Fix the Console AI new people dropping like flies

Thanks for your reply, Your fine I was half joking :wink:. …and already half ‘flared up’ all on my own up after another loss Justice today based on the starting board. Then I read the “hope will help” post.

The point I was making and @stan as well, is they were ‘tweaking’ things on PC that don’t behave anywhere near the same with the console AI.

I’m looking for words like the following: thoroughly tested, confirmed, resolved, identified, eliminated. Not words like: hope, should, etc.

3 Likes

LOl i understand like i said they got 2 more tries to fix it 3.1 and 3.1.5 :slight_smile:

And i hope 3.1 is the good one

1 Like

Then I will stick with this.

They said console is getting the same thing pc has as far as gem creation. PC players say gem creators now whiff a lot more since they can create on an existing color gem so you don’t always get a match 3 much less a match 4.

I have nothing else to add.

2 Likes

I totally agree.

3 Likes

Devs almost always say “should” simply because it allows for unexpected bugs - don’t read too much into it.

Unfortunately it sticks people between Scylla and Charybdis: if they say “should”, then people get upset because they want absolute certainty…but if they say “will”, then any bug / delay / unavoidable issue makes people lose their minds and scream about the devs being liars.

Stop nitpicking the language and simply take the assurance that it’s being worked on.

3 Likes

This is a major issue. You do understand this problem has been occurring on console longer than half a year? Its not new, far from it. It deserves far more attention than an casual “should hopefully” be fixed.

3 Likes

You completely missed my point. The word “should” does not imply low priority, lack of concern, or lack of understanding on the devs’ part. Nitpicking semantics will do nothing but inflame people further for no reason.

3 Likes

@Amadan
I don’t think you play on console so you don’t understand the magnitude and duration of problem. I really wish everyone could have shared in the console fun this entire year. I made a capture while farming Glory in PvP a few minutes ago, unfortunately my auto-capture was only set to :30 seconds so you will only see a portion of the AI’s turn on 4x speed and not its full move.

I’m not nitpicking words, I’m pointing out flippant, casual care free responses to a major issue is not the way to handle things. A care free response to things like “when are we going to get x Mythic?” is playful and the correct attitude.

Unfortunately some console players used incorrect terminology in the first few months when reporting this issue. However, now the developers have identified the problem, and I would like this to be RESOLVED with the next client update. And would love to see some real confidence of their solution around this particular issue.

Witness the beatdown at the hands of Justice League:

2 Likes

I mean…

You literally are nitpicking words. The problem has been confirmed; the devs are working on it; a fix is forthcoming; you’re continuing to be upset with the actual words they used. If they said the words “absolutely positively will be 100% fixed by noon on Sunday”, then you’d be calling for their blood if it wasn’t fixed by 12:05 - hence, they say “should”.

1 Like

Ok, I suggest you read my statement above more carefully, If English isn’t your 1st language, then I see the problem. In addition watch the video as you are unfamiliar with the issue that has been occurring on console since February (or earlier?) . I did NOT call for a specific timeframe anywhere, even once. I did NOT call for crazy blood ritual at five minutes past the Midnight hour.

@Saltypatra statement “should hopefully help with the likelihood”. Does not translate to your statement: “a fix is forthcoming”. Not even close.

This is a big problem on console, you quoted my words above, I’m not looking for a verbatim quote, I used those words as example of confident statements that the developers would make if they did their proper due diligence to ensure its ACTUALLY RESOLVED with the next update they submit.

Oh, and review the console specific issue again if you need to: there are dozens of thread on this forum, and thousands of comments about this on the Xbox clubs. Or my video above that clearly demonstrates the issue.

2 Likes

Strat is on the money. If anything his viewpoint is understated.

The deliberate failure to do anything about the exploit has made console as boring as can be imagined.

The cycle remains frequently unstoppable. Guild wars is 75% this team every day.

The only skill in the GW game is trying to max points and beat the same team every day.

The exploders still 1 fill cpu famine, and the developers have largely abandoned console.

Without famine - yes 1 card - out of the deck your options are extremely limited. What was a good game has been ruined for months by its designers. Reducing the buff for weekly event teams has only increased the 2 long identified problems.

Arguably the game is designed to protect those that pay the most because mythics follow vip, and most high payers are in the top guilds. Its about as subtle as a brick in its current design setup despite assertions to the contrary.

As for the bringing platform things in line - well console still is waiting for the last new kingdom so that makes plain that assertion is just as empty.

All in all each week now is the same as the last - boring.

5 Likes

@Amadan is, in fact, correct. We use the words like “should” just in case anything goes wrong with deployment.

There is a fix incoming which I have stated in various threads a number of times. Unfortunately, it has come later to console, and part of that reason is due to a prolonged approval process which PC and Mobile are not subject too.

The problem in question has been reported to us diligently in the past and we will be implementing a fix that “should” see the prevalence of this team decrease. Instead of nerfing the troops, we have addressed the underlying issues that have caused this team to gain such a foothold and sought to correct them.

We are doing our best to make the game as enjoyable as possible, and hopefully these changes will affect the end game meta and never ending loop caused by the Justice/Mab/Valkyrie combo.

6 Likes

I just hope it rolls out soon alot of my guild is starting to get to higher level’s and more frequently encountering Meta teams like Keberos, Forest guardian, Giant spider, Keberos, and The dreaded Korvash, Valkyrie Justice, Mab. I couldn’t tell you how many gems we’ve spent dodging these. Also a level 150 player with 1 kingdom at ten Shouldn’t be seeing level 1000+ ppl full traits and all kingdoms really troops with total 30 stats against troops with total 70 + stats it’s depression to lower level players who need Gold to level kingdoms

2 Likes

A simple change could have been implemented months ago, but it was ignored. That mistake was acknowledged and posted here by the developers.

You have not done your best for console - you can assert or pretend otherwise if it suits you - which it does now - but the facts remain the same.

You have the made game boring for months on console. There is no platform uniformity and the famine fill is back.

Unfortunately a simple change could have been implemented for this issue. We don’t want to treat the symptom, we want to treat the cause, which takes longer both to isolate and to solve.

Platform uniformity has regrettably taken longer than anticipated due to unforeseen circumstances, but we are actively working on getting console and PC/Mobile in line. This is why we are starting to have more synced events, as console are very nearly caught up to PC/Mobile. Console will also be getting Urskaya with the next update as well as keeping their accelerated mythic schedule until they are in line.

4 Likes

Perhaps somebody “should” test it to see if works, before it goes through approval/deployment. As opposed to hoping it affect the issue.

That would be the pc players but we’ve also heard what they have had to say.

1 Like

We have tested it internally (of course! :slight_smile: ) but you never know, it might play out a little differently on a much bigger scale.

1 Like

Does it mean you will release on all platforms at the same time and so on, PC/Mobile players will also have to wait for the Sony/Microsoft’s approval?

Content will be in synch, but pc mobile will always get patch a few days early.
Fingers crossed, but after next patch…