Faction Event: All-Seeing Eye

Also, how is anyone luck with the Treasure going?

I have way too many Gold Rings. Both Priest’s Chalices and King’s Crowns come at a reasonable pace. Somehow, Genie’s Lambs and Coin Purse are almost at the exact same drop rate for me, which is 6 and 4 in the total of 10 days. Sacred Treasure is still a mystical artifact to me. (Aka: nonexistent stuffs for all I know :neutral_face:)

So for now, I won’t use any Coin Purses untill it’s starting to pile up so much.

Rings also dropped a lot for me, but the rest also came at reasonable amounts and i got decent drops for Faction Troops:

So everything is fine, except the Wild Plains situation.

I think I got one each of the mythical and legendary treasures.

I added my treasure to the hoard whenever there was a reasonable chance of reaching a breakpoint in quality for another +1 to chest level.

Hall of Guardians is now at quality 10 and Eye at 0. By Tuesday I hope to get Crypt Keepers up to quality 10.

Tomorrow I plan to do the event keeping Crypt delve level at 20.

When Crypt reaches quality 10, I’ll move my farming from Hall (delve level 50) to Crypt (delve level 20).

Tuesday if Crypt is at or close to quality 10, I’ll probably do the Hall event allowing my delve level to rise, for a +4 chest level and more shards.

If HoG have more rooms you still have better chances to get better Chests by the end. Even at level 50 you are probably doing fine with your bonus from the Hoard Level. Just a little something to consider.

Good point.

The room rarity in a faction is constant instead of random, right? So I guess we can multiply the upgrade chance for all rooms in a faction to see the average expected value of the chest upgrade? And compare this across kingdoms.

1 Like

There are few variations, the Dragon Fountain is Legendary i think and it appears sometimes instead of the regular Epic Room, in HoG but yes, it’s mostly constant.

Edit: Dragon Fountain is Epic. Well you might find this link interesting to keep in your bookmarks:

Courtesy of our faithful @Ashasekayi.

2 Likes

In general I like 4.0 quite a bit. however the hidden EXTREME penalty the developers placed on low and mid game players for this game mode is a bit surprising, They do NOT have the tools to handle the Delves and there is no way to go back. I’m hoping it is an oversight rather than purposeful design to force those players to spend money to progress.

If 2x permanently moves you up by +10, why in the world doesn’t .5x the permanently move you down by -10. Obviously you could only get the full 2x for trying high levels one time (no back and forth)

If this was an publisher decision to trap low/medium level players, then ignore this post. Mission accomplish based on chat.

I’m personally 100% fine, but I’m end game. This one direction design isn’t right.

6 Likes

5 Genie Lamps, 0 Legendary Faction troops to date.

RNG and all that, but c’mon man… :angry:

Wow… that’s… so… harsh.

Do you need a hug? You can give Lil’ Hogger a hug for as long as you need:

Now… If only some developers of other games would also acknowledge that gnolls are lovely creatures… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for the link!

I’ll assume that given a room rarity, each room has equal probability. If so, then using the above link, the average chance of a chest upgrade from an epic room is (45% + 6*40%) / 7 = 41%.

Faction rooms before the boss:
All-Seeing Eye ---- entry, 1 leg, 1 epic, 1 u. rare, 2 rare, 1 common
Crypt Keepers ----- entry, 1 leg, 2 epic, 2 u. rare, 1 rare, 1 common
Hall of Guardians - entry, 0 leg, 3 epic, 2 u. rare, 2 rare, 0 common

Adding the chances, it seems that for Hall of Guardians the average chest level just before visiting the boss is 1 + (3 x 0.41) + (2 x 0.28) + (2 x 0.19) = 3.2.

Average chest level before defeating the boss:
All-Seeing Eye ~ 2.65
Crypt Keepers ~ 3.15
Hall of Guardians ~ 3.15

With less “rounding” 2.652, 3.146, 3.162. (I don’t want to list crypt vs hall as 3.1 vs 3.2 so cheated the rounding a bit. If room chances are unequal, their order might switch.)

If anyone else tries to calculate average chest level, let us know if your answer is the same or different.

2 Likes

I’ve been tracking mine since the release of the update out of curiosity. Here’s a chart:

Anyone interested in all the data I collected on my portal drops, you can view the spreadsheet. I “hope” to keep collecting data for awhile. My Portal Drop Data

13 Likes

Updated the post above for Crypt Keepers.

2 Likes

So is there a best order for HoG? I assume do rare rooms first then UR etc.?

Always start with the highest multiplier rooms. That way you get their bonuses for the most fights. Sometimes a Faerie Ring will appear with a 0.30x bonus as an ultra-rare room, but normally this means going epic, ultra-rare and then rare.

5 Likes

If you’re willing to buy several tiers, you can change the room order some and still probably finish with sigils to spare. Even if you keep delving at 20.

But if you don’t want to buy many tiers, Grundulum’s advice above should save you gems. As long as it doesn’t mean dieng early.

Why are you assuming the bonus is multiplied for all previous rooms completed, and not simply added to the total each previous room? When I look at my room to room increment it doesn’t look multiplied to me.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

The developers chose a poor way to express the treasure multiplier, full stop. I can’t say anything further without feeling like I’m throwing someone under the bus. When you see “Treasure multiplier: 1.25x” on a room, it actually means it adds 0.25 to the multiplier. (source) I think this answers your question–we’re seeing the same thing but using different words to describe it.

For a bit more math, let’s say we have eight rooms in HoG:

• (Mandatory) Common room: Guardian Hall, Treasure x1.1 (so adds 0.1 to the multiplier)
  • (Mandatory) Epic room: The Iron Gate, Treasure x1.25 (so adds 0.25 to the multiplier)
  • (Optional) Rare room: Goblin Kitchen, Treasure x1.15 (you get the idea by now)
  • (Optional) Rare room: Vampire Hive, Treasure x1.15
  • (Optional) Ultra-rare room: Tangled Path, Treasure x1.2
  • (Optional) Epic room: Guarded Chamber, Treasure x1.25
  • (Optional) Epic room: Worm Tunnels, Treasure x1.25
  • (Optional) Ultra-rare room: Faerie Ring, Treasure x1.30
  • (Mandatory) Mythic room: Guardian Tomb, Treasure x1.25

Let’s say you go through these rooms in exactly the order listed below. Non-boss rooms award 100 points, and the boss room gives 200 points. Both receive all multipliers to date, including their own.

Room Multiplier after victory Points Running total
Guardian Hall 2.10 210 210
Iron Gate 2.35 235 445
Goblin Kitchen 2.50 250 695
Vampire Hive 2.65 265 960
Tangled Path 2.85 285 1245
Guarded Chamber 3.10 310 1555
Worm Tunnels 3.35 335 1890
Faerie Ring 3.65 365 2255
Guardian Tomb 3.90 780 3035

Not bad. 3035 points for a single run. But what happens if you always take the highest available multiplier?

Room Multiplier after victory Points Running total
Guardian Hall 2.10 210 210
Iron Gate 2.35 235 445
Faerie Ring 2.65 265 710
Guarded Chamber 2.90 290 1000
Worm Tunnels 3.15 315 1315
Tangled Path 3.35 335 1650
Goblin Kitchen 3.50 350 2000
Vampire Hive 3.65 365 2365
Guardian Tomb 3.90 770 3145

If you do the rooms in this order, you score 110 more points for the run, despite ending up at the same multiplier by the time you finish Guardian Tomb. That’s because you’re getting the multiplier from Faerie Ring for 7 battles instead of some lower bonus.

9 Likes

@Tacet has been saying this for weeks :grin:

So this only affects your score for leaderboard and gold/souls etc from each battle yeah? Makes no difference to final chest?