Dusk Sets on Krystara (AKA The Dawnbringer Fix)

So I just see that Arena is getting easier. Why not make a button to instantly victory? more easy
Arena get a change to make it more easier but again pvp still the same. This is the way the Top guilds are only going to play Arenas mostly.

Can we cry to nerf Mercy? ah no, is not a drain mana or attack troop, so nothing happens…

3 Likes

5 Likes

I never play Arena… still good the fix eventually made it in…

When we get the next Dawnbringer-tier weapon (there’ll obviously be a Duskbringer with the other three colours) let’s make sure it’s fixed out of Arena on release…)

Most people in ‘top guilds’ have DB so they could fight fire with fire anyway. Doesn’t change much in that regard.

Why nerf Mercy? Wait. Don’t answer that. Straying off topic.

1 Like

Nyx Nerf and Dawnbringer arena removal within 48 hours of each other…
As a community… Are we dying? Cause y’all are being way too nice to us players… unsettling nice…
Sorry…I have tr3.3st issues now…

D8 We always try to do our best by you guys.

1 Like

Oh and look, the devs still have a sense of humor.

5 Likes

I think you’re saying “don’t hate”
But the internet tells me that “D8” means date… So… There’s…ummm… That…

Thought he spoke Salty fluently

1 Like

(It’s a left-facing open-mouthed frowny face with big, scared eyes.)

9 Likes

:angry:…(too angry?)

Silly fix.
I guess we can do it on harder difficulties if we want some challenge

2 Likes

Gotta love not being able to type “Orpheus Lute” into the Gems of War game chat. Or Anu’s Scepter. Or Cockatrice or…

well anyways… on one hand this fix took way too long for the simplicity, on the other hand enemy Dawnbringer never really effected me in Arena, but I’m glad for the people that liked Arena and were griefed by enemy Dawnbringers. Hopefully they can go back to having fun.

1 Like

I would have found it way more amusing if the weapon had been replaced to match the one you are holding yourself, so that everybody running Dawnbringer still keeps encountering Dawnbringer. Still, thanks for fix. I didn’t believe it would be coming, sometimes it’s nice to be proven wrong.

9 Likes

I hope now they can focus on the real issues like making raids and invasions more worth while.

4 Likes

easy trophy!!!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: The heck happened to the community?
There was this endless Dawnbringer-in-Arena-is-horrible thread. It was mentioned in every Dev Q&A and there was an absolute uproar when they said they would need time to decide and make a fix. This was, for what I felt was the majority of the community, the worst issue going on - otherwise, the question wouldn’t have made it into the Q&As again and again in the first place.

Okay, invasions and raids created a ton of more pressing issues which concern more people since guilds make these into obligations while arena was always just a little extra.

But I would have still expected a TON of happy people here and not a mixture of “We didn’t need that”, “Well… okay then” and “Wow, now it’s auto-win, that sucks”.

Like, what the heck?! I didn’t have anything good to say about the game in a long time and am not doing anything but dungeons anymore, but the reactions of most people in this thread actually really make me angry and that is something that hadn’t happened to me on this forum so far. Yes, it took them WAY too long to make this fix. Yes, the game has a TON of issues which are more pressing. But after causing an uproar about the Dawnbringer issue for a very long time, I would really expect some more happiness and gratitude.

In this case, the devs have done exactly what the community wanted - replaced Dawnbringer with lower-grade weapons - and I mean exactly. Not “Okay, we wanted Gnome reward nerfs in exchange for more Gnomes, but not that bad of rewards”. What happened here was a widely suggested and liked suggestion by the community.

So where is the happiness? Where is the gratitude?!

Because honestly, if this is what you give the devs for fixing a problem - despite the time they took, yes, that sucked - then I don’t see how that is to motivate them to fix anything else. If people are rude and upset if they don’t fix things, but also rude and upset if they do, then why should they bother in the first place?

What I got from this thread was that the devs were obviously all super-excited and happy to announce it. I absolutely doubt they expected this outcome of the thread - I sure didn’t.

I might not really play the game anymore because yeah, I felt they ruined it, but what is going on here is just making me feel ashamed and sad because they don’t deserve this.

Even though I never cared about arena in the first place… Devs, have a happy bunny-hug from me for fixing Dawnbringer and a consoling bunny-hug for (in my opinion only, of course) not getting the feedback you deserve and likely expected for it.
hug

23 Likes

So, when can we expect the 2nd mythic weapon? :wink:

4 Likes

Unfortunately that is why many of us rarely post any more (or straight up quit the forums). Shame, it used to be quite fun here

5 Likes

SWEEEEEEEET.

All along I’d hoped for this kind of solution, where people could use Dawnbringer on offense without the aspect of griefing newbies on defense.

Also @Sheba is on point. This isn’t the thread for advocating your own pet issue. Go make a thread for it and spend months babysitting it until you despair of any remedy. Otherwise I argue you don’t actually care about the issue.

The only part I disagree with is I think the devs expected this, though that doesn’t mean I think it’s deserved. Gamers are some of the worst people on the planet and can’t see a peaceful field without manually fertilizing it. Each one is like that one old guy who goes to KFC, spends 30 minutes arguing with the employees he SHOULD be able to use coupons with his AARP discount, threatens to never come back, then shows up at the same time the next day to repeat and how much more American could I make this analogy?

ANYWAY.

I’m also interested because I don’t think I’ve ever faced some of those weapons in Arena. I hope that means they present challenges that cause me to always worry my team’s unbalanced in some way they can exploit. This is a much better worry than “Hmm, do I really want to take this yellow troop and help Dawnbringer out?”

6 Likes

Yay absolutely no skill to win now :slight_smile: Might as well just put 8-0 arenas for everyone:

4 Likes