Forgive me Mr. Sammy, I've known not what I do

Keep in mind that higher-level opponents are worth a lot more gold to low-level players. When I was a wee ~200 lass, taking on a big-shot level-1000 player would net me about 3x what it does today.

How does that factor in on Monday when lvl <200 players are worth 2 grand?

Because your rank difference also affects payout. :slight_smile:

Ah, gotcha,

Goes back to corner

1 Like

A mans gotta get glory at some point

3 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone needs incentive to invade me.
I collect my reward ~2-3 times during the day and every hours from 6pm till midnight.

The strange thing is that your income from kingdoms is probably in the range of 4,000 - 5,000 per day (or ~160-210 per hour).

Since reaching level 1000, the lowest Iā€™ve ever seen being offered for you in a battle is ~917 gold. And the highest is 3,126 gold. The latter would seem to infer an increase of ~2,000 gold. ā†’ this would mean 10hrs that you havenā€™t picked up your income, and that no-one else has invaded you and won during that time. Based on what youā€™ve said and how many people invade you, this seems implausible (but theoretically possible).

I suspect we are missing out on some other factors of variation in determining the starting gold level.

I recall in one of @Tacet videos for the best teams 1.9.0 he fought the same opponent twice in I think 3/4 fights and both times he had the same amount of gold (800+) which shouldā€™ve been lower if he cleaned him out the first time.

I think the gold you see is determined by factors other then wether or not they collected or not, figure this:
How may matches are fought on just Monday with nearly every player powering to rank 1? More matches I bet are fought that day then there are even players in the game (each player needs to play at least 21 games to get to rank 1) yet no one ever gets paired with someone having only 17 gold

Just food for thought

not sure how level plays in as a factor guessing I am missing something. as for Mr.Sammy has been worth more than most since I first stated invading him at near 200-250 level
all the way up to now at near lvl 700. and rank is a factor? I am rank 1 every Monday from start game to now nothing changed for me. so if he doesnā€™t collect often I can understand but just seems there must me another factor why he is worth so much
and other lvl 1000ā€™s like Dhjl, river, alex, sister etc. which I see often are not

My guess is that the server periodically updates gold amounts, and that if you catch the same player twice within a ā€œwindowā€ then you can be offered the same amount for each match.

2 Likes

That is entirely possibleā€¦ I have a life outside of GoWā€¦ Sometimesā€¦

Somehow Iā€™m not surprised to hear that Iā€™m worthless . . .:wink:

a challenge is never worthless and that you are :slight_smile:
just doesnā€™t come with all the jingly coins
Fyi if your curious though I never seen you over 1k I donā€™t think @RiverSong

Yeah, I was curious. Though, it seems like most of the big golds I get are more due to armor and VIP bonus than what the opponent is actually worth.

is some way easier teams out there worth a lot that I see. lcnt/scorpio even some guy named wolfy with just a crude club/hero I seen with bases of 2k+
I would just like to know all the factors that are considered to why they worth so much. not collecting/lvl etc.
only 2 - lvl 1000ā€™s I really see worth a lot on average basis are Mr. Sammy and Krammaster.
well maybe lcnt or scorpio was a lvl 1000 to canā€™t remember but teams way easier than most

edit - scorpio is a lvl 1000 also it seems

Btw, is it convention around here that your forum name matches your in-game name? Because Iā€™m not Lyya in-game (though that would have been nice).

No, I donā€™t think you have to be, and it isnā€™t any sort of tradition or unwritten rule. My name happens to be the same, as you probably know. Now Iā€™m really curious as to who you are in the game!

its not? there is a Lyya in game always assumed that was you :slight_smile:

My names donā€™t match either.

And all this talk about what weā€™re worth in battles makes me wonder about me. Iā€™m Mark in the game. I have seen all the topped players. I think :wink:

Iā€™m qā€™nagali. I would rather be Lyya, truth told, but the game just used my Game Center name and I went with it I guess.