Epic Trial is a DISASTER

I’ve been off the game for a while now, but I’ve been hearing angst about this update on another gaming forum. I guess I don’t understand why challenges needed to be replaced by trials. Why don’t they just add trials to the game? Challenges were fine as is.

4 Likes

Because they want players to use real money to power up the garbage troops they picked for them to complete the trial, if players want to complete the trial, especially during the specific kingdom week.

1 Like

Drifiting sands is actually doable. Very boring but doable due to the enemy team also being fairly crappy. Try Suncrest and shentang if you really hate life.

1 Like

I can relate. For me it’s not the fact they made it similar to Arena. It’s the fact that nobody bothered to check that the matchups they picked, all had viable win conditions. Some kingdoms matchups just flat out can’t be done, at the higher levels. That is just plain lazy design.

Also, where is the fun with having no choice available to make, with troops? At least arena has a draft.

2 Likes

Agree. I bet the strategy is to leave the great maw enemy to let him devour one of your troop (not your maw). Then use your maw on it

1 Like

please give screens what is there

1 Like

this is abysmal, mystifying, and the most unfun thing I’ve ever played in an increasingly fun-free game

if this is their idea how to “improve” something then I don’t want to imagine the toxic slog they’re about to turn campaigns into

5 Likes

@DracoL1ch I can’t give a screen because I finished it. But it was Roc, Great Maw, Sky scorpion and Mad Prophet for our team.

Mad prophet is completely useless heh. But it didn’t matter much. Enemy team had Great Maw, Sand Shark and I don’t remember what else. Best strategy for me was to Great maw the enemy great maw. Chip with skulls on Roc till it dies (if it dies) then finish chipping with skulls with maw. Boring as watching paint dry but not hard.

1 Like

I never bothered completing them :unamused:

2 Likes

The devs wanted it. Therefore it had to be a good idea right?
Note there is NO WAY known to man or the Gods of any religion or pantheon to put enough sarcasm into these comments.

7 Likes

Has anyone seen Darkstone yet?

Corrupt Troll, Blind Guardian, Psion, Sea Troll

… you’re expected to win with Psion…

1 Like

I hope you’re not expecting anything (beyond the standard 50 gems) in the way of compensation. You’ll be sadly disappointed if you are.

1 Like

No, though it is optional to do it, if one really does want to do it, the choice of WHAT TO USE has been removed, leaving the player with a crap option.

5 Likes

UTTERLY RIDICULOUS
There is NO way to win this.
Attack is quickly diminished with no way to increase it and magic starts at 65 and can go up by 2 only points on one troop.

Also, of course you would choose Pans Vale banner green/yellow when there aren’t any yellow troops !

4 Likes

put Satyr first and they wont steal it

1 Like

OK - Fair doos
BUT nearly thirty minutes in and Elwyn has consistently hit Satyr (so much for random) and now he is dead :rofl::scream:

ps Tried again with Satyr, Cap, Sileni, Burrow - this time 20 minutes in Satyr got killed off again despite trying to kill him off first.

Not fun - total waste of my time

1 Like

yeah, just like previous trials - you must restart a lot until staff happens in your favor
or maybe restart until something like this?

2 Likes

This is level 225 for getting 1 pet copy. Just this level took me 57 minutes. No way I gonna waste more time on the next levels. Naive of me to even go for one copy, should just have left it alone.

9 Likes

I spent the same amount of minutes not getting a copy - but the same conclusion ABANDON SHIP !
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Nice emphasis on the insta kill there 20 dmg is mind whopping isn’t it, thank’s needed that! lmao jokes aside yeah the team’s we have vs there’s is a pretty lopsided battle :')

1 Like