Dusk Sets on Krystara (AKA The Dawnbringer Fix)

I see you not familiar with sarcasm but it’s okay i forgive you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sarcasm is often unclear on the internet given the context. But i’m fine missing it or not.

1 Like

I think you and others not understand my point
I have Dawnbringer and I not cry of arenas enemies and I never cry about nyx

I´m talking about who are going to be now the things in the most top guilds. If you want to stay at their numbers only arenas can made it possible, because now are more easier than with dawnbringer. Soon you will see the number of trophies of many guilds implemented a lot and many less people probable playing pvp, or maybe new ones.

I´m not saying that nerf Dawnbringer in arena is a bad point but maybe this type of fix is not the better I guess at least for me. This is an opinion only a point of view. Sure I understand others and I give my.

And I talk about pvp because the rewards never change and nothing new is implemented not about defense teams or whatever

2 Likes

I get you, but if you follow along in the epic thread, you’ll find that it’s not like the people who have DB were losing a significant number of Arenas. If they were still at about 50%, yes, we’d see a big explosion.

But really what we’ll see instead is “every day, more players have Dawnbringer”. I’m 530k souls into farming for it. My guess is while plenty of people 8-0 Arena fairly consistently, they do it much faster with Dawnbringer. That’s where your explosion will come from, and it was happening whether or not this “nerf” came out.

The trophies leaderboard has always been, “Who spends the most time trophy farming?” That’s not going to change. The only time a leaderboard displays actual prowess is in the energy-based games we all hate.

1 Like

If you make a style play easier and also give you more trophies , what are you going to do if you want to be at the top trophies guilds?

Is easy to see. I win arenas before I have dawnbringer to enemies with it and I win against nyx combos mostly of the times. People want everything more easier and only need time to try some teams and they will find some of them good to defeat this two handicaps. If everytime the people cry, we make a fix or a nerf the game will be broken.

So if someone cry about the powerfull troop Infernus they will nerf it also, that is what we want?
Changes, more changes and nerf and fix everyday. Give time to try people and not cry for everything. Is easy.

But again I say, I understand all points of view. I give mine.

4 Likes

I agree with you @ONOPALAVER, we don’t want a easy game where they nerf it all!!

That’s why I started this thread over half a year ago.

Funny how a lot has changed here other then how many nerf call outs we hear here weekly.

Let’s just sit back and enjoy the game they make for us.

Let’s just not go nerf crazy,y here!

1 Like

Pharos ra made it to soul forge…
Dawnbringer in arena fixed…

So what’s the next mega topic that takes no effort to fix but drags on ridiculously?

I want to say 50 gem hero class change cost.

6 Likes

A lot of us would be thrilled if the devs would buff more old troops decently, this is asked a lot and highly relevant for these new events with restrictions of races/types or kingdoms.

Asking for nerfs was, mostly, a reflex of new designs overthrowing old standards/measures of balance in the game. Maw, Mab, Manticore, Wisp, Fizzbang, Trolls… It’s a long list of new designs being overly dominant because the numbers and effects were simply over the top.

I assume that each brand new feature takes a lot of time and work, so hopefully after the pets we’ll see more reworks.

2 Likes

How about these new modes getting a buff with per match rewards. Gold, a trophy, maybe more seals, etc.

I agree it would be ideal and even suggested some distribution of such rewards on each event. But i would not be surprised, at all, that if when they introduce such changes we would have complains that now players are feeling FORCED to play these modes to not miss out these completely unexclusive rewards… :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m already hearing this is our guild chat and we are now figuring out exactly what we want to happen In our guild.

Its definitely brought changes.

To those who are complaining about people complaining…I would like to offer my complaints about your complaining. That is all. Good day.

6 Likes

In all seriousness…I myself don’t play arena. Dawnbringer or none.
The fix seems like an easy one though. So I guess I’m just curious. What took so long?

• Did no one think of this until recently?
  • Or did the programming just take a long time?

For months the narrative was “it’s not an easy fix”. But yet here we are…with an easy fix.

1 Like

2 Likes

Speak for yourself, I’m hoping to implement Dawnbringer-ban rules in other games I play!

For example, Chess is ever so much more fun when your opponent doesn’t get a queen. Hockey is a much easier sport when the other team isn’t allowed to have a goalie. And tic-tac-toe is a breeze for the “X” player when "O"s are banned! :smile:

When they introduce the 2nd Mythic weapon it should be called “Participation Trophy” and allow the wielder to automatically win every match they play.

Charge a million gems for it and watch game revenue skyrocket! :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Jokes aside, the next Mythic weapon to be introduced into the game could be “Dusk-something”, also consisting of three parts, but what if we would use lots of Gold for ar least one piece and if we would have quests in some kingdoms to unlock the secret of such weapons?

Nothing too fancy in the battles to not make ir more restrictive to obtain, just a little more interesting. Something like:

• Fighting an army from Darkstone seeking to corrupt a holy relic on Whitehelm, by the end of it we would fail to protect the relic, but we would take it with us to be assured it wouldn’t be used for evil purposes. Just finishing this quest “would give” us one piece, but the corrupted relic would need to be charged¹ in the soulforge… ¹Yeah, we would charge it by crafting it with souls and jewels.

• Capturing and interrogating one spy from Darkstones would lead us t investigate a legend of some secret dungeon on Ghulvania, and there we would find a tome describing how to craft an ancient dark weapon using a corrupted relic like the one we just conveniently have with us. We would unlock another craft recipe.

• At last we would need an artifact of extreme avarice, and making a deal with a Gnome to protect him from all the greedy adventurers out there he would then give us the last craft recipe. (This would be the piece requiring gold to craft).

2 Likes

I vote for making zero-member guilds disappear…
It’s a very complicated issue that they are studying! :laughing:

3 Likes

I like this. That’s another clear, actionable thing I think can be made a priority if enough players rally behind it. Plus we’ll get to see people cry that it makes Raids/Invasions easier or something.

2 Likes

Personally I was in favor of modifying Dawnbringer’s text as follows:

If being wielded in Arena, deal 99 damage to all allies. Otherwise, gain 30 trophies.

Functionally identical, but then the flavor text can be, “I got 99 problems and a trophy ain’t one.”

Other ideas I only just thought of today that could still be implemented:

• Add a 9th battle to Arena that’s always a Dawnbringer team. Add a prize to it from the Gnome pool.
  • Dawnbringer can show up in battles 6-8 of Arena, and similarly drops a Gnome prize.
  • Since it’s so easy to beat Dawnbringer: a special Arena mode that’s only Dawnbringer. 255 matches, single-loss permanent elimination (you can never play Arena again after a single loss). Every match is zero rewards, the final reward for 255-0 is Zuul’goth.

I expect if they add that last mode, within 10 minutes the entire PvP meta will be all-Zuul’goth teams.

3 Likes

THIS IS BRILLIANT!
They need to hire you as a game designer right away. :joy:

1 Like