Endgamers after 3.3 (Goals and Resource Management)

Given the drop rates, using gold keys is not very efficient. Glory keys are still the best.

On troop captain, that is a tricky one. It has double score. If you have only 1 copy, that is the same as if you got the non-captain bounty troops up to epic. You therefore need to buy up to Tier 4 in order to do better than a epic non-captain bounty troop.

My strategy is to hoard glory / glory keys until the The Wild Queen on May 4. I will then blow my stash in hopes of getting her and leveling up my bounty troops. In doing so, I have to use bounty troops at their existing level for 1 bounty event (Apr 13). My expected loss for holding off upgrading to May 4 is probably 1 - 2 orbs of chaos. IMHO, this seems a worthwhile trade since my intention is to spend the equivalent of 5,000 glory keys which will give about 50% chance to pull The Wild Queen. Fairly sure to get all bounty troops up to legendary but not sure if everything will hit mythic. Beyond this, I will probably rely on random drops to get the bounty troops up to mythic.

At legendary level, the bounty troops give better score than a Tier 2 troop captain. Once the bounty troops hit mythic, the score is the same as a Tier 4 troop captain.

My bounty strategy is to use 4 bounty troops for levels 1 to 8. I then use 3 bounty troops + Dawnbringer for levels 9 to 16. I will probably find an optimum point between 14 to 16 to play all the games. This is because from 17 to 20, I find I have to use 2 bounty troops for long hard games. For scoring and fun, I find it more efficient to use 3 bounty troops at levels 14 to 16.

5 Likes

You have a nice plan regarding the Chests (Iā€™ll be doing the same), but I think its closer to 39.3% w/ 5k Glory Keys.

Yes, but with Glory Keys you are better served using them at certain times, like the exclusive week of a new Mythic, to cover all chances you can have at sparing gems, which are high in demand and in low offer these days. Gold/Gold keys can be less efficient, but are plentiful.

2 Likes

Thanks ! I could never quite remember the actual 2 dec place for the drop rate.

I plan to use the gold keys when the new kingdom hits. This is to get the new kingdom troops and push the bounty troops up to mythic if they are not already there.

And this is a good choice too, but i was just pointing out a consideration that of all current resources one have at hand, the easier to get is usually the ā€œbestā€ to use (since it wonā€™t be missed usually) before commiting to rarer resources.

I think it can be summed up about the timing to use properly each resource aiming at certain results in certain situations:

ā€œI want to upgrade my Bounty troops for a chance at higher rewards, but i shouldnā€™t use my Glory/Glory Keys before a new Mythic exclusive weekā€¦ I could use Gold/Gold Keys now while also gaining some Gems and Glory, and since i can farm more gold later i wonā€™t let my guildies down or anything.ā€

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your replies, good to see everyone has a similar strategy with only minor differences. Gives me confidence that Iā€™m using my resources efficiently.:smiley: Based on some replies I could possibly be even more efficient like not taking new glory troops to mythic and not bothering with the new raid/invasion weapons.

Regarding Bounties, thatā€™s a tricky one. We donā€™t really know for sure what the gem cost will be or the points needed to get all rewards until Friday 13th. I know the one from 2 weeks ago required Tier 6 minimum to get all rewards. Hopefully with 4 mythic bounty troops it will be less tiers. Who knows if the troops will be in chests by then though.:roll_eyes:

Another question for you guys, what are you doing with your orbs? Are you hoarding every single one for Zuul or spending some along the way?

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the minority hereā€¦ ā€œsavingā€ for Zuulā€™Goth. Havenā€™t bothered to use the Orb of Clan stuff yet either, rather have it collect dust or laugh at how many I have by the end of the year. I can always crack it later if I get desperate.

Guess Iā€™m in a different minority. I really havenā€™t changed my spending habits. I canā€™t quite fathom how everyone seems to have resource issues because I got to vip 3 ages ago & havenā€™t bought past that, Iā€™m in a semi competitive guild that completes 10-15 LTs/week, GW B3 and so far each of the new modes. I maintain a bank of ~1-2M gold, 60k glory & 16k gems. I rarely ever do more than 100 PvP battles in a week except for events and I typically complete every weekly event and daily dungeons.

My spending habits have been and continues us to be:

• all 7 dungeon gem packs
  • at least tier 4-5 for raid, invade & bounty
  • level 5 GW sentinels
  • as many glory packs as necessary to either ascend the troop to mythic or all the arcanes I need and then some
  • open chests for new mythics (though I give up after some arbitrarily high number of misses and wait for them in forge)
  • open chests til I get the new legendaries
  • save gold/glory chests for new kingdoms or mythics

Since I have a severe shortage of celestials Iā€™ve been stockpiling arcanes so I can finish traiting anything I want once I have the celestials to do them. Nearly every new troop that comes out I have enough stones to trait immediately.

Plans at this point are to finish traiting everything as I can, continue stockpiling where I can, acquire all the weapons in the forge & acquire all the mythics I donā€™t have, which is 3 besides xathenos & zuul. Though not actively seeking to craft zuul I will if/when I get there.

Iā€™m not really holding back on spending gems, so how is it so many people with so much more activity than me & in more competitive guilds canā€™t keep up with my spending and not maintain a gem reserve?

1 Like

Mostly I just gave up trying to mythic event key troops, I just donā€™t have the event keys and donā€™t want to spend gems or glory on it.

I have every troop that I can possibly own plus a nice stash of diamonds in case I miss something. I do tier 2 also because rewards are not worth more than that.

1 Like
  • Only open chests on mythic week or new kingdoms. Half glory, gem, guild, another half glory, 50 VIP. Gold chests on new kingdoms.

• Tier 3 on raid/invasions, since it costs more to craft the weapon with diamonds. Might change in the future once I get Wulfgarok, but I think that building a stash of diamonds is nice, in case they add previous weapons to soulforge, or if I exceed my budget for a mythic.
    ā€“ So, dungeons everyday

• Do not make diamonds with shards if you can. Who knows what the devs will plot for tomorrow.

• Mess with new teams for at max half an hour, stick to the greatest team of all time since The Great Maw came, which is Infernus/Ketras/Ishbaala/Fire Bomb or its variants, for that quick gold.

• Only craft kingdom troops or usable/good troops (Famine). The rest will come eventually and you are not leveling kingdoms with junk.

• Donā€™t care about vault events. I do have plenty of podcasts lined up, but most days I only play half to an hour.

• Level a troop only enough to get the kingdom to level 5/7/9/10, specially if itā€™s a crappy troop. If itā€™s good, might use an orb on it, but Iā€™ve yet to see one that is amazing since orbs came.

• Laugh at trophy-hunters

I am great at saving money in real life, but not so much in this game. I pretty much spend the majority of my gems every week, or at least deplete them quite a lot. When a new Mythic pops up, I become broke instantly. It has worked out well so far thoughā€¦I have been able to get 3 of the last 5 Mythics with just regular chests (gems, guild, event, etc, I donā€™t have a VIP level). Iā€™ll take those odds!!!

1 Like

Iā€™m in a semi-casual guild, so in most events, weā€™re getting most but not all rewards. That means Iā€™ve picked up a few of each orb, but only major orbs of growth. Zuul is not even the slightest consideration in my planning but I want to use the orbs I have for maximum impact.

Iā€™m planning to use Orbs of Wisdom only on Mythic 3rd traits since that gives me the most bang for my buck traitstone-wise.

I have a few orbs of ascension now, but more 1-copy legendaries. Iā€™m holding off on using any for now, but am 99% committed to ascending Titania. For others, Iā€™ll wait and see what happens after mythic release and what I pick up in chests. My guild happened to get two Magnusā€™ in a row from legendary tasks this past week, so Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t burn an orb on him as Iā€™m now halfway to mythic on him.

My guild doesnā€™t always hit 40,000 seals, so weā€™re hoarding orbs of clans for mythic release weeks to make sure we can use guild seals with maximum effect.

Orbs of growth I have zero use for, so by default, I am ā€˜hoardingā€™ those. My ā€˜hoardā€™ may as well be a dumpster.

1 Like

Iā€™ve used one or two normal Ascension Orbs to Mythic a useful base Legendary. Iā€™ve tested a few Orbs of Clans for kicks though they are not really needed: I think Iā€™ve got 22k Seals (last time i looked) and pile of Guild Keys, so Iā€™m ok there.

Iā€™m just ā€œnot spendingā€ the rest, because I donā€™t need them. I donā€™t need any Stones (50-100 of each). Or any of the other Orbsā€¦

I still donā€™t have plans for Zuulā€™G unless something changes.

1 Like

I just let my orbs collect dustā€¦ Maybe they will be useful for me one day (donā€™t care about Zuul) I just pretend they donā€™t existā€¦

I canā€™t speak for others, but you mentioned being VIP3ā€¦Iā€™m VIP6, so every spare Gem I can save gets tossed into the hoard for future use buying VIP chests. So far, my ā€œworstā€ Mythic release has cost me 11,250 Gems (5x 50 VIP chest packs) so I am eternally saving in case RNGsus decides to give me the finger again.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be glad to explain why I canā€™t keep up if you can explain how you generate more than 1,000 gems weekly without spending money.

I currently have a ā€œfull without Zuulā€ collection including DB but my goal of getting every new troop ascended immediately to Mythic has been altered after the 3.3 release to simply getting every troop except Zuul. I stand at VIP5 and after the first LT gem nerf and subsequent cash grab introduced with the new modes decided I probably wonā€™t spend the US$55 left to attain VIP6. I also currently have more traitstones, gold, souls and glory than Iā€™ll ever need. Current gem hoard is a bit over 36k and still growing despite how I spend during events due to my tribute collecting habit and being in a great guild. My plan going forward is:

• Event Chests only enough to get 1 New Legendary
  • Guild, Gem, Glory and/or 50-at-a-time VIP chests (opening order dependent on current key hoard) only enough to get 1 New Mythic
  • All chests necessary to get New Kingdom troops to Mythic for immediate 5-star
  • Tier 4 Raid and Invasion shops to get that troop to Legendary
  • Whatever tier it is to get the Bounty shop troop to Epic or Legendary (still undecided)
  • Save Diamonds for any missed Mythics or future Soulforge exclusive weapons/Mythics
  • New glory commons to Legendary (and wait to get the last 98 copies during the New Kingdom hunt)
  • All other glory troops to Mythic
  • Gem Bounty on Diamond day
  • Use Orb/Major Orb of Clans during new Mythic releases
  • Occasionally use an Orb of Ascension if a single-copy Legendary proves useful
  • Pretend all other Orbs and Major Orbs donā€™t exist and maybe Iā€™ll look it up one day and have enough toā€¦ nvm :clown_face:
4 Likes

Only open ANY chest when something new is inside (new legendary, Mythic, kingdom, etc). NEVER purchase ANY tiers for the new events. My guild allows me to bypass doing that pay to win garbage by simply donating more gold (THANK YOU GUILD <3)

Occasionally pop a VIP chest because ā€œlol why notā€ as after saving virtually everything on everything, why not?

1 Like