[Fixed] No notifications on Android 11 & 13

Platform, device version and operating system: Android 11

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I want to get notifications.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It doesn’t happen, and that’s the issue.

Steps to make it happen again
I can’t make something not happen.

Additional Information: I had another app do this to me last year when I upgraded to Android 11 from 10.
I found this on the subject: Android 11 changed notifications in a big way: What you should know

A guildmate using Android 10 confirmed they get notifications.

7 Likes

Android 13 also not working after 7.0

Just checked on another device - and confirming @awryan - not working on Android 13 either.

1 Like

Also not working on Android 13 (s23 ultra) and in the app menu I don’t even see notification as an available option. See screenshots of GoW and another app (Gmail)

This is GoW in settings

This is Gmail in settings

3 Likes

Also not working on my device. I noticed Gems of War is now a system app, which is weird…right? I cannot change that it is now blocked

1 Like

I’m getting notifications (Android 9 and Android 12) but they don’t vibrate or produce sound any more, they are just silently appearing on the list of other notifications. I haven’t changed anything in my settings other than update GoW; everything is turned on, vibrate is on, etc.

Same issue here. No “notification” option for Gems of War on Android 13. :thinking:

3 Likes

Also not getting Notifications or the option to turn them on under App Settings in Android 13, Google Pixel 6 Pro.

1 Like

@Bramble Can you please let the devs know about this issue? It is now very inconvenient for us to collect tribute and get pet rescues

Android 12 here: notifications still working as normal for me.

In your apps settings, do you still have notification option like my screenshot for Gmail?

No notifications or even the option anymore on my android phone.

1 Like

It’s truly maddening that someone forgot to check mark a box and now this is happening.

There’s seriously no over sight and yet more ways way to waste money on the game are available.

(For those that don’t know there should be an area for notifications like:

)

Just a new way to fight the gem inflation :surfing_man:

So we have the same issue. They probably forgot to update to Android 13 API which is my guess. But it was working before so I am intrigued

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for providing screencaptures.

I’ve let the development team know about this issue!

5 Likes

So i posted befire but maybe my issue is different so heres more words…

In my app permissions settings Gems of War does not show up until i click to show system apps. Gems of War is not a system app.

I do not have the option to Allow notifications for Gems of War now. It was not like this before the update. I did not change any settings and now i do not have have the option. There is a toggle but it will not move. I cannot change this, i have checked under every app or notification setting my phone has.

3 Likes

Mine sometimes do, sometimes don’t. Sometimes the tribute notification appears when I’m in the game and playing, and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes I get pet rescue notification when I’m in the game, sometimes I don’t. The daily event notifications (class trial, arena, etc.) disappeared altogether, even though they are turned on in the app settings…

Before 7.0, that wasn’t the problem - all notifications went through.

1 Like

Please, fix it

2 Likes

Can i get my notifications back please? I know it doesnt matter to the devs, they dont play but i guess it just makes it easier to walk away…was that the plan here…:thinking:

5 Likes