Forum Trust Levels (Changes)

You’re a “Member” which is trust level 2.

2 Likes

So to “be regular”, either post more or eat a high fiber diet. :crazy_face:

It seems like a funny name for the hardest trust level to earn, especially considering the slang meaning of the word. Hopefully, at least one person laughed at the joke.

1 Like

Where can I find out how often I need to post to maintain Regular Status? Thanks.

1 Like

@Bernice They may have changed the original settings, but it will most likely be the same as here (our forums use Discourse):

Maybe longer than 100 days, then – not sure about losing the status, though.

3 Likes

I hope for 2 things:
(1) This change does not motivate people to flag for the sole purpose of getting someone’s status reduced.
(2) The inverse of this change is also true where the flagger’s status can be reduced if many of the flags are not approved.

We know you’re busy and appreciate you looking at the activity because the numbers will speak for themselves.

[Time to change things]

4 Likes

Of the 5-10 flagged posts that were maliciously handed down to me yesterday by someone who was clearly not a developer nor a real moderator like Lyya.
This was the only post that was unflagged:

The post where I pointed out the abuse.

I get that the devs (and Lyya) have way better things to do than to unflag every post of mine that shouldn’t of been flagged. And to their credit, it appears that my account isn’t punished at this time due to underserved flags.
But I ask that you use your outsiders perspective. If you know nothing about me and just see my name attached to flagged posts (and don’t even bother to click to unhide them) then it’s easy to get a negative outlook of me. Which I believe would be the intention of this anonymous flag abuser. I am fully aware that I can be controversial. Folks have the right to think whatever they want of me based on the comments I post here (hopefully they are able to see the context at least). But in this case they aren’t even able to see those comments without more effort on their end to judge my words for themselves. Instead all they see is “AWRyan and flagged”.
Again I never have an issue taking responsibility for my words. Nor will I ever dispute responsibility for a flag that I deserved (there has been at least a few… In the distant past though). But I shouldn’t be responsible for petty flags because the system was abused.

If you’re too busy to unflag posts (which it’s understandable if you are). Then no one besides you should be able to get posts hidden automatically. I thought that was the whole point of the trust level changes. And if somehow this individual did earn enough trust to get posts hidden automatically. Then I hope that they have made it :100:% clear to you now that they don’t deserve that much trust.

10 Likes

What also happens is that ppl misperceive their “flaggers” and then systematically flag in retaliation. That’s childish so please make flagging visible. Thank you. It’s becoming a new snowflake issue.

2 Likes

“Someone hurt my feelings by flagging my post and that made me sad enough to post here so they’re snowflakes,” lol.

20200403_175438

6 Likes

:black_flag:

So evidently having an opinion about a prank pulled by the devs for April fool’s while considering the climate of the game is “off topic”.
Someone clearly has a lot of time on their hands. I wish we all could be as lucky.
I was right though. The real mods aren’t going to bother policing the flag abuse.

3 Likes

Real mods elicit respect without favouritism or having to resort to selective warnings/bans.

Real mods care about their community to be around on and off after office hours…

Real mods don’t lie to the customers, or keep standing behind a product (e.g. claiming the customers wanted the latest whimsical changes) when the product is increasingly defective…

…anyone with access to the past 18-24 months of forum evidence should be able to decide how much of the above applies here.
:relaxed: :face_with_monocle: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

How do I even find out what trust level I am?

1 Like

Click on your profile:

:relaxed: :vulcan_salute: