sure to tell the Art director to keep it up. Most of the work is incredible.

1 Like

You can see this as: The art in GoW is really excellent, so even one bad piece of art DOES STANDS OUT A LOT…

And come on, arctic foxes are too cute to be badly depicted like that specially given the quality of the photo from which it was traced.

And yeah, we are making cheeky comments about it as a running gag. Literally me most part of the time regarding these two arts (F. Archer and Arctic Fox):

^ This is also me mentioning the need for a rework on Wild Plains.

I googled it and found this.
b46
Seems fitting.

2 Likes

AWryan, sometimes I think you don’t even read what I write sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue: I said over 500. That is a lot of troops. Guess what? We have more than 500 in game. Accuracy, hurrah!

And of course you’re welcome to comment on things. (That picture of Sasuke is making me giggle uncontrollably.) I’m just trying to provide a little perspective.

4 Likes

I still think that when you requested your artwork, the artist had given you snow fox, but the artist also had a similar feeling for their effort. It is fitting how it is travelling down a mountain cause it makes me feel snowbored.

Halfgrim looks great though, but his lore never specified if he was a big human, or small giant. Can we just make it dwarfficial already?

I catch 498 out of every 500 words you say. :grinning:

2 Likes

That makes sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Two duff pieces of work out of 500 seems a lot to me. I’d say either you have standards and stick to them, or you just let anything slide.

In my line of work, one duff piece of work is too many.

1 Like

That’s exactly the point. How did your art director, who usually acquires such excellent troop art, allow these two pieces of garbage to pass into the game? The mere fact that 99% of the artwork is outstanding makes these two troops look like they were done by toddlers on an Etch-a-Sketch. Please don’t hire this person/firm again. They are making you look bad.

1 Like

Just be grateful this art isn’t on troops you’d actually really want to play, a blessing in disguise if you will.
Keep your fingers crossed the next Infernus doesn’t come with art like this.

1 Like

I believe that it is cuz standards and such.

But, I am legally blind, so you can probably just ignore my comments on this matter. :wink:

I will say that the troop art for the most recent reminds me of when I brought my “arctic fox” home:

:hugs::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Is that a Japanese spitz?

It would be an American Eskimo/Australian Shepherd mix. But, you’re right with the Spitzhund-ness.

Or, Wargare. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry to burst your bubble. But 90% of Infernus is a clone of another troops art.
(I won’t ruin of the fun of figuring it out by posting which troop it is. :wink:)

I don’t understand how that relates to what i posted. I made a reference about us players being “lucky” that this weeks art landed on rather bad troops we don’t have to use and look at, instead of the next strongest mythic we would all really want to play for months to come.

Its a common troop that we’re never going to use … and a rare troop that we’re never going to use. I almost mis-remembered Frost Archer as an event troop because I literally don’t know what troop that is. I think I can let it go, about the art.

Can we see the concept sketches and process documents for Arctic Fox? I bet that’d really prove us all wrong. I liked seeing how the ingots took shape, I’ll bet a troop gets a lot more love and care.

You should follow us on social media to see more time-lapses of our art process!

It’s a shame they didn’t gave some love to it to be a good common like Dire Wolf. Speaking of commons, Stormhein really has a lot of commons creating small amounts of gems as a subtheme…

The Nordic theme haven’t been properly explored lately which is a shame, because aside from giants, berserkers and such it would be nice to have a small subset of troops with a trickster subtheme making reference to Loki. Krystara’s version of his myth could work fine with foxes, and/or his daughter Hella (there is already have one undead in this kingdom that could be related to her) both could appear in this kingdom’s faction as spurned religions/ideals, abandoned in such warrior-like culture overly represented.

1 Like