Fist of Fury

It’s not intentional that they aren’t offering the new weapon. It’s the same old weapon available every time.

1 Like

You are taking about other people buying it right? I can’t imagine you ever not buying one of those weapons.

I didn’t buy it when it first came out but I don’t really care anyway. Mang is usually better anyway.

Strong disagree. Mang is an “all eggs in one basket” weapon. Earth’s Fury spreads the attack gain across the entire team, so it’s safer if your hero dies (as is common enough in scaling game modes).

5 Likes

Earth Fury’s also helps troops that have spells boosted by attack, like Cyclops that belongs to the same kingdom.

Anyone can use a knife as screwdriver depending of the situation, or sharpen up a fork until you can shave your beard, but it’s better to have different and specific tools for better results.

6 Likes

I’m going to retract my earlier statements along the lines of “oh god an empowered skull transformer”. Its no more brain-dead than the rest of the “Mercy clones” as far as using it. In theory, skulls are actually less common on the board, so the odds of having a starting board that’s perfect are lower.

And if you do have a good starting board, you get some skulls and do some damage and … then what. You haven’t gotten much in the way of mana, you stall. Which isn’t what happens with Mercy and Tai-Pan and so on - those ones, you get a good board and combo everything to death instantly.

So this one is fine, yep.

1 Like

I used Mang in ToD and only lost once. I have Earth’s Fury on my second account but still use Mang over it when I need that type of weapon.

Earth’s Fury is better for those type of teams but I still think Mang is far superior in skull spam teams.

An advantage of Earth’s Fury is that it gives Enrage. It depends on what you’re attacking - if its stuff like Silent Sentinel then you’d be wise to have Enrage. There’s also the splash damage it has that can take out barriers in Invasion - plus in Invasion you can use EF to buff the siegebreaker’s firepower, which you can’t do with Mang.

2 Likes

This was exactly my knee-jerk line of thought.

Immediately I was like “OH NO BROKEN” but then I asked myself how many times I feel like I’ve got a board with enough skulls to do something terrible on turn 1. Heck, I don’t feel like even Mercy or Tai-Pan has a turn 1 move more than about 15% of the time.

That said, keeping this in stock as the follow-up to something else that makes a lot of skulls like a doomed weapon seems very good. So Empowered maybe wasn’t super necessary, but I bet this troop’s going to find a home on a few teams anyway.

I like troops like this because I can’t tell how good they are without playing with them a lot.

1 Like

Also RE: Earth’s Fury:

I want to say something cynical and terrible but here’s the only real hopeful thing I can think of instead:

I’ve noted the devs are most quiet in the moments leading up to actually addressing a serious player concern. They’ve been exceptionally silent on this issue for weeks. I’m starting to think 4.3 has something that will help with this issue.

If it doesn’t, I will join anyone in making a noisier, uglier stink than we did before. I can’t think of a feature I really want out of 4.3 for me, so I’d love to see this feature that helps other people.

1 Like

They call the event Fist of “Fury”… And knowingly make Earth “Fury” unavailable this week.

The troll is strong in you devs. :+1:

2 Likes

Here’s mine with Earth fury. (Lost 2 times)

Show me it’s better. :grinning:

(I myself underestimated Earth Fury until I started using it.)

Mang can be a lot faster, provided the hero survives. Earth’s Fury is safer and “spreads the wealth” so you’re not sunk if the hero goes down. I generally prefer the latter, but Mang can often beat EF for raw speed.

Very disappointing, in general acquiring weapons for new players is very disheartening.

1 Like

New players should strongly consider different games.

The power structure of GoW has always favored people who are already established. A lot of games develop “catch up” mechanics over time to address the problems that occur when new players have to attain more and more to compete. New players have to fight tooth and nail for years to get “catch up” features in GoW.

5 Likes