Dragonguard - why isn’t it focused on dragons?

@Mekkalyn Answering the OP title “Why”…
Because the developers only created color categories NOT Racial categories. They randomly slapped in a few race options for kicks on the color categories. Square Peg, round hole, but the devs were holding a hammer, so its all good.

1 Like

Definitely would approve of specific trees per classes. That’s honestly what I had thought they were doing and was excited for. Thanks for the link, very interesting.

1 Like

Off-topic: Huh… @Mekkalyn is back too, but i guess you wouldn’t recognize my actual nick on the forums. I used to be Ivar. :wave:

2 Likes

Pretty funny coming from the person who defends Doomskulls and Doomstorm as being good for the game because it gives us something equal to InfernIsh. And this is a problem how? :thinking:

If you’re planning on maxing your classes, you’re committing to waiting on mythics. It’s not hard to get them. Do your daily dungeons, hoard your keys wisely, and you will be rewarded.

You didn’t say what you wanted, you just complained that what you got isn’t it. Forgive me for trying to figure out where you were going with your narrative. Personally, I stand behind the ideas I had: Dragonguard is more versatile since it can branch out. Versatility is sometimes nice.

My real worry is if the devs shoot for the power level of Divines/Doomskulls again, they’ll aim high and make something even stronger. Then that thing might stick around because they decide they didn’t nerf Divines/Doomskulls, etc. I do think the game’s a little more exciting in the notches below. Considering how many extra events are going on, it’d be neat if “Divines/Doomskulls are what I use for scaling events, I use other teams for fun”.

There is a human being inside this pony. We are irrational. My wants don’t always align or make sense. Doomskulls/Divines are what we have, they were mistakes but I don’t want the devs to take them away. On the other hand, making more of them isn’t a good idea. My one exception: I am perversely happy with Doomskulls because it’s cheaper to assemble than Divines. So if they make a better and cheaper high-end team, I’m game. Arming newbies is my kind of gig.

1 Like