Feedback on the new Explore

No, I don’t believe that’s what he’s talking about. Here’s a more detailed description of the problem:

You start an Explore run in Broken Spire on difficulty level 1 because you’re farming wins for a class weapon. You eventually gain 100+ Mythstones and unlock the boss battle, but you don’t want to fight the boss on difficulty 1 because you’ll get worse reward than if you fought it on difficulty 12. There’s no easy way to opt out of a boss fight in the current system. Also, if you start another Explore difficulty 1 in another Kingdom, all you’re going to do is unlock another boss fight and get stuck again.

As noob pointed out, the only thing you can do is complete the boss battle in another Kingdom (lowering your Mythstones below 100) at your desired difficulty. Then when you return to Broken Spire, it lets you opt out of the boss fight because you don’t have enough Mythstones left. After that you can continue farming your difficulty 1 Explore.

So, my point still stand. If you want a higher lvl boss battle ( which yield better reward) you have to go throught a series of higher lvl explore battles, which is harder

That wasn’t the point. He doesn’t want to be “forced” to do a difficulty 1 boss battle just because he has over 100 Mythstones.

The system already allows you to basically skip a boss fight if you use up the Mythstones in another Kingdom, and fall below 100. Why not just give us that option from the menu?

3 Likes

How many gems a new player should spend to these shops to get enough ?
And I’m sure this new player will prefer to spend gems to get troops or other stuff than the class event shop.

Now there is 28 classes so you need around 140k cxp to level up all classes.
It’s a lot and I’m afraid that players will just give up and leave the game better than doing 140k battles…

I think you are wrong with your logic:

• 2cxp was first at all given in PVP
  • also to other difficult events like Raid Boss/Delve
  • it was reduced to 1 in Arena because it was never intended as arena is not PVP
  • Explore/Quest/Challenge was still at 1cxp (no PVP)
  • it was upped to 2 in challenge because there was some players asking for it. I guess that devs thought “oh there are a limited number of battles so let’s give 2cxp like players want”

The ergonomic is pretty :poop: in this new Explore:

• why should I choose Difficulty 12 again and again? The 1st button on the left should let me change the difficulty and be disabled after launching an Explore. And the icon (ie the white panther) should be the icon that I choose (red skull with wings in D12 for example)
  • 2nd button should be enabled and when I click on it, it starts the Explore
  • another button should be added to give up an Explore like in Delve so no more popup every time I lost one of the 4 1st battles
  • (optional) remove the Boss Chest button and show the tokens in the Mythic battle rewards

Otherwise as said elsewhere, the number of tokens should be increased. 2-3 tokens for D12 seem not rewarding at all… 12 tokens should be great :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

My only complaint is the troops having a % chance of medal being effective
Seems unnecessary especially with the tokens found being heavily weighted

Also, the way certain stat increases for troops via medal attachments are useless
Magic boost doesn’t help a lot of troops that have it

1 Like

Today I felt like being over my obsessive exploring on difficulty 12 and wanted to farm some souls again (my old mission) to be close to the needed 1 million… some day. I changed Warlord to III in casual pvp and went exploring and nothing… no soul increase. -.-

I used Explore to farm souls on WL III every now and then, since I play, and now this feature has been silently removed? It was still possible end of last week. Is that a bug?

I can’t use a soul farm team in pvp, esp not on WL III.

New explore is a simple concept… end game players go 12 and hit the mythic boss with power. Same old story. Harder for new players as with everything else. But hey…that’s what this game is.

This patch is leaving a sour taste in my mouth every step i take to catch up i am feel as thou i am being constantly set back as i see it i will never approach my goals so i intend on slowing my pace on certain aspects of my focus as things will just come in time and then a new gap will be added.

Well, that’s the nature of games like these. They’re always going to add new content, and ideally, that content can’t be finished immediately so endgame players don’t blow right through it a week after it’s released.

The difficulty pickers are in the process of being removed from the game. It was a bug that the Casual PvP difficulty affected new Explore. The impact on soul farming is a “feature”.

Pretty rediculous considering how in the same patch that removed soul farming from the game, they also added a need for millions more souls. Anyone who wasn’t already sitting on millions of extra souls it’s totally screwed.

Voq is correct. I do the boss battles at level 12. I don’t want to forced to do the boss battle at level 1, because the rewards are not worth it. The reason I was on level 1 was to farm wins to get a class weapon.

Btw, you can earn wins towards class weapon by assigning hero to team and using four normal troops. You don’t earn class xp though.

2 Likes

I liked the bug -.-

Do you know if there are plans to bring some feature back for soul farming?
(I’m glad I didn’t waste res in crafting 3 Pharos Ras yet.)

Explore is mainly about grinding tokens and arcanes at lvl 12 for decent gold with ur most consistent big stat killer team. This doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good class boost opportunity, unless you’re still maxing the big guns. If you’re boosting weaker classes (and there are many) then a lower level explore might be more appropriate, although of course the tokens take longer to attain. But at least you get 2 class xp per fight, unlike challenges. And some classes are lame in pvp for high tier fights. Boost weaker classes every event before the difficulty scales to uncomfortable levels before changing to something a bit more resilient. Avoid using classes you’ve already maxed whenever possible; never in dungeon or AB for example.

It’s the other way around, unless you misspoke. Challenges give 2 exp while Explore gives 1.

1 Like

I think it’s still a fast grindy way to bang out class XP, slow tokens is still > 0 tokens.

That said, it’s ~2500 matches at 2XP and ~5000 matches at 1 XP to max a class, and I’d argue I’m still more excited about the rewards from 5000 PvP matches vs. 5000 Explore matches.

Correct…my mistake. Challenges are indeed 2xp. That’s why I’ve been boosting weaker classes up to about level VII then switching to something more capable to finish the remainder. Explore xp is kind of irrelevant because I usually use a class I’ve already maxed because it’s more likely to get the job done at level 12. Probably the main reason I’ve put explore on the back burner; that and the fact that I’ve got about 7 cedric medals but not a single nysha token so far. For me, nysha tokens make ascension orbs appear commonplace.

@Slypenslyde…I agree with you on the pvp vs explore situation. Whilst I would ideally like 3 of all medals for global boost, I’ve given up on that for now. I probably will do more explore when epic tasks land in 4.7. It’s not like I will be needing pvp gold for ETs and LTs for the majority of the month, although the epic ingots for 50 plus LB position still hold appeal.

2 Likes