Enough is Enough. Don't Release v3.3 Until

This has all been said and discussed before. 3.3 is supposed to be bringing some changes lets hope the crazy RNG is one of them. Fixing TDS is a good start albeit a small one. The fact that a high level quit means nothing if history tells us anything remember the UI changes and the stream of high level players leaving for good (I sure do it cut my guild in half and took weeks to rebuild it). Did the dev’s care - not really they said things were getting better which means to me they want newer players not the old ones and likely that is due to newer players spending habits compared to older players but I’m sure that info will never be divulged. Anyway sorry you lost a high level member due to the wacky RNG and for folks that want to see videos of TDS reviving over and over and over and over I have a Youtube channel with a few videos showing just that lol.

Cheers
Calvin

I’ve seen IK resurrecting five times in a row (but this has only happened once to me). I’ve also seen Abby summon IK, then another and both of them resurrected thrice in a row (if my memory serves me right). And then there’s this bug of untraited IK resurrecting in explore.

Before anything i must apologize if my observation may cause you any discomfort but:

Maybe what happened was that the first Infernal King was traited, and you didn’t noticed. Once he was killed and ressurected without traits you looked at it and thought it ressurrected without traits?

With the increased speed it’s very common to ignore some details, unless something unexpected happens and by this i mean when we are playing Explore Mode we aim for quick battles, so anything that differs from a quick end of the enemy teams is, generaly, unexpected and draws our attention.

I’m not saying you are lying, maybe you are just mistaken on what you recall given the circunstances.

1 Like

Yes… that’s all this thread was intended to highlight

The key here is the streaky nature of the RNG. Long ago, I even developed trait farming techniques to maximize finding streaks in the RNG. It tripled my rate of getting runics/arcane. I know my system has spread far outside TUF.

This game doesn’t use true RNG for sure. Once a TDS resurrects once, it’s much more likely to do it multiple times.

IK suffers from the same problem as TDS and it most likely has nothing to do with pRNG and might be some complex coding issue or so it seems. TDS is used frequently on defense while IK is not that frequent.

When I did the testing, I recorded both TDS and IK.

Why is the RNG bothering so many? Last week, brown day, in one battle only my corrupted sorcerer is left with only 5 hp, and the enemy team still has 3 troops with full hp, but I won, because the socerer and the remnants she summoned starts looping, I thought that was great fun. Yes the RNG works against us sometimes, but people tend to forget the time when its in our favor, which by the way is a lot.

Not really, provided that it is a random event. I fail to see any semblance of logic or rational thinking in this statement.

No, I had enough data to make statistically valid conclusion. :wink:

If you are such an expert in statistics, please enlighten the masses on how statistical test should be performed. :wink:

Wow, this is a really visionary statement. You might want to elaborate some more on how it should be done, preferably at length.

2 Likes

I want to emphasize this point because I don’t think @akots dressed you down sufficiently enough.

In 100 trials, a 1/256 chance has a probability of hitting (at least once) approximately 33% of the time.

You can arrive at that number by raising the failure chance (255/256) to the power of the number of trials (100). This will give you the total chance of failing to hit at all, which is around 67%. Subtract that from 100%, and you get 33%.

Observing an event which had a 33% chance of occurring is by no means “immediately suspicious”.

Say it with me, class:

IF YOU DON’T KNOW STATISTICS, DON’T BASE YOUR AGRUMENTS AROUND THEM.

Also! The chance of a resurrection is 1/4. The chance of a double resurrection would be 1/16. The chance of a triple resurrection would be 1/64, not 1/256. If you feed garbage information in, you’re getting garbage results out. Please see the above bolded text.

For fun, though, the chance of it occurring considering the correct starting numbers is 79%. This is plainly less suspicious than flipping a coin and having the results be tails.

3 Likes

Ok i believe i am done here. It is entirely possible to have an argument and discussion without such nastiness and disdain but it seems that people here are incapable of it.

Imho the problem is not the luck. It is the game mode that wants to be competive while troop stats (play time and money) and luck decide most games.

I think this is the crux of it. It seems like everyone just wants to win every single match and have no challenge whatsoever, so something is fine if the AI is a nufty with it, but as soon as it’s on the same level as the player it’s suddenly OP?

Seriously if people don’t like the competitive aspects of this game, and just want to constantly win, why not play a different match 3 that doesn’t have abilities strewn throughout that can affect the outcome?

I really don’t understand what people expect, either adapt your team or chill.

3 Likes

The RNG is functioning as normal and hasn’t been adjusted to work against the player.

2 Likes

The only difference is the AI can’t complain when it is bad beat :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s exactly the problem. :grinning:
The normal operation makes matches feel more like playing slot machines. Than playing a strategy based game.
It’s okay when the AI or RNG goes from easy to super hard in pvp. But complete BS when it does it in Guild Wars. There’s zero harm in everyone going 30-0 cause there’s still going to be a drastic difference in scores.
Up until last week, I didn’t have a single loss this year. Then I talked to Salty (conspiracy theories aside)… I’ve lost 3 matches since. The losses were against a Herald, Soldier, and Herald today.
The scale of difficulty is supposed to have the Champion and Paragon be the most difficult matches but more often than not. The Herald match by far is the most difficult.
I used to love GW. But not a single dev does any testing with the AI in bracket 1. You do not see a fair representation of the broken mechanics in any other Bracket than bracket 1.
It’s been a long standing argument that is completely dismissed by the devs. Because they feel it’s working as intended. Which reads to most as “it’s intended to upset players and make players feel like they have 10% control of when they win or lose”.
You can’t go by the numbers that you see on the computer. Sometimes the AI is too easy, and sometimes it’s way too difficult. Which results in the data looking “normal”.
The AI/RNG is the most important element of the game. Yet it’s not controlled at all by a human. It tells it’s self when to increase in difficulty and when to not. It’s time for the devs to face facts. The AI and RNG work together on some matches. A bad “or unlucky” match will stay that way from beginning to end. An easy one stays that way the whole time. For it to be actual RNG… Inside one match there should be moments of great difficulty and moments of great ease. I have NEVER experienced such a case.

TL:DR - The AI/RNG is in fact working as normally intended. The problem is, that means it’s broken but the devs like it that way.

3 Likes

Again, you just want to win every match and have no sense of difficulty at all, this makes absolutely no sense to me. There is not a single team composition that cannot be countered, if a particular counter requires colours outside the day, then everyone has the exact same issue if they are up against this particular team composition, no one has an advantage.

One could argue that the implementation of abilities to a randomly structured game could have been a poor choice as it heightens losses and wins. But that’s the way the game is. Like I said, adapt or chill.

As an aside, the harm in EVERYONE getting 30/0 is that getting 30/0 is boring as Hell. If I want to go unchallenged I’ll play Candy Crush.

1 Like

I 100% agree with the simple fact that wins and losses should be determined by what troops to use and your skill level.
Unfortunately, they are determined by artificial luck more often than not.
It’s fair to have an opinion. And I trust that you’re representing things from how the AI operates for you. The user experience varies depending on level and…
Guild war brackets. Without knowing anything about you. I can say with 100% certainty that you are not, and have never been in Guild Wars Bracket 1.
95% of the player base in that Bracket… Should be able to go 30-0 easily.
But… If you don’t want it too easy. Make it too hard. Make it so that only 5% can go 30-0.

Consistent difficulty in all I’m asking for.

Actually I would argue that Bracket 1 should have more likelihood of not getting 30-0 as one can assume you would be matched against other guilds in bracket 1, correct?

Now the very nature of how the paragon system works is inherently flawed in the top tiers because, one would assume, nobody is rocking a 5k list in a bracket 1 guild. You are going to be up against high end teams no matter what match it is, paragon, herald, or whatever. The only difference between your opponents is how well they handled themselves last week.

Now the player is given the first turn in order to give a small edge over the AI, then it is simply how the match plays out.

I’m not going to say it isn’t frustrating when you get wiped on turn two due to cascades and looping, but I’ve done that on assault, so I can’t very well criticise a defense that does the same.

3 Likes

The guild that gets first place in bracket 1 has 95% of their members go 30-0.
If the 5k thing was team score? Pretty much all teams in Bracket 1 are 10k.

The PROBLEM is the AI scales in difficulty throughout the day. So if you happen to do your matches at the wrong time… You’ll get F’d. But if you pick the right time. You’ll score really high. Hence… It’s more like a slots machine than a strategy based game.
Prior to GoW…I had all the levels of candy crush beat. That was purely RNG based with no “luck factor” dictated by the AI.

I’m highly skeptical the AI acts any different in bracket 1 than in any other bracket. There shouldn’t be a need to test anything specifically in B1 that can’t be tested in any other bracket. And how do propose they test anything in bracket 1? Bump a guild out of it for a week (because that won’t cause an uproar or anything I’m sure). Perhaps get a few guilds to give up some spots so dev’s can compete in B1? Again guilds will jump at the opportunity to have temp players in their ranks that they have to replace, they’ll be thrilled by losing GW ranks due to non-optimal players among them and no one will cry that the devs can be cheating. In short what you’re suggesting is impractical and unnecessary.

Perhaps it’s dismissed because there isn’t an issue. And perhaps the thing causing people to get upset is that people make teams specifically with the intention to kill, maim & destroy. After all, it is guild WARS and as we hear time and again there are tons of gems on the line. People are going to put up defenses to grief each other and take away points if not outright kill them.

I have had the opposite experience. I’ve pulled wins off where I had no business winning and I’ve lost battles that should have been a sealed deal.

More proof of this is numerous complaints in the past about the AI being down to a single troop and out of nowhere they lose the match due to RNG. But perhaps the difference between our experiences is the GW bracket we’re in…

1 Like