[Fixed] Another reset related bug: you can find 20 kingdom battlecrasher every day

Just post it with the warning that it might be deemed an ‘exploit’ by the devs, so if people start using it they could end up banned

1 Like

It is their programming they need to fix first. I don’t consider it cheating as you do not need any tools to make it happen. Just play around reset time.

1 Like

Deliberately taking advantage of a flaw in programming even without tools can be an exploit. To be clear, I’m not criticising anything or anyone here, just flagging that in the past the devs have come down hard on what they consider exploits. Might not happen this time, but forewarned is forearmed

2 Likes

I think you care more than the Devs care about this bug. I have been waiting for their response, but got you instead.

1 Like

The list of things the devs care about seems to be an ever-shrinking one!

1 Like

If you don’t go to the forum, you don’t even know there is a limit per day, so it could seem normal. So It’s the dev’s problem, not our.

5 Likes

If it’s the same bug that allowed me to get 1 extra battlecrasher at reset, then I can confirm that it can be done on Steam too.
I didn’t bother going for more, and haven’t been awake at reset again since then to try.

I have seen a lot of people knowing the bug and no response from the dev. I have edited the title of the forum post and the first message with how to recreate the bug

I find it interesting that Jeto responded to my guild mates post about Delve kingdom power levels, but not this one.

From how you describe it, it doesn’t sound that one gains extra battlecrashers. Avoid losses by delaying daily reset check - yes; but find more than you should? - no.

While it could be 20 per specific world day, it’s still 10 per game day, that is - reset screen to reset screen.
Suppose you start hunting on Monday 5 minutes before Tuesday reset, finish hunting sometime into Tuesday, trigger daily reset and immediately find another 10 for Tuesday. Now you shouldn’t encounter any until after Wednesday reset screen is triggered, right?
It’s not like you get daily reset, find 10, wait for next daily reset to approach, find another 10 during the same game day (before next reset screen) and then let the new game day flip over?

No becouse in my exemple (I will edit to clear this) you start with the counter capped and you get 2 reset, the bug is in the game is used by someone and you have someone here wo told you is working. Trust me

1 Like

It sort of is like that. The counter resets twice, an implicit reset when the day rolls over and an explicit reset when you trigger the new day. Lurking in explore first gets you the reset for the day rolling over, then gets you another reset once you leave explore mode and receive all your daily updates.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s something…then the concern is understandable.

Hey folks,

We’ve just deployed a fix for this as well as a couple of other fixes (missing Campaign Stars and Kingdom Power on Factions).

Thank you very much for reporting this.

The team investigated and found this issue with the daily reset to be unrelated to the Guild Wars defence team bonus point issue, which we are still looking into and will have an official news post about before the end of the week.

10 Likes

Nice to see!

If you had build in the (must have) visual daily counter, you would have found this bug by yourself for sure…

1 Like

Shouldn’t you be posting this in a thread aimed at the GW bug? Not everyone reads every bug report.

1 Like

I already said in that thread I would post info before the Guild Wars started, so this is nothing new.

16days ago was your last post. 118 replies to that thread since then - customers asking for a response.

If you don’t see an issue with that…

10 Likes

It’s nice to see some bugs are finally fixed but really, this one made it to the top of the list? I can’t help but feel this one was escalated only because it benefited players.

I’m sure some bugs are more difficult than others to fix, and some may need a client update. But I’m also sure that there are equally ‘easy’ bugs to fix in the long list of bugs, or at least band-aid fixes that could be applied. Like the Born of X traits breaking the game.

6 Likes