Every so often logging into my mobile I get the 'request to download again' screen

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I updated weeks back to the 3.1, accepted the screen that informs me of multiple downloads. And completed the upgrade. Since then every so often I get the same screen logging in such as today this afternoon. I played last night until 2 am on my mobile. Played today during the day on my PC. Went to do housework and play in the kitchen on my mobile, and got the agreement screen again.

A couple things I have noticed is that sometimes it starts the download again, and then gets 40%ish and then the login continues

Btw I had already captured the screen but didn’t report it

What are the steps to make it happen again?

If I knew WHY this happens… I could tell you. I play back and forth on PC or Mobile (logging on on either through the X or QUIT) I’ve had it happen at least three - four times each week.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

1 Like

Happens to me quite often as well.

Me too, probably every 5-10 logins?

I would suggest it happens every time an update is pushed to the troop database, such as modifying the spell/stats of an unreleased troop. But based on the times of day when this pop up appears, I hope I am wrong!

Really, if that’s the case here is a lot of updates? I reckon I get this at least twice a day, I play exclusively on mobile.

I don’t think it has anything to do with any pushes. There wasn’t anything today

I’ve asked support about this. They think because the initial message is wrong (game doesn’t really download 12 MB but more like 2.15 MB) that means there’s no actual problem, just a display bug. It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me so I haven’t pursued it further.

I get that pop up all the time… don’t think it affects anything though…

I also get this at least once a day. More depending on how often i play on mobile.

Same here, at least every other day.

Yep, get this regularly. Doesn’t seem to download anywhere near as much data as claimed though, because I live in a rural area (very slow 3G) and it barely slows down loading times,

I get this everyday.
What exactly am I downloading?

1 Like

You’re downloading the file that has all the troop and weapon data in it. It hasn’t changed – it doesn’t change much outside of hotfixes and game patches – but there’s some sort of bug that causes the game to believe the data is stale and so it re-downloads it.

5 Likes

I have same issue on moblile.
But i recieve next window EVERY time i try to login from mobile.

I mean if i open game, then close app and even immediately run it again - i recive this window.

Upd:
do i need to start new thread with this issue?

2 Likes

That’s the same screen I see every freaking time I log on too. :rage:

Yes every time i log in i’m asked to download additional files.

Same +1 but only on Apple devices

Yes still get this every time game starts on iPad or iPhone. Very annoying, and often delays or stalls start-up if connections aren’t so good…

I also get it every time I log in. But it doesn’t download that much data. It’s mildly annoying but not that bad.