For Mercy's Sake

Originally published at: For Mercy’s Sake – Gems of War
Show a little mercy in this week’s event!

New Troop: Mercy

They say that mercy is the essence of justice, yet if justice is naught BUT mercy, then it it is no justice at all.

With Moloch’s influence overthrown in Whitehelm, it is time for its people to rebuild. Justice has been served, and it is now a time for a reflection. As often happens in the Holy Lands of Whitehelm, the will of the people has manifested itself - this time as the archon, Mercy.

Her mission seems to be to heal the wounded, to cleanse their ailments, and to bring light where there was only darkness.

Mercy may be of help to anyone seeking her services, so keep an eye out for her in Krystara this week.

PVP Icon

PVP Rewards Reminder
With the PVP reset comes payouts in Souls for your efforts on the battlefield against other players. Remember, you’ll have until the next event to climb as high as you can and earn yourself some souls. Here’s what you can earn at each rank:

• * Rank 1: 300 Souls, 2000 Gold, 100 Glory, 10 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 2: 150 Souls, 1500 Gold, 50 Glory, 5 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 3: 80 Souls, 1000 Gold, 40 Glory
  • * Rank 4: 60 Souls, 900 Gold, 30 Glory
  • * Rank 5: 50 Souls, 800 Gold, 20 Glory
  • * Rank 6: 40 Souls, 700 Gold, 10 Glory
  • * Rank 7: 35 Souls, 600 Gold, 5 Glory
  • * Rank 8: 30 Souls, 500 Gold
  • * Rank 9: 25 Souls, 400 Gold
  • * Rank 10: 20 Souls, 300 Gold
  • * Rank 11: 16 Souls, 200 Gold
  • * Rank 12: 12 Souls, 100 Gold
  • * Rank 13: 8 Souls, 50 Gold
  • * Rank 14: 4 Souls, 10 Gold
  • * Rank 15: 1 Gold

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

7 Likes

So the Blessed trait is now +2? Has Cursed been buffed as well?

Fits in well with a Paladin-based Whitehelm deck. Now if only the Templar was a Divine instead of a Knight.

She’s an Archon? Looks nothing like her Statue…

1 Like

Blessed (and Cursed) are still 1 stat point in game. I assume the screenshot is from the 1.0.9 build. Glad both of those are getting changed, suggested as much a while back.

My nitpicking side insists on pointing out that these traits are identical to Priestess’s.

OH. And in-game the description also reads ‘all allies gain 5 armor’ instead of ‘Cleanse all allies’ - that seems a fair bit stronger? Gotta get newer pics in these posts :stuck_out_tongue:

In other news, my only 4-star kingdom will be my only 5-star kingdom in 9 hours… success!

:gem::gem::gem: This Weekly Feedback Report has been slimmed due to rushed creation and poorly researched information. No above-average humor this time (un?)fortunately, apologies! :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:

This Divine being has come down to greet the injured and empower the light.

Mercy is for the weak, her spell solely seek out the most injured ally to give life, she also Cleanses all status’d allies. She follows this up by replacing purple with yellow, Converting all Magic gems into Air.

Her bond with the Divine is strong, while blessing her allies with the will to win. The most upgraded are Empowered with the will to survive to the end!

If you’ve been looking to gift your troops with power from withen, the Arcane Swamp Stone will do the trick! Druid, Green Slime & Treant will thank you! Webspinner will be noticeably less appreciative.

'Til the next one, match you next time!

Next event should totally be blue/purple traitstone. No particular reason… :wink:

1 Like

Nope, no reason. None at all.

Maybe the devs dont want everyone to fully trait a specific creature prior to 1.09 because the traits for that creature will be reworked completely. Say they provided blue/purple in the next event and everyone would run a fully traited - i dont know - abhorath (maybe?) and they rework abhorath in the next patch, albeit they refund the stones used if abhorath gets a rework, the community rage and anger would be over 9000 (for no reason at all!! no irony). So maybe they’ll only make an event with blue/purple after the patch. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Something that has been bothering me for a while is how the regeneration trait is worded:

“Recover 1 life at the start of the each turn”

This is worded in such a way that it could mean 2 things; the turn / each turn.
Would have been cool if this trait worked each turn, meaning it also triggered when the turn goes to the opponent.
Please fix the typo to avoid confusion (and I wouldn’t mind if it worked each turn indeed).

This is fixed in 1.0.9

1 Like

ready for combo Mercy+Valkyrie ^^

2 Likes

Awesome artwork for a pretty cool unit. Looking forward to trying her out, especially since all my teams have been erased - time for new angel blood! :slight_smile:

Don’t forget Alchemist+Mercy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

She doesn’t use yellow.

Rather see:
Archon Statue
Mercy
Valkyrie
Star Gazer

If the picture is from the upcoming update, why will the ‘give all allies 5 armor’ be changed to ‘cleanse all allies’? This a new troop, why can’t it have this ability from the beginning?

Hey guys, we’ll update that image on the blog tomorrow.

The TEXT is correct - she does have Cleanse, but the traits are incorrect - her final trait is Empowered, not Regeneration.
We’re juggling 2 versions of the game at the moment 1.0.9 and 1.0.8, and it turns out that Mercy got caught in the middle of the update, which we’ve corrected before she goes live.

There are a couple of extra status effects (besides Frozen & Barrier) in 1.0.9, so we figured one or more extra options for cleansing would be good.

First 109 preview should be very soon ™ too!

7 Likes

Oh wow, a cleanse all + heal on turn one. That will be fun to use strategically. :slight_smile: That is also the first convert spell that has empowered.

it’s more than that, it becomes a necessity with empowered OMG ^^

1 Like

Right now it isn’t too practical to have dual yellow generators that cover all other colors. However, with the hero update around the corner, a strong yellow weapon like Orpheus’ Discord paired with Summer Imp, Priestess, or Centaur Scout could be pretty decent.

For now:

Shadow Dragon
Shadow Dragon
Alchemist
Mercy