En Garde!

Originally published at: En Garde! – Gems of War

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Tauros Guardian The Tauros Guardian will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. World Event: The Goblin Horde There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Gorbil,…

1 Like

Old Player Team:
Soothsayer
Queen Moonclaw
Skeleros
Bane Jaw

Old Enemy Team:
Skeleros
Soothsayer
Gorgon
Hydra

Earthcaller is going to hurt. Bullserker is going to hurt too, slightly less so. The new enemy team looks harder, but more fragile to skulls.

The player team “looks” more improved as a skull team, but I reserve judgment until reset.

3 Likes

grafik

The loot table for troops in Wild Plains event chests is expected to look like this:

Chance Amount Troop
0.11% 1 Ketras the Bull, Tauraeus, The Lord of Slaughter
3.2% 1 Chief Stronghorn, Hydra, Queen Moonclaw
12% 1 Bane Jaw, Bullygnoll, Cloudstalker, Earthcaller, Mongo, Pyrohydra, Skeleros, Spirittooth, Stormchaser, Sunweaver, Wild Fang
21.6% 1 Bullserker, Gorgon, Minogor, Tauros Guardian, Winged Bison
21.6% 2 Bulette, Gnoll, Midge Swarm, Ridgeback, Savage Hunter, Soothsayer
21.49% 3 Festival Cow, Hyena, Tauros

Unfortunately, event chests have a tendency to be misconfigured, either entirely missing specific mythic troops or containing them at significantly lower than advertised odds. There is no way to know this ahead of spending, and no way to get any kind of refund. If you plan to open event chests, wait till the weekend for the community to find irregularities, this significantly reduces your risk of getting burned.

8 Likes

With skulls, both teams are wiped out quickly. You won’t lose much time :rofl:

Earthcaller 1 shots before epic trials even start…thanks again…

3 Likes

I won the first 4 Epic trials on my first try. I lost/quit the 5th trial several times before winning. I ended up quitting if Earthcaller/Bullserker killed a troop too early on.

Queen Moonclaw summoning Savage Hunter almost made it easy. But half the time, it’d die on its second turn because of all the skulls left on the board after Moonclaw’s cast :sob:.

1 Like

It isn’t very nice for sure.

I found the way to beat it is. Fill Gorgon and Sunweaver every time on Gorgon. Deny Green and blue and skull Bull.

Don’t shift Bull because it’s impossible to deny 4 colours.

If Bull kills anyone then it enrages so you then should shift it away to bring Earthcaller up, Hopefully you can keep Gorgon alive with Sunweaver and cast skull on top of Skeleros cast with Moonclaw.

It’s not player friendly.

1 Like

I’m 100% sure “the devs” and everoyne involved in the progress of editing the trial teams knows exactly what they’re doing due to yearlong active veteran gameplay experience and such. Nothing would indicate otherwise in the slightest way. Surely such changes are debated as thoroughly as possible and also tested. Obviously they passed testing and therefore are implemented to ensure without any doubt for the vast majority of “the players” to get the best gaming experience possible, because as everyone knows a main goal is to make the whole experience… fun.

9 Likes

Indeed. I agree. It’s always been the case, anyone that thinks it’s ROG or RNG design doesn’t remember early delves.

I mean absolutely any troop from Wild Plains, any other than Soothsayer would aid the player. Soothsayer is literally completely useless, as it blocks the skull generator, and it’s a liability when casting mostly.

You can’t really meat shield it as it is too weak, it can die to 2 skulls and give Bull enrage, so you can bring forward that enrage to smash into Gorgon. I was sadly casting it in earlier rounds for the 1 magic :smiley:

1 Like

Another week of Epic Trials done; got the 31 copies of the pet and glad that don’t feel the need to repeat the experience. Let’s see, Wild Plains was another episode of “Stat check + RNG”. Whatever.

One would think that, when designing a game, instilling a desire in your player base to have them want to replay your content might be a good goal. That doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Instead it’s one more week of “glad I don’t have to do that again”.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind replaying Epic Trials if that was an option🤷‍♂️. I’ve thought about making that suggestion, but figured it’d get no support and was pointless.

I’d gladly replay Challenges any day of the week. Trials? Not so much. Not touching them anymore once they’re done and not happy to play them in the first place just to get some pets …

1 Like

You’ll have the opportunity the next time this kingdom will be on the week event

1 Like

Lets put some resources as rewards on the next Epic Trials , if the player has completed them before.
First turn of epic trials = pet
Second turn of epic trials = resources (gems, dragonite,keys…)

1 Like

Don’t Forget the Souls as a Reward

Yes that’s obvious and I will be replaying most of them. At least aside from Khetar, and the other kingdom with very long battles, unless they change the teams.

It’s well known that the most of the vocal people on the forum, and probably the majority of the player base, dislikes Trials. I’m sure most people feel the same way as you do…
I’m stating my opinion to make it clear that there are people with differing opinions, because I constantly see people make generalizations like “no one likes Epic Trials”, “no one finds them fun”, etc.

In case anyone thinks otherwise, I completely agree that there’s room for improvement… That doesn’t also mean I (and others) can’t find them enjoyable to a degree in their current state.

1 Like

The problem is the player-sided restrictions. (Not many) players like forced restrictions - and if they do they shall implement them on their own, free choice to be miserable if that’s desired.

Further a problem is the team compositions made by the devs that are seemingly just chosen to hinder progress and make it unneccesarily hard and time consuming even for “endgamer”. Even yearlong players face difficulties. Not to mention newer players that don’t even stand a chance, most likely a definition of “fun”.

The fact that you have to wait maybe over a year until a certain kingdom rotates back in to be played for the pet is another part that is just awful. If possible I’d just play all of the kingdoms right away, max all pets and just be done witht this waste of time forever.

I’ve heard of people just letting the matches autoplay for a few times until there might be a win out of it - but I don’t know if that is the dev-definition of “fun” - or if it should be.

6 Likes

I’m not arguing about the lack of issues with Epic Trials… You can see some of my opinions on past threads where I’ve agreed with these very points. I’m simply stating my opinion that I find them fun and would replay them. Why do you feel the need to turn this into an argument stemming from what I consider “fun”?

Can you specify what you feel I was “argumentative” about “towards you”? I could’ve posted my same comment as I did above without “quoting you” in it, if that’s the problem you feel that I adressed it in a too direct way towards you.

I really don’t care about what others, or you, consider as “fun” or not, that’s not what my posting is about. I also don’t care if others like my opinions, ideas, postings etc or not. There was no intention to try to convert your opinion of some sort.

I wrote a possible solution above: devs, please don’t implement any restrictions. Players who desire restrictions surely can come up with something themselve and everyone has their own portion of “fun” along the way.

1 Like

I don’t see how it isn’t directed towards me? Yes some are general comments about trials/epic trials (I’m only commented about epic trials) but when you make comments like this:

(Not many) players like forced restrictions - and if they do they shall implement them on their own, free choice to be miserable if that’s desired.

That seems very directed and hostile. How else am I supposed to take it, other than you think I’m forcing myself to be miserable?