Easy fix while keeping it the same for PvP

As I stated, Casual PvP would only give you gold… difficulties would not affect casual PvP anymore… everyone would have the same amount of wings so I don’t get ur point with Tier… The energy system is not stopping you from doing anything… just keep going with casual if u want to PvP all day.

8 Likes

What about that casual player that has one day a week where he can put a lot of time in the game. Enough time to get to max tier rank in that day, but is unable to play the rest of the week due to life responsibilities.

The energy system would stop him from maxing his tier and he would not be able to get max rewards each week going forward.

So we lose another trophy source and glory source -.-’ not cool man not cool. [quote=“illusion, post:21, topic:8509”]
difficulties would not affect casual PvP anymore
[/quote]

This makes gold grinding impossible. [quote=“illusion, post:21, topic:8509”]
everyone would have the same amount of wings so I don’t get ur point with Tier
[/quote]

Pay to win mentality.

1 Like

I am well WITHIN rank 1000 if I play LESS then 3 hours a day… I am within rank 100 if I play 5-6 hours a day… but guess what! I need to play 12 hours a day at LEAST just to keep rank 50… I don’t even want to keep going to find out how much more I need to play on a daily basis just to fight for top spot… ridiculous.

Do you see a pattern ?

I’d like to know if VIP affects PvP points because I see players with less win % and less def % and less overall Invade/Defense then me but they have 5K+ PvP points how does the math add up ?

Biggest problem among all of this is the fact that this would also limit my stream time.

1 Like

Let gems of wars decide if they want to give that option, gems for wings… if they don’t implement it then ITS NOT pay to win…

This is just a bad idea for the many reasons already stated, you might be the only person on the entire forum who thinks this is a good plan.

Sure, what is your plan to fix the loop holes in PvP that only the top players gets to see?

PVP is fine the way it is,

“no lifes” as you stated will always be at the top.

Even with an energy system, they would have more pvp battles then casuals would because once energy maxes you are wasting points, “no lifes” won’t let nearly as many points go to waste.

You mean the loop hole of unrestricted play? Well because of bitching from the 1% who saw non1% on the leaderboard you would have to reverse that damage. That is assuming you know what i am talking about.

1 Like

Many reasons already stated ? You mean the 1 reason that everyone has stated with nothing to back it up lol anyways I’m done talking with noobs that doesn’t understand the real issue about PvP…

I don’t care if there is an energy system or NOT, I just want PvP fixed.

I’m pretty sure I am a top player. Not sure what loopholes you mean.

It’s been clear for some time that the leaderboard only measures time spent playing, not much else.

Am I happy with it? Not entirely - I’d like some way that skill, tactics, and investment into building a collection were all reflected, but GoW doesn’t lend itself well to that kind of competition.

What can we do about it? Not sure. Most leaderboards and ladders are like this.

Is your idea the solution? Not in my view, or most people here it seems.

@sirrian has also been on record (somewhere) in saying that he opposes energy-style mechanics. They took off the gold cost of battles for the same reason.

@illusion take a hint, mate, and let it drop.

I think I do get the issue you are talking about. I don’t get why it upsets you quite so much. I am not a ‘noob’ and neither are most respondents here.

Take care to stay courteous. Just because your idea was unpopular is not a reason to be rude.

3 Likes

I will reiterate because there have been a number of points made.

1. It will slow gold farming because difficulty will not be able to be used to farm gold anymore.

2. “no lifes” would still be at the top since they will make every point of energy count, and casuals will not

3. It would make getting to top tier more difficult for some casual players

4. We would lose another source of glory and trophies.

5. It becomes pay to win as soon as gems are able to increase energy

6. Your proposed solution is an energy system, you are one of the few people who actually would prefer that.

But you know, clearly we made no good points and we simply are “noobs that don’t understand the REAL issues”.

For the record, leaderboards that measure skill rather than play time would be nice but an ENERGY system is not the solution.

2 Likes

…And you think, with your idea implemented, it would be easier for you to keep top 50?

Remember, there are 20K people fighting for the same top 50 ranks, there’s no room for everyone. Right now you at least have a way to ensure a high rank, by spending more time. But with your system, what would make you better than others? Most likely the rank spread will be random, determined by whoever happened to get matches that are worth more points, or whoever got invaded less - things you have no control over. Everyone will be close on points, the ranks will look like a mess, and you’ll probably end up around rank 10K on average.

But rank 50 had about 16K, yet you said it should take 12 hours a day to keep that, which means you’d need 72 hours a day to get to rank 1… but that makes no sense.

This proves there’s more to the current ranks than playtime. The top ranks have to win 3-6 matches by the time you win one, which means they are actually better players than you. Better skill (and better teams) DOES mean better rank in this case. Problem? I don’t see one.

5 Likes

Then explain this:

Me (win rate invade 93.8% / win rate defense 35.8%)

Sister (win rate invade 85.2% / win rate defense 19.1%)

Here is screenshots… she invaded way more then me but my stats are beating sister on INVADE AND DEFENSE lol

My stats last week

Ok math time, what is the average number of points she needs to earn per battle including the points she loses from failed defences and also include the number of points she gets from successful defences. Not forgetting to implement the points lost from failed invades.

She has 800 more invades than you.

Sorry not trying to be rude by saying the word noob, it’s just that when someone says there is nothing wrong with PvP then they are clueless about some things going on. And yes I can clearly see that an energy system is not a good idea. I wasn’t aware it was used in the past I wasn’t playing this game 6 months ago.

Perhaps they just need to tamper with the rank to make it more skill dependant and not 100% time dependant