Faction Expansion – All-Seeing Eye

Nice that the troops colours got changed.

Shame the 3rd trait remains the same, that trait is entirely useless in delves.

1 Like

I don’t think this is necessary, but if it is — Please not blue! the paladin uses blue (and so could block it). Brown being “wrong” color compared to the banner is way better than being color blocked.

Because it’s very easy to just choose a different banner instead of faction banner, not perfect design sure but not a big deal

If for some reason changing the wisp has to happen, Green is the best option. Don’t give the devs bad ideas!

If anything needs to change id say leave the wisp and just change the banner to minus green but that would replicate the dark court banner (there is an example of easy alternate banner to choose! No big deal)

Doesn’t every Faction have one troop that can potentially be mana-blocked because it uses both of its faction colors? Rattigar, Cloakmantle, Bone Golem, Leaninsidhe, etc…

Yes you are right. For Umbral Nexus that troop is the legendary, Umbral Portal (yellow/purple)

But Blue is what I would call a “secondary” color in the faction, in that it’s not on the banner / 2 restricted colors for troops in delve. It would be unusual to have two faction troops share a color not on the banner. I’m not aware of any other faction where two troops share a “secondary” color (willing to be proven wrong)

Even if it weren’t unusual for that design reason to change to blue, many PF strategies for this one run the paladin up front as meat shield with the wisp(s) behind as the only real source of dmg, and even half mana blocking the wisp I think would make the PF much harder

TL;DR: Leave the wisp alone!! Or make it purple/green. Blue is bad, m’kay

Isn’t the Burning Ocularen supposed to be dropping from portals since today? I opened a bunch and didn’t get a single one.

1 Like

According to the announcement, Burning Ocularen should be in the drop pool.

Still, noone in my Guild Family has reported getting it.

My explation is, only the players here can count to four.

7 Likes

haha yeah. we have had this before of course with mythics etc and when they SHOULD be in chests. Unless hard programmed it requires dev interaction. And that means setting aside a croissant momentarily.

Hey all,

Appreciate your patience! Burning Ocularen is releasing in the next 24 hours into Chaos Portals.:sparkles:
Unfortunately, we were unable to push this through last week as the team were prioritising investigating and getting fixes as soon as possible for the various issues that arose.

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

8 Likes

Thanks for letting us know… But there is one tiny problem…

We waited days and days for communication from you guys to let us know whats going on with the missing troop…

In the link I gave above, 11 posts in 7 days and your recent post is the first communication regarding the missing troop…

Thats insane! It would be nice if you guys posted within first 3 days saying that yes, there is a problem and you are trying to figure it out… We spend thousands of shards and waiting for you guys to reply and we hear nothing til now…

15 Likes

Yeah this sort of thing is getting a lot worse really and its very disappointing.

This is a case where you have given us a date of release, 4 weeks after being available in an event. We even waited an extra 3 days just in case the weekly reset would effect the drop pools.

This is always players having to waste resources attempting to work out what is inside the lootboxes. This is happening so much more frequently.
We need a live drop table for all chests ingame.

Its there now at least

20 Likes

I got one too in 1st pull. Ocularengate is over.

1 Like

Does this mean Crypt hound will be in portals on Friday or is it a gem only opportunity? At least until someone activates it within portals after ‘x’ number of weeks. If its a new faction troop it should be in portals as soon as the new deep delve launches. As for those who have completed these factions already, spending copious gems to get the new guy is untenable. Few return to do delves already completed at pure 500. So its either a gem sink option or an ascension orb sink by design.
EDIT
gargoyle gems are of zero benefit with a crypt keeper pure team unless we can match doomskulls. I just dont see the logic. It was the same with sunken fleet…more chances to frustrate the player sacrificing hours to prevail.

The new troop is shop only and should be in portals 4 weeks later.

1 Like

With respect, the question I asked was directly to @Jeto. The whole unavailability of the extra troop merits a dev team answer.

1 Like

The answer was already given, in the opening post of this thread. New faction troops are only supposed to be available from portals 4 weeks after they were introduced.

2 Likes

Yes, sure, but why?

I think that was more of an “excuse me but could you change that”?

Personally, I don’t care. I don’t think the new troops make that much of a difference - maybe in some factions if we somehow get a really good one.

The (stacking) potions will help way more, and the delve re-release so there will be a whole weekend to finish PF 500 of older delves, not just 24h.

1 Like

@igniteice Omg!! XD XD XD thats perfect

To get players to buy in, similar to other game modes. You either pay the participation fee or you wait for a month to complete your collection. That used to be a *very* strong incentive several years back, players would do just about anything in order to not be one troop short of a full roster. Campaigns with their paygated content eroded that a lot, most players no longer mind missing out for a while, even in other game modes. Possibly a side effect the sales department neither anticipated nor intended.

2 Likes

In my heart of hearts I know why. It still doesn’t make sense to me personally. Could be because I’ve “only” been playing for 2.5 years and am still missing a few mythics (6, I think). I’ll also never have a full collection as I won’t buy all the useless weapons you can only get for real money.

I don’t mind paying for the campaign but would my game suffer that much if I had to wait for the mythics to be released? I doubt it. Only really good thing I can recall is the celestial flask.

I can see why many players are not chasing the carrots as hard anymore. There’s always something you can’t get by simply playing “right now”.

In theory, you could of course buy enough tiers to get the new faction troop to mythic. I stopped at one copy as I already did PF 500.

By now I have a gazillion minor orbs of ascension. Had I not forgotten to craft a weapon last time darkstone was around, I would have used them but as it stands that can wait.

They made this game one of patience - mythic cycle is way too long, weapons come around even less frequently. Why bother? Just wait.

Sorry for rambling, it’s a bit hot and I’m wordy already when I’m not melting. :sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

I also did the same as @sylverscale by buying enough tiers for one crypt hound because I’ve completed the pure faction long ago. Which means in 4 weeks I can open portals if I choose (not wasting blue orbs). In general, it would cost 7 to 8k chaos shards to get multiple mythic copies of the original 4 faction troops when released. In 4 weeks, it will cost possibly 10k shards due to dilution (+25% of the original req) and this will continue for the remaining 32 factions plus the 6 yet to appear with new kingdom release. So whichever way you look at it, its a resource hit (orbs, shards, gems or a combination of the 3) and a 2nd time drain due to being only able to open 10 portals at a time (ie roughly 50 repetitions of portal opening in 4 weeks). At least give us the option to select how many portals to open to speed this up. This game is too time intensive as it is particularly with servers that consistently can’t handle the traffic. We got 100 gems compensation recently due to server “performance” and an assurance that this was being addressed. I see no progress in this regard and lagging is commonplace. Being unable to contribute to tasks for example etc etc.