Dungeon Feedback

Are you sure you ‘considered’ the right feedback? Because the feedback in this thread doesn’t seem to align with your ‘happy plans’…
:thinking: :vulcan_salute:

35 Likes

If its anything like the daily offer changes, we’ll see dragon changes in 2+ years.

cool cool

(also no comment on Dragon Egg odds being fair or patterned)

14 Likes

Unbelievably tone deaf and terrible change, coupled with promises of bandaid fixes in the distant future.

Opened two traps in the first two rooms today post change. Back to starting every day frustrated. Sorry, 90% of days.

With everything broken in this game, why spend your time making this terrible game mode even worse?

22 Likes

So… if they’re looking to add gnome bait for Dragon Gnomes, then they’ll probably make it as rare as Cursed Gnomes. …

And Gnome Bait will most likely be a paid feature to spend on a random RNG dragon egg craft that can end in being a redundant waste of money.

This isnt going to end well, is it?

4 Likes

At this point I believe only half of this statement. How can we have any confidence that this change didn’t – accidentally or deliberately – introduce some new biases into the door selection?

4 Likes

So let me check if I understand correctly.

• You (dev) implemented a terrible system,random based with low probability of being lucky
  • everyone (except you) was pissed
  • community work together for checking pattern (effort and fun was put in)
  • community find patterns to alleviate bad luck
  • everyone is amused or at least less pissed 'cause system is still random but probability to get screwed each day is reduced [and acyaually a bit of thinking is to be put into, I’d add, but maybe it’s just me]
  • you take that away to get everyone pissed again…

Guys, really, I’m amazed of your lacking of comprehension of the world you created.
And sorry to say @Kafka @OminousGMan @Jeto , but in this you’re to blame too, 'cause you haven’t been able to make them understand how bad feelings towards this implementation were… so bad that just a self-gained little improvement was enough to put away pitchforks…

[Also, I don’t know how they discovered of community improvements since they don’t read forums as stated many times, thus I suspect that some CX is involved but it’d just be so bad that I don’t want to go that far…let’s point at some fantomatic “data gathering” ]

Yeah very VERY disappointing

41 Likes

I really can’t believe this, this is your reward for the players and for their hard work and collecting data and going through stressful analysis.

The community feels worse now with this so called fix, I don’t see you are focusing on what players are mentioning or complaining about. You take months if not years to fix but you are very fast to fix things if it meant to help players going through this RNG.

What is the point of mentioning anything in this forum if it will be used against us as community? Strange really. Very disappointing and hurtful.

29 Likes

I can’t express how disappointed I am in this change in what feels like a deliberate act of sabotage. I imagine that the devs will be sat there saying “you weren’t happy it wasn’t truly random so we made it random and you still aren’t happy”. That wasn’t the issue at all.

There was some really well constructed feedback about the update and the community openly shared data on the forum, came together and worked on a tool that helped us get dragonite. You could see clearly how the vibe was becoming more positive as people who went 30 days without a perfect run finally got a small amount of dragonite for the first time. It honestly feels like we have been penalised for coming together as a community and for giving feedback

54 Likes

should anyone be surprised though? this is literally their Modus operandi since the very beginning.

Anything in the favor of the player gets adjusted quickly.
Anything that doesn’t benefit the devs directly gets sidelined indefinitely.

Saw this coming a mile away

25 Likes

To not think about changing the rewards is nonsense. Exp 12 is harder than exp 1, delve 500 is harder than delve 50 so you get more rewards on the harder difficulty. Dungeon with 3 traps is harder than dungeon with no traps so you get less rewards! Utter nonsense

2 Likes

Further more, what concerns me is if this practice of taking away community acquired knowledge will leak over into other areas of the game?

Will World Event guides be sabotaged the same way so that more people have to dip into their pocket and buy gems, my guides basically do the same thing as the dungeon tool, the guides help players understand how to maximise the gains from a game mode. What about campaign guides, delve guides, will all rooms suddenly become random for every person, all campaign tasks in a random order? Where does it stop and how can one thing be justified as needing to be truly random and another not.

I’m gutted, absolutely gutted.

47 Likes

‘Sadly’. Whoever wrote this post knew that this change was strictly bad for players, and was not a response to feedback. Nothing in this announcement positively changes the game in response to player feedback, and it’s very disingenuous to present it this way.

Edit: Just to be clear, this is not an attack on the mod who posted this announcement, who’s just doing their job.

25 Likes

We should know by now that they hate our guts and want us to be miserable. And yet we’re still always surprised again.

It’s truly baffling that they think that making people feel angry and disappointed is the best for the game, for Player retention, and for them.

Even a modicum of happiness from us seems to be something that needs to be squashed right away.

You can make “free” dragonite as rare as Friday the 13th being on a Saturday and I still won’t buy your overpriced gem offers.

The unhappier and disappointed you make me the less I want to spend money on this game.

I can’t be the only one…

8 Likes

In an effort to keep it constructive:

1. I appreciate that it’s now actually random. While I liked having better odds of opening doors, I think a lot of people who didn’t know about the tool would sooner or later get upset knowing that they’ve been left out of the loop and failing dungeons due to lack of info. This makes it fair for everyone. So now we can all be equally miserable :frowning:
  2. I would still much prefer if the randomness was not so directly tied to dragonite rewards. Give us small amounts of dragonite consistently (and optionally a small bonus on top if we get lucky and get a perfect run), instead of large amounts randomly and everyone will be happier for it.

And for the less constructive side… what a :poop: move, devs. Thanks for teaching us to keep game issues that might benefit players as far away from the forums as possible. And double thanks for “listening to feedback” :face_vomiting:

27 Likes

You make this sound like it was a bug. The algorithm used was quite sophisticated and definitely required some deliberate, extra effort. This couldn’t have slipped in unnoticed, even a low number of automated tests runs would have detected the bias unless specifically instructed to consider this the intended result.

Could you please explain why this, in my opinion very questionable design decision was originally taken? From gamer perspective this is cheating, especially since the patch notes implied it would be a fair game.

Could you please confirm that the Gem Dragon Eggs are NOW, AFTER the patch a fair game, with each dragon having an independent 1:6 chance of getting pulled?

I can’t help but notice that all the feedback taken into consideration only resulted in the player experience getting worse. Of course there might actually eventually come something good out of this, but we’ve been promised a lot of things to happen in a year, and we are still waiting half a decade later.

35 Likes

10 Likes

@OminousGMan - Could you please explain why it wasn’t fully random in the first place?

I only found out it wasn’t yesterday.

Simple probability is, at best, year 10 Maths. Are you saying that your programmers failed Year 10 Maths? That really is how it looks, and for your own sakes, I’d honestly like to hear a less self-condemning reason.

6 Likes

“We’re sorry they were detectable” :clown_face:

You have perfect control over the economy.

You could’ve just made up a new currency or added a single troop/weapon/item people would’ve spent all their ‘excess’ dragonite on.

Once again, I’m left wondering ‘Why’? Why like this? Why on a Friday (we know why)? Why not truly random to begin with? Why spend time, money and effort on a convoluted dungeon generator, only to go back to a single line of code shuffling the doors?

There were many ways to ‘solve’ this gracefully. So why?

At the very least, you should’ve waited this one out until next patch. You could’ve used the opportunity to slightly alter the dungeon pattern and ‘gamify’ this.
“The dungeon patterns just change from time to time!”

Absolute clown car.
Once again proving that community efforts are completely wasted.

21 Likes

Very disappointing. I was excited to hear that there was going to be an element of strategy/skill in picking dungeon doors, and now that’s being taken away to reduce people’s dragonite acquisition rates?

4 Likes

next update: 300 dragonite for your soul.