Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

Everyday delves and backing them up

The best faction for everyday delves is City of Thieves, it’s known. (You may read here - Best/worst factions for everyday delves? - #11 by Nullings - about why it is so.) But - what if you cannot play everyday delves one day? And you do not want to lose these sigils? As long as we have 27 factions for now, you may think about starting a delve in some faction and returning to it tomorrow. If you make some maths, you’ll figure out that you may save everyday sigils for 9 days maximum.

Not every faction is equally useful for everyday delving though. What we need from everyday delves? Good resources in the end, after the last room is passed. In the City of Thieves we just have higher chances to get Treasure Chest level 9 or 10 (and in All-Seeing Eye - lower chances, that’s why ASE is one of worst factions to farm resources). Okay, we save 1 sigil in the CoT for tomorrow. What about other 2?

We have to look for factions with at least 2 rooms V - to have good chances for high level treasure chest. No matter how you prefer to play everyday delves: at level 50 or at level 500 or at your own fixed farming level, the question remains the same: which factions are better for farming resources?

My list of sigil backup factions is:

• Mirrored Halls (2 constant rooms V, possible treasure rooms V among 4)
  • Depths of Sin (2 constant rooms V, possible treasure rooms V among 2)
  • Fang Moor (2 constant rooms V, possible treasure rooms V among 2)
  • Silver Necropolis (2 constant rooms V, possible treasure rooms V among 2)
  • Lyrasza’s Lair (2 constant rooms V and 2 constant rooms IV)
  • Duergaroth (1 constant room V and 1 constant room IV, but 4 treasure rooms with possible Vs)

I’d like to run a poll, but in a free format, just tell me please what factions you prefer for such saving for future. Maybe I’ll make a better list of backup factions.

6 Likes

I was of the dissenting opinion that Mirrored Halls was the best back then.

Somewhat related, I do like that CoT allows you to choose your own path more than MH. I also prefer to run my delves at 500 vs 50. Which brings me to my two questions:

In the original thread, you had mentioned that Shards was you primary motivation to do Delves. I guess Gold, Souls, and other resources can be farmed in Explore moar quicklier.

Question 1:  Does the .5 start "Penalty" have a significant impact on final room treasures?  I started 3 delves today, (plus found I had one CoT on standby, possibly from last September).

I will post results as they occur. My Xbox is currently refusing to let me play. Separate issues.

MH (500)
Current treasure bonus: 1.1

CoT (500)

Labyrinth (PF 500)

Fang Moor (50)
Current treasure bonus: 0.6

Question 2:  Is there an optimal order for room multipliers (Highest to Lowest, Lowest to Highest, or Varies)?  

I prefer to leave Dwarven Ale Vault (Grudge) for last when possible to maximize the Glory gained. Cedric is done as soon as possible. Dark King’s Hoard and Pot o’ Gold Leprechauns also tend to be near the end, because when I use Tesla on MH, I rarely get any 4 matches before the match is over.

I appreciate the amount of effort you are putting into the thread highlighting Delve paths, and did not wish to interrupt your efforts there with my questions. And the Megathread is already quite cumbersome to navigate. I thought about asking these in my own thread, but some might have already muted that based upon it’s author.

Anyway, another thing I would like to compose is a list of “Expected Damage Values” for rooms at 500.

Example 1: My Labyrinth PF Run has a Spectral Knight and Xathenos staring at it (Liches Crypt), and I can’t quite recall how much dmg those fools hit for. I’d prefer to at least be able to survive one shot.

Example 2: Vanya Soulmourn recently crushed my alt’s PF faction run because I forgot Dark Cabal would give her Arcane, which pushed her past the “I can survive two of her casts” limit.

I believe a list of expected values will help others plan how high they need to get their hoard, and hoped you or others may already have some information before I do my own research.

Much obliged. I am looking forward to your completion of the other thread. :slight_smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, and there are no limits for Explores.

Never thought about such room order, only went for “Cedric’s Hideaway” firstly to collect more gold. How do these rooms (Dwarven Ale-Vault and Dark King’s Hoard) affect Glory? I usually try to make treasure rooms firstly to enhance my team, then beat plain rooms.

1 Like

Dwarven Ale Vault awards 30 glory x the treasure multiplier, so at 4.0 it gives 120 glory. To my low level alt, that is more significant than it is to me, but it adds up.

Dark King’s Hoard is more for the Gold (1600 x 4 = 6400) than the Glory (5) or Souls (40), but those add up as well to a newbie.

Pot o’ Gold gives 2000 base Gold, but only 1 soul/glory, and so I will do it before the Hoard.

Off Topic, I just noticed after Lava Cracks, all future enemies are Aflame, while after Infernal Den, all future enemies gain Aflame. Consistently inconsistent.

I can’t find a pen at the moment, and I forgot how much damage those Worms did in the Tunnels, but Spectral Knight did 65 at Lvl 250 in Keeper’s Hall. And even after typing this, I forgot to check how much damage Spectral Knight and Lady Morgana did in the final room. D’oh. :axe::rage::shield:

(Temporarily using this post as a notepad of sorts)

Vanya, 130 base, 142 max. (assuming no Arcane :slight_smile: )

1 Like