[Fixed] No art for tinker town troops!

My thoughts exactly 5 minutes after firing up GoW this morning. I’m positive devs will rerun the event next week after fixing the new troops, in its current state it is simply unplayable.

Samsung Galaxy A40 here.

i hope not, i spent gems on potion of power already… i hope it can be fixed either today or tomorrow

I’ll cross my fingers for you, but the official statement we had is that this issue will be looked into on Monday, so I wouldn’t get my hopes too high. Also, the only other time something was broken with a new faction (missing rewards from last room of Amanithrax IIRC), we didn’t get a fix until Monday, so times check.

1 Like

Still in beta…
I play as best as I can I guess.

I was getting ready to memorize what mana colors each troop has and recognize them from that. But when they’re powered up… Guess which troop I have in first slot here:

And this in a delve with a summoner, the troops will be coming and going all the time :sob:

@Kafka I appreciate you doing what you can. This is … really unfortunate :frowning:

I would say the odds of that are slim to none. Too many complications, many gems were already spent, people demanding refunds to try again…

1 Like

TBH, judging from the situation, and even more in the light of the additional issues you brought up, I was thinking that refunding any gems already spent on the event was a given.

You are being overly optimistic. The best we gonna get is a mail on Monday with some gems/gold as compensation

Also no annoucement about new faction.
Is @Saltypatra ok ?

I still play the faction event… looking at the black troops I can still see the mana colors…lol… so it might be doable

Just adding to the report
Same issue, Xiaomi Mi A2 stock Android One OS from Google.

And completely missing images (tinker town x4 + Daemon Gnome) like 3rd image from littleblueducktales

Same image distortions as Mitamata

As soon as I cast a spell or anything, one, two or three images shrink vertically leaving a black gap at the bottom

If it’s not an easy fix and it clearly was/is a known issue on android devices, why release the new faction anyway? This game doesn’t have the best accessibility options anyway, but with no art work showing it’s unplayable for most players but it gets even more unplayable for players with a visual handicap like myself.

So if it is not fixable during the weekend what is the solution? And only gem compensation won’t do, I want to be able to complete the faction during the event. Which I really can’t do now.

I use Huawei P30 lite.
Thank you for investigating

And this is why the only acceptable solution IMO is an event rerun next weekend.

Simply make any potion bought this weekend count also for the rerun (i.e. next week automatically unlock the shop tiers already bought this weekend), and you won’t even have to deal with refunds. Debatable if you should also keep the progress towards rewards, or reset it (allowing players to reap again rewards as compensation).

Can’t be that hard, and I believe it will make everyone content.

Good news! Thankfully one of the programmers was able to fix the issue (including the one with the Daemon Gnome). If you restart your game the art should download now :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Tried to reload the game several times. Right now the problem has been fixed.

1 Like

I just would like to know what kind of solution is in the works. Otherwise I may have to ask one of my guild friends to play pure faction 500 on sunday.

And a screenshot to show how stupid it looks. This is from a Samsung Galaxy S8+

I just downloaded the new assets and now Daemon Gnome and Tinker Town troops have their pictures.
Android Samsung S8+.
I was playing on PC, logged off as soon I saw new assets downloading. And then I enter on phone and the message “new assets will be downloaded” and bang, new pics for troops.
Thank You!

To be clear we did not know this was going to happen, if we did we would have rescheduled the Faction Assault for Tinker Town instead of releasing it. But thankfully it was able to be fixed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thnx for the quick fix. I normally don’t react much here, if I want to explain some of my other mildly annoying accessibility issues where can I do that? I prefer not to do it openly on the forums because I need to explain what my handicap actually is.

Screenshot of your successful fix:

2 Likes

The feedback section is the best place for accessibility issues, thanks!

3 Likes