Dungeons , get real

I have an idea on how to solve this problem:

1. They should have the perfect run when you beat all the 3 Dungeon Bosses and have traps to make the battle harder than normal.
    OR
  2. They can also have a way to utilize some resources such 10 or 50 treasure maps to reveal two boxes (Dungeon box/Slot). This will increase the chances of getting the perfect run and get these Dragonite.
2 Likes

Worth to mention that out of the 9 or 10 days I have only managed to find two battles a row once. Then got wiped out with a trap.

1 Like

No, that is not a viable design because it could be achieved 100% of the time simply by opening all six doors before fighting any of the bosses – which ruins the whole point of even having doors to begin with.

This, however, could be interesting. Say, if you could spend a Treasure Map to automatically pick one of the boss doors for you. This would considerably increase the probability of getting a Perfect Run and expand what is otherwise a non-expiring event sigil.

1 Like

It has been a flop for me for sure. I still don’t have a perfect run. Demoralized is the perfect word. I’m not a true grinder per se, but my level is in the 1400s, so I’m not a new player. I still haven’t gotten 3 Nysha medals after all this time, my Forge is still 1 cursed rune into level 17 and now I have the fun of finding a trap on the first door about half the runs. I have supported the game financially, but I feel this is just an attempt to pull gems out of everyone. You can’t grind Dungeons all day for that perfect run. The past 3 days I have just turned the game off after Dungeons. It doesn’t entice me to spend gems. It entices me not to not even play

6 Likes

You are right about the first option. Any way, I like my second option as well and i think it gives you valid use for these treasure maps.

Hey all,

Since the changes to Dungeons have been released, the CX team have been gathering your feedback to pass on to the team!

For example more opportunities to earn Dragonite as a significant point, some suggestions for being awarded Dragonite for non-perfect runs, award scaling for how many doors you can open before a trap and something that could trigger a perfect run if you have had an extensive bad run of Dungeon attempts.

I just wanted to jump into this thread (I’ll try to cross-share where relevant) to let you know we are listening to the feedback being shared!

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

36 Likes

Woohoo! Thanks so much!

There is nothing to be thankful yet. They are very vague with their statements in all cases.
It could either mean, we gonna get an improvement or nothing at all.

6 Likes

Hopefully it will include the “no duplicate dragons from the first 6 Gem Dragon Eggs” part, which is another demoralizing issue designed into your pipeline.
:blush: :crossed_fingers: :vulcan_salute:

23 Likes

Thanks. Waiting for these improvements. Thanks again. @Jeto

So much this! I can’t wait to pull the first duplicate dragon…

1 Like

+1000 to this

Many people will be upset when they get duplicates of troops that are already tied to such a rare resource.

7 Likes

Change better come fast, I will in a week time have my 2nd egg, and can’t help but fear a duplicate dragon. lol :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for passing on the Dragonite feedback! Also passing on no duplicate dragons would really go a long way as well. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Its as stupid as the rng adventure board, which they changed. Remember when only a few people were getting war coins?

The problem is the devs understand their players and know it doesn’t matter how often they screw you over, you will still say thank you may I please have another.

First I clicked on the top left – STAIRS! Sweet… I descended to level 3. Then I clicked on the top middle. Sweet, an enemy! Then I clicked on the bottom middle, another enemy! At this point I had three tiles left – bottom left, bottom right, and top right. A 1/3 chance to get the last enemy. I clicked bottom left. Death trap. Oh. FFS. Well, that perfect run is ruined. Clicked on the bottom right. Web trap. … Seriously. Opened the last one, top right.

They took dungeons and made them somehow even worse.

4 Likes

I think the new dungeon mode is completely bogus as well. For a long time I’ve been wanting a new dungeon system. There are so many things they could have done to make dungeons engaging, fun, and rewarding.

This pick doors system is very basic and uninspired to say the least.

The small rewards and time gating is very expected of them, yet still disappointing.

1 Like

My 2 cents worth for getting Dragonite in the Dungeons:
Perfect Run: rewards as normal.
1 Trap: 30 dragonite.
2 Traps: 15 dragonite.

As it stands now, when (which has been always) I hit a trap, I have little reason to do any fights. I have plenty of jewels, diamonds, shards. I may click on all the boxes to find a descending stair, but no incentive to do a battle after a trap is found.

1 Like

Math geeks: How much would the % for perfect run be if there just were 1 trap?

So here I am without a perfect run since the start of the new dungeon system and I am just baffled (once again :grin:) by the level of frustration included in this design.

Considering the numbers I read in various threads, it seems, that dragonite also increases with the dungeon level. Is the formula 80 + 2*dungeon level correct? I´ll assume it is… So the maximum for a perfect run would be 120 dragonite. Further assuming, that in the long run everyone will have their dungeons on level 20 and combining this with the chance of 10% for a perfect run this would mean, that players will average an amount of 12 dragonite per day.

Now, what I REALLY don´t understand: Who came up with the idea, that you´ll get a huge amount of dragonite for a perfect run or nothing whenever you trigger a trap? If players would be awarded 5 dragonite whenever they beat all 3 dungeon battles and the reward for the perfect run would be reduced to a maximum of 70 dragonite, absolutely nothing would change in the long run, players would still have 12 dragonite per day on average. But I think, the whole system would be much less frustrating, because you get a small amount every day and a bigger boost from time to time instead of nothing most days and a huge amount on rare occasions.

From dev point of view, they wouldn´t give away anything, because for people refusing to buy additional dragonite with 300 gems each day it would still be an average of 3.5 years to get all the dragons etc… But from player point of view it would be much less frustrating and maybe even a bit motivating. But I guess, motivating players is not the main target of this new feature - once again :man_shrugging:

6 Likes