Festival of the Sun

Wait since they listed the numbers above does that mean that the scoring rewards are no longer random or is it just for this event? Or are those just the minimums and it is still random? Man I really hope it’s a fixed number for every future World Event. Random scoring like in Council of clans (that weren’t even affected by how well you do in the battle) was awful.

1 Like

They said in the past that scoring will be different for different events. Looks like it’s fixed and predictable this time, maybe in response to the outrage last time. Hopefully this will be better received and they’ll stick with it in the future.

I think it’s a step in the right direction, but there’s still a layer of RNG since the battles are randomly chosen. I’m not a fan.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is only an improvement in that we now know which of the battles to prioritize if there’s a choice. But different people having different opportunities still stinks.

1 Like

Bright forest has some great options at least. Tricksters shot could come in handy for the super high level fights.

1 Like

This is excellent. Thank you for fixing the RNG component of these events.

Nevermind.

There will still be a huge luck component to how many points one can earn per sigil since the points earned varies from 4 points to 34 points. The average fight is worth 21.5 points but with a standard deviation of 15 points for a coefficient of variation of 69.8%.

If you’re not familiar with statistics, THIS IS GIGANTIC and shows that there will be a huge spread in points gained per sigil spent. In stats, I would consider anything above 30% coefficient of variation to not be repeatable over small numbers of events. Expect to possibly need to spend hundreds or thousands of gems across the entire guild due to bad luck.

It is possible this also means your guild will be very lucky and not need to spend that many gems to finish the event, but we’ll see based on what the score requirements are tomorrow.

8 Likes

I think the level of reception is going to be based on the average required purchase. The calculated average requirement of 1350-1850 Gems per person last time around was absolutely asinine and I think the absurdly small number of guilds who actually finished the event sent a pretty clear signal that costs like that won’t just be mindlessly swallowed.

With scores varying from 4 points to 34 points per battle, there is still a huge RNG factor this time around. The OP doesn’t state how many battles will be on the map at the same time (1 battle? 3 battles? 10 battles?) only that there are 5 possible battles…and the highest-value battle is worth more than 8 times the points of the lowest-value battle.

I really hate this random stuff. How are we supposed to even try to establish event participation guidelines for our guilds with all this randomness? They’re team events! I wish the devs would just let us treat them as such and plan for them the way we can with the original group of events.

3 Likes

So no new troop or weapon for this event? Looks like a zero gem buy-in for me then.

Maybe tier 2 just to make the battles go quicker.

8 Likes

What Fleg said. ^

4 Likes

decisions… decisions…

16 Likes

Oooh, do Cat Sith’s Cave!

10 Likes

Couldn’t find this anywhere in the event itself: surely it wasn’t important enough to include in the UI somewhere?

Maybe I’m just bad at finding it, and the info is actually clearly stated: either way I guess I’ll be having to inform my guild about it.
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

Are there any tokens in the shop purchases? I’m not seeing any listed, just some text about them.

1 Like

Heads up everyone,

There’s currently an issue with the Festival of The Sun Leaderboard, it’s currently showing Guilds however this is an individual event. The fix for the leaderboard to make it a Leaderboard of Individual players will go out shortly.

6 Likes

Yes, there are tokens in the shop, as listed under the tier name.

1 Like

But I like it as guild based :frowning:

1 Like

Dang, right you are. I need a coffee. :sleeping:

Only the battle I finish changes each time. The other 4 are forever level 10 cat battles. Think I’ll stop until this gets fixed.

That might actually be intentional.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not going to start the event until we get confirmation either way. Thanks @Sossitch