Dungeon Perfect Run

You love accusing folks of trolling if their opinion remotely differs from yours. Or if their spending or time availability differs from yours. Who exactly is the troll here?

Well since you

• are not able to read the patch notes BEFORE you start to complain about them
  • judging other people for their amount of time they wanna spend on this game while
  • complain in almost every post, that you don’t like the direction this game goes/has gone in the past
  • are not able to accept that the game got more different layers over time (which you are probably not able to deal with)
  • ask questions/post comments that are neither entertaining or have anything to do with the topic or a comment by another person
  • still keep playing a game that you dislike so much more and more AND stay in this forum annoying other people with such stuff mentioned above

Yeah, I consider you being the troll here since your “opinion” is to dislike the game no matter what.
Accept the fact, that the game is not going in “your” direction. If you don’t like that, you can complain about it ofcourse, but you should be aware that the devs are not making the game just for you and that their direction probably won’t ever change.
Maybe it’s time for you to say goodbye and leave those players who still enjoy the game (in one way or another) alone.

And btw. I love to mock on those kind of people like you just for my enjoyment (and maybe others too).

3 Likes

Completed a level 3 dungeon today: got 86 dragonite. Not sure if it’s increasing because of level, or it’s within the bounds of randomness.

Would be great, if you could make a screenshot and post it here:

Add your order and dungeon level somewhere visible would be helpful too.

2 Likes

This is giving the expected amount :tada:

Lvl 1 perfect run gives 82 and this increases by 2 dragonite per level up to level 20

But you claim not to be a troll :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Is there any strategy at all for getting a perfect run or is it completely random? I’ve tried the new dungeons several times without a perfect run.

Unknown at the moment. Personally I’m under the impression that it’s entirely random. Others are recording data in hopes that there is a pattern or method.

At very least, nothing in the patch notes alluded to there being any strategies, so in the event a pattern does exist, I doubt it was intentionally created that way.

Finally got a 2nd perfect dungeon and it feels so good. 88 dragonite at lvl 4. I don’t remember having this level of satisfaction when completing a dungeon for a long time. For an older player, this randomness is a better experience. 10% is often for it to be rare, but not completely missable.

Not feeling the same way about the hoard mimic.

I don’t think all older players would agree. Dungeon used to be a 40 sec minor inconvenience for a guaranteed reward. Now I do the same thing for the same reward, only for it to take considerably longer because I’m getting inconvenienced along the way.

Imagine your boss telling you:

“I need you to stay at work for a couple extra minutes every day.”
“Okay? But I’m getting paid, right?”
“Yeah, in lottery tickets.”
“Sorry, what - no guaranteed pay? And the odds of winning are?”
“One in 10.”
“And what is there to win?”
“An amount of a resource which you need to gather for a chance to unlock the grand prize.”
“And the grand prize is?”
“A troop which might not be relevant anymore by the time you can afford it. Which should be sometime in 2024 for most workers.”
“Can I just keep my old schedule and you guys keep your tickets?”
“No, employees are required to work more and must play the lottery or there will be no pay at all.”

1 Like

Of course not all players would agree. Some people like grinding and numbers going up. Does the dungeon really pay off for them? How much incrementally better is it than grinding E12 for that time?

If you’re treating the game like a job, you need to QUIT YOUR JOB. Find something more fun. I can only imagine the addicts coming at me for saying this.

You’ll get no argument from me on that.

I do wonder: Who’s turning the game into a job - the players or the developers? People regularly ask the devs to make it easier to enjoy the game as a game, rather than a job that asks for more of you(r time and money) with every patch.

1 Like

On my first perfect dungeon, which happened on my 33rd try (across 2 account) , I was just angry :frowning:

I’m one of those who have been keeping track and some combinations seem to come up more often than others. Nobody has enough data to be able to tell for sure, but it does look like it’s not entirely random at the moment. Last 6 days for me, 3 of them had the same layout, which seems pretty unlikely if it was really random. But it might just be that the data set is too small and it will eventually turn out to be random :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I spent two weeks logging every dungeon run and couldn’t find anything that began to resemble a pattern. So after yesterday’s run, I decided I was done taking the few moments to log things and trying to tease something out of the gibberish.

Naturally, I got my first perfect run (in 23 attempts!) this morning. Maybe I’ll continue not logging dungeon attempts with the hopes that this isn’t a fluke.

tl;dr? I suspect it’s completely random, or at least an independent “random (or random-like) seed” for each individual player.

So, how much data is enough data?

I find it common for people to say not enough data to avoid having to think about things and most of those people can never give a definitive point when its enough data. Many times, even the suggested cutoff point where there’s finally enough data is still usually an arbitrary cutoff point at the end of the day.

I still haven’t had any perfect runs and it feels pretty crappy.

3 Likes

There probably is NEVER going to be enough data unless the devs specifically state that they are using corrective RNG based on some mechanism to counteract and balance historically streaky RNG after some predetermined imbalance criteria is met. But that sounds like work which their increased love of random is at odds with. Just pretend you’re playing pin the tail on the donkey and move on. Futile Analysis will only add further time and frustration to your day.