So I’m the co-leader of the almost 2-year old Hoguns guild with my wife (she’s technically the guild leader but let’s pretend, like she does, that I’m in charge lol). Having been a GoW player for so long, I am almost euphoric with the state of the game after 2.1 with the almost sole exception of guild administration features. To bastardize the quote: 2.1 giveth and 2.1 taketh away, at least regarding guild management.
The new sorting features in the roster are a godsend, but the feature(s) I was hoping most to see in 2.1 were painfully absent; namely improved inter-guild communication. Not only that but I have yet to see any indication from the devs that they are in the works (it’s entirely possible I’ve also just missed a post, if so please just let me know).
So that made me curious what other guild leaders were hoping to see in 2.1 that didn’t make the cut? What are the missing features you’d add into GoW if you could?
For me, as I stated above, the biggest features I’d love to see (heck I’d pay money for) are #1-5 below, #6+ are additional suggestions from other players:
1. Guild-wide notifications (access restricted to the two highest guild positions)
2. Private messaging (I’m assuming this is planned for the Friend’s List)
3. Bring back and expand the Guild notifications (that showed who donated, who joined/left the guild, etc.) so that notifications are sortable by type and the log has at least 24 hours of activity
4. Fix guild chat (i.e., all the bugs like missing messages or chat just not updating, etc.)
5. Guild chat notification (so players know when there are unread messages)
6. Bigger announcement board (currently the character limit is too small)
7. Clickable names in Guild Chat - take you directly to private chat or messaging
8. Add a Guild Bulletin Board - give guilds more space to communicate; i.e. sticky notes for things like weekly goals, etc.
9. Unfinished Task gold should be applied to the next week’s tasks instead of returned to all members
10. Log more player activities - Show last login and last activity
11. Seals earned while in a guild should automatically be credited to that guild without requiring player interaction
12. Add an indicator for which task guild members should be contributing to - like a star on the task
13. Add additional means to give members recognition - Other than chat & promotions, add a means for GM’s to give players recognition for things like exceptional activity. This could be highlighted names in chat/roster or symbols by their names. These would last 7 days and then automatically reset.
14. Give players an option to set allowing/disallowing invites from guilds. - This would replace the current invite system so when a player decided they wanted to find a (new) guild, they would set this to “allow” and then guilds could send them invites regardless of if the player was currently in a guild or not.
15. Add Invite messaging. -This would allow GM’s to add a message to Guild invites
16. Add last week’s stats to the sortable options in the Guild Roster -This would make it so much easier for GM’s to see what the actual stats were from the previous week (for those of us using spreadsheets) and/or allow them to compare them to the current week
17. The ability to add or remove guild ranks and give custom permissions
18. The ability to set the minimum player level to any level between 1-10,000 for open enrollment
19. Give GM’s the ability to reward guild members with items from their (the GM’s) own loot - Like maps, diamonds, traitstones, keys or gold
20. Add running totals to the Guild Roster for guild wide totals for the week so far - At the bottom or top of the roster, give a running total for all the contributions given that week so far; this would allow people to easily see how the guild is doing as a whole so far that week.
21. A weekly exported data sheet listing all guild and guild member related stats -This could either be automatically emailed to GMs or manually requested and then emailed (either should work fine from a GM standpoint)
Agree? Disagree? Is anything missing?
Note: Many (possibly all) of these are included in @Studs General QoL Post (here: List of Quality of Life Improvements) but I wanted a post specifically about the pain points GM’s deal with and the improvements we’d love to see to address those points.