[Fixed] No notifications on Android 11 & 13

I’ve been reduced to setting 1 hour timers for tributes lol

I’m also on android 13, but the OnePlus version. In the settings it just looks like Gems of War has no notifications at all.

1 Like

Any word on this yet?

@Kafka @Jeto @Nimhain

This appears to have been ninja-fixed. There’s an update available in Google Play Store. After downloading the update I was able to turn notifications back on.

With thanks to Nighthorns for pointing out that there’s a new version in the Play Store.

3 Likes

Likely the update went live before the devs could get the word out.

I just got my first notification after updating (Android 12), everything is back to producing sound and vibrating when necessary. Thanks for the fix, ninja-or-not-ninja! Much appreciated.

Alpaca

2 Likes

Confirmed my notification is back after the ninja update (Android 13)

1 Like

Now its working, thank you

1 Like

Thanks for the fix.

The notifications are gone again, the last one I got was 30.07, nothing today - no weekly event notification, no pet notifications, no hourly tribute notification. Everything is turned on, both inside the app and in the system.

I am on IOS and just noticed today that I am not getting notifications either - same issue, in phone settings, the ability to access notifications for the app just isn’t there despite all ticks in-game being active.

Android 13 here with NO notification at all…

Hello, :slight_smile:

For Android + IOS

• Can someone please send screencaptures of the system notifications menu?

As for IOS

• What version OS are you running?
  • What type of device do you have?
1 Like

Android 12
Samsung Galaxy S10+

Some more details: before 7.0, when I had the game open on Steam, tribute notifications pinged every hour on the phone, on the dot. After 7.0, first the notifications disappeared altogether. Now I get pinged only if I manually dismiss tribute notification on the phone - otherwise the next one doesn’t go off. If I don’t dismiss the latest tribute notification on the phone, pet rescue notification won’t ping either. It may very well appear on the phone - but it will be a silent notification only, just appearing, no vibration, no sound. If I have an undismissed tribute notification, the daily reset event notification (pet, class trial, what not) - will also either NOT appear at all, or appear as silent - no ping, no vibration. Pet rescues from guild mates - same thing. If I let the game sit open in the background on Steam but I’m not actively playing and I don’t dismiss the latest tribute notification - no guild-triggered pet rescue notification appears (and even if it does - silent only).

Also: if I’m on the phone only, steam shut down, I collect tribute but don’t dismiss the notification (meaning: leaving game, going to main screen, dismissing notification), the next tribute notification is also silent - no ping, no vibration.

Which is exactly what the notifications are for - for alerting you that tribute is ready, that a guild mate got a pet rescue going… If I’m in explore, or PvP, I don’t go back to main map every 5 minutes to check whether a tribute is waiting - the phone ping used to take care of that. Now it doesn’t ping, unless I make sure to dismiss the previous notification. Please, fix that.

There was no Android update before 7.0 GoW and after, so this is not system change but GoW change.

On my other phone, with Android 9, it’s now the same: all notifications on, if the notification isn’t actually dismissed - new notifications don’t vibrate or ping.